Page 1 of 1

make LuaEntity::loader_container writeable

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2025 3:25 am
by hgschmie
Similar to LuaEntity::pickup_target and LuaEntity::drop_target, it would be useful if LuaEntity::loader_container could be set directly to the container that the loader picks up from / drops into. Currently, the field is read-only.

Re: make LuaEntity::loader_container writeable

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 2:07 am
by PennyJim
+1

I'm making a compound entity so I can pretend an entity has multiple energy sources. To make the internal burners accessible I'm making specific input ports out of loaders, which means they'll inevitably overlap with the main entity. There might be a specific way to get them to link to the hidden boilers I want, but it would be easier and I'd feel more confident if I could just directly set it.

I'm leaning towards making a hidden surface to put the burner boiler and loaders on (connected by linked belt) if my first attempts at getting the loader to connect to the boiler don't work.

Re: make LuaEntity::loader_container writeable

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 9:39 pm
by Kabury
+1, I'd like to be able to have parity with inserters for compound entities.

Re: make LuaEntity::loader_container writeable

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 9:41 pm
by protocol_1903
+1, for the exact same reasons as penny