Page 1 of 1
[2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2026 11:12 am
by rifton007
Hi,
Lag near the Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba — noticeable slowdown when I'm near/looking at it, both in player mode and camera/remote view.
Runs normally elsewhere on Gleba (away from the pad) and on other planets (Fulgora, Vulcanus, Nauvis). No mods installed. Playing solo/single-player.
I've added a video on Streamable showing the lag:
https://streamable.com/1ggv3a
- 2.1.zip
- My save file
- (94.69 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
Thanks,
Re: [2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 1:11 pm
by boskid
It looks like there is a beefy pile of items on ground. Did you have any cargo landing pad overflow accidents there? Ref
135336 134798

- 08-03-2026, 15-10-24.png (535.42 KiB) Viewed 940 times
Re: [2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 2:49 pm
by danbopes
Shouldn't they fan out around the landing pad?
Re: [2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 3:07 pm
by Rseding91
They will, until the ground has been covered in items and then they will start stacking at the 1 point. I'd guess the ones that fanned out were already collected.
Re: [2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2026 12:01 pm
by rifton007
Yes, exactly — there were items scattered around the cargo pad before, and I picked them up with my construction bots. I did notice a small square outline, but it looked like an X over the whole pad when I tried to remove it, so I assumed it would destroy the entire landing pad. I didn't realize those items were stacked underneath it. Thanks a lot for the help, I can finally play on Gleba now!
Re: [2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:57 pm
by danbopes
I'd say instead of stacking 90k+ items on one tile, when the dropped items overflow they should stack at either a random tile or sequentially out, trying to avoid being behind entities at all costs.
Re: [2.1.12] Cargo Landing Pad on Gleba causing lag
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 12:31 am
by Rseding91
That is how it works, until it covers a 2x2 chunk area in items then it stops trying to find a spot and puts them at the entity center. The issue as stated is that it should not be dropping cargo pods when the landing pad is full.