Page 3 of 3
Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:06 am
by leopoldkabouter
NineNine wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:26 pm
All of this wasted, useless plastic makes me sad.
It is not wasted if people are having fun.
It is not wasted if people keep it, and look at it every morning and it makes them happy or gives them strength to tackle live.
Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:30 pm
by Daid
Pard wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:35 pm
Daid wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:24 am
Ohhhhhh, love this. (Yes, original creator of Cura slicing software approves of your models)
But, now, I have to remix the inserter to be larger and allow for micro servos so it can actually move...
I would love to see remix of inserter to function as a desk lamp.
Oh, I guess I could do both in one

Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:36 pm
by rojcowles
Daid wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:30 pm
Pard wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:35 pm
Daid wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:24 am
Ohhhhhh, love this. (Yes, original creator of Cura slicing software approves of your models)
But, now, I have to remix the inserter to be larger and allow for micro servos so it can actually move...
I would love to see remix of inserter to function as a desk lamp.
Oh, I guess I could do both in one
While not having the time, space or ... err ... a printer I just pictured a large Stack inserter holding an upside down Factorio light to illuminate a desk and the image made me smile.
Thanks for putting the thought out there!
Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:44 pm
by wizcreations
rojcowles wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:36 pm
Daid wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:30 pm
Pard wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:35 pm
Daid wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:24 am
Ohhhhhh, love this. (Yes, original creator of Cura slicing software approves of your models)
But, now, I have to remix the inserter to be larger and allow for micro servos so it can actually move...
I would love to see remix of inserter to function as a desk lamp.
Oh, I guess I could do both in one
While not having the time, space or ... err ... a printer I just pictured a large Stack inserter holding an upside down Factorio light to illuminate a desk and the image made me smile.
Thanks for putting the thought out there!
And thanks, Daid, for your upcoming post to Printables so we can make rojcowles's vision a reality

Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:26 pm
by Godrick456
Oh wow. My next question is how long it will be before someone makes a Warhammer faction made of Factorio characters/biters. would be awesome.