[YouTube] Negative Root's Factorio Tutorials

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [YouTube] Negative Root's Factorio Tutorials

Post by oLaudix »

ssilk wrote:Some of the tutorials are outdated with 0.12. For example train setup without chain signals ("Never cross lines" makes no sense anymore).

Do you plan to update them?
He already made 2 new videos about trains 1 week ago? Afaik those contain 0.12 changes to trains.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

oLaudix wrote:
ssilk wrote:Some of the tutorials are outdated with 0.12. For example train setup without chain signals ("Never cross lines" makes no sense anymore).

He already made 2 new videos about trains 1 week ago? Afaik those contain 0.12 changes to trains.
One of those was barely useful as a tutorial and was more of a badly thought out rant against "loops"

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

ratchetfreak wrote: One of those was barely useful as a tutorial and was more of a badly thought out rant against "loops"
this

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Yep. The playlist is being updated regularly, even if I don't visit here terribly often :)
ratchetfreak wrote:One of those was barely useful as a tutorial and was more of a badly thought out rant against "loops"
:lol: That video was designed with a goal in mind. It achieved the goal quite handily :) Also, it falls well short of "rant".

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Very good job with the whole series! I have put the link to the tutorial series on our video page and might put it to other places as well - for instance the activation email.

Ventis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ventis »

I'm a subscriber to your channel now and I gotta say, your tutorials are the best. I've been making my own mini "Crusher" and your videos have made me rebuilt it several times over already. :)

Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zortoch »

I really love your tutorials Root, this is a great help for an old man. Your explanations are easily understandable and I usually have the tutorial up as I play along. Right now i have the oïl network up at the same time i'm playing. Great job.

Zortoch and the girls

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Posts like these make my day. Thank you both for your kind words...

sinrise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sinrise »

Root, I love your tutorials and have watched them all. They've been an immense help. I really, *really* appreciate your willingness to help me figure out my train situation. Hopefully it's simple and I'm just derping all over myself but I'll be damned if I can't figure it out. Here's some caps.

This is the first and second intersection. They are all identical, but some are rotated.

Here's what all my stations look like. So far they all end at resources. There is a train parked at every station and they all have no path.

And, just in case it's helpful, here's my entire network.

Thanks again, man! :mrgreen:

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

yeah, you've fucked up a signal somewhere. send me the save file rootnegative@gmail.com

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Good day,
Is there anything in these instruction videos about Combinators?
I've clicked myself silly but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”