Page 1 of 1

[2.1.14] Strange order of drawing heat pipe connection patches sprite

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:50 am
by ldinc
Using 2.1.14 game version I see the "reactor-connect-patches.png" or heat pipe original sprite overlap don't properly applied to nuclear reactor. Seems it render after "reactor-pipes.png" layer.

I'm not sure is it bug, or just design.
In game rendering -
08-08-2026, 06-49-49.png
08-08-2026, 06-49-49.png (206.97 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
My own test -
08-08-2026, 06-47-44.png
08-08-2026, 06-47-44.png (550.06 KiB) Viewed 1262 times

Re: [2.1.14] Strange order of drawing heat pipe connection patches sprite

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2026 1:13 pm
by Rseding91
Thanks for the report however I'm not sure what I'm looking at or what's not rendering how you think it should be rendering.

Do you have an example mod, and could you point me at exactly what's not rendering right?

Re: [2.1.14] Strange order of drawing heat pipe connection patches sprite

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:05 am
by ldinc
There is in base game "nuclear-reactor" entity with different spritesheets parts (layers maybe) like "lower_layer_picture", "connection_patches_connected":

The entity code with layer definitions:

Code: Select all

lower_layer_picture =
    {
      filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-pipes.png",
      ...
    },
    heat_lower_layer_picture = apply_heat_pipe_glow
    {
      filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-pipes-heated.png",
      ...
    },

    picture =
    {
      layers =
      {
        {
          filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor.png",
          ...
        },
        {
          filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-shadow.png",
          ...
        }
      }
    },

    working_light_picture =
    {
      ...
    },
      heat_picture = apply_heat_pipe_glow
      {
      ...
    },

    connection_patches_connected =
    {
      sheet =
      {
        filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-connect-patches.png",
        ...
      }
    },

    connection_patches_disconnected =
    {
      sheet =
      {
        filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-connect-patches.png",
        ...
      }
    },

    heat_connection_patches_connected =
    {
      sheet = apply_heat_pipe_glow
      {
        filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-connect-patches-heated.png",
        ...
      }
    },

    heat_connection_patches_disconnected =
    {
      sheet = apply_heat_pipe_glow
      {
        filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/nuclear-reactor/reactor-connect-patches-heated.png",
        ...
      }
    },
Visually I expect to see connection_patches_disconnected/connection_patches_connected layern to be under lower_layer_picture.
reactor-pipes.png
reactor-pipes.png (38.79 KiB) Viewed 444 times
reactor-connect-patches.png
reactor-connect-patches.png (46.38 KiB) Viewed 444 times
The game current render sequence:
08-22-2026, 12-57-36.png
08-22-2026, 12-57-36.png (102.83 KiB) Viewed 444 times
What I expect to see:
08-22-2026, 13-09-44.png
08-22-2026, 13-09-44.png (252.6 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Sorry, I don't have idea how to write visual mod to show the difference. Only can show via graphical editor (manually combines layers).

Re: [2.1.14] Strange order of drawing heat pipe connection patches sprite

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:18 am
by ldinc
08-22-2026, 13-18-09.png
08-22-2026, 13-18-09.png (423.91 KiB) Viewed 434 times