• Download-Url: Download
  • Source: Click
  • Dependencies: ["base"]
  • Category: Item
  • Tags: drop, pickup, burner, basic, long, fast, smart
LONG DESCRIPTION
Changelog
for modders
Last edited by L0771 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Cursed PI - v0.0.2

Post by SHiRKiT »

Loved the concept, really useful in tight spaces!

Corbald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corbald »

Burner Inserter (PI) causes Unhandled exception and crashes the game when it first tries to fuel it's self.

Game version: 12.2
Crash Log

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

Going to try this, I'm guessing this is going to be very popular and make the other inserter mods obsolete.

Are these supported for blueprints?

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

This is awesome, genius! If you are willing to expand to all variations of close, fast, smart, or apply your code to the Dytech insterters that would be perfect.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

SHiRKiT wrote:Loved the concept, really useful in tight spaces!
I've stolen the idea from a request, i like make mods but i have no idea about what.
Corbald wrote:Burner Inserter (PI) causes Unhandled exception and crashes the game when it first tries to fuel it's self.

Game version: 12.2
Crash Log
hmmm the mod is very simple, i've created 7 * 8 inserters (7 possibles convinations of OUT for every IN and 8 possibles IN), like a grid:
1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9
If you want a inserter from 1 to 6 the inserter is called cursed-basic-inserter_1_6 (can't IN and OUT in the same position and position 5 can't be In or OUT)
-- I know, i can make it with 7 * 2 and all possibles rotarions, but is easy for me with this code...
With this i want to say, this mod only works between build the inserter until you click Accept :)
I can't reproduce this error.
I can add 1 wood to burner inserter, with this may solve the problem?
Talguy wrote:Going to try this, I'm guessing this is going to be very popular and make the other inserter mods obsolete.
I don't want that, i only want ... i don't know, i'm only a modder, i do mods :/
Talguy wrote:Are these supported for blueprints?
:o no
wtf
I don't know why, but i'll solve it.
DreamSmith wrote:This is awesome, genius! If you are willing to expand to all variations of close, fast, smart, or apply your code to the Dytech insterters that would be perfect.
Thanks you.
In the next version i'll make a script, if he wants add his inserters i have no problem :)

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

Is there a problem with the sound files, get a squeel when the basic one is working.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

DreamSmith wrote:Is there a problem with the sound files, get a squeel when the basic one is working.
yep, and sound is useless, i'll erase all sounds.

Corbald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corbald »

Yeah, I love this idea. Still getting crash from the burner inserters, but I don't think it's just them. The sound squeal is present in all inserters and sometimes regular speed inserters (PI) crash the game. Can't seem to come up with reproducible method... dunno. I'd hate to have to switch to the other Side Inserters mod (no offence to it's author) because it doesn't support corner angles, AND because it clutters the build menu. I don't want to switch over to it then have to pull them all out to replace with your mod... not sure how I want to handle this. :/

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Setting match_progress_to_activity to false in the entity definitions appears to stop the squealing/squeaking.

If you place a second programmable inserter before closing the GUI from the first, it throws an error (frame already exists) and boots you back to the main menu.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

GotLag wrote:Setting match_progress_to_activity to false in the entity definitions appears to stop the squealing/squeaking.

If you place a second programmable inserter before closing the GUI from the first, it throws an error (frame already exists) and boots you back to the main menu.
Thanks you!
I'm finishing the script to make all inserters (1/4 than before) and i'll upload a new version.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Cursed PI - v0.0.3

Post by L0771 »

Upgraded v0.0.3
My changelog is sleepy, can see all changes here maybe.
v0.0.3
hmmm i forgot, blueprint compatible.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

L0771 wrote:Upgraded v0.0.3
v0.0.3
Just out of curiosity - what made it incompatible with blueprints?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

orzelek wrote:
L0771 wrote:Upgraded v0.0.3
v0.0.3
Just out of curiosity - what made it incompatible with blueprints?
:D I've thought a lot about it!
Possible problems are: a line of code, but my entities are all a copy from base items, but, item? what item? I'm modifying the base... I don't have a item for this entities... Item... Blueprint... OMFG!
I need items! How can a robot build something without a item? but... how can you make a item without a recipe?
I think blueprints needs a recipe, something without a recipe, can't be blueprinted.

Now, how can make 1 item and 1 recipe for every inserter? i have 56 inserters of everyone(168 counting items and recipes for inserter!!)
With v0.0.3 i've implemented about direction, now have 14 recipes of every inserter (1/4), are ONLY 14 inserters, 14 items and 14 recipes for every inserter! But, who can select 1 inserter from 14 inserters with the same icon, calculating direction too? for this i've created Cursed assembler programmer, using every assembler to make your inserter :)

Ralord89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralord89 »

I get this error when running it with Reverse Factory mod

I have put this post in this thread and Reverse Factory

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Ralord89 wrote:I get this error when running it with Reverse Factory mod

Code: Select all

data.raw["recipe"]["cursed-pa"].ingredients = {{"iron-plate",1}}
Add this in the end of the data.lua.
i have this modified for the next version, but i don't want update only for this.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Cursed PI - v0.0.3

Post by provet »

Nice mod! Can it be programmed to place on the near/far belt path?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

provet wrote:Nice mod! Can it be programmed to place on the near/far belt path?
You can make a mod and modify distOut here:
cursedPI_addInserter(name,baseRecipe,baseItem,baseEntity,icon,ingredients,ingMult,energy,energyMult,distIn,distOut,othersRecipe,othersItem,othersEntity)
for modders

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

i've seen all kinds of variations of this concept. personally i like the one where you click on the actual inserter to change it's orientation and you get a normal inserter of the type back when deconstructing.
I also like the one where there is 4 (short, normal, medium, long) different ranges for output and 2 (standard normal, long) for input separately. where you can set where to place the item on the belt. so with 8 directions to take from, 7 to put things to (pointless to put it back where it came from, so 1 less), 2 variations on the arm length to grab, and 4 variations where to put it, that would make a total of 8*7*4*2 = 448 variations of each and every one inserter type.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

FalcoGer wrote:i've seen all kinds of variations of this concept. personally i like the one where you click on the actual inserter to change it's orientation and you get a normal inserter of the type back when deconstructing.
I also like the one where there is 4 (short, normal, medium, long) different ranges for output and 2 (standard normal, long) for input separately. where you can set where to place the item on the belt. so with 8 directions to take from, 7 to put things to (pointless to put it back where it came from, so 1 less), 2 variations on the arm length to grab, and 4 variations where to put it, that would make a total of 8*7*4*2 = 448 variations of each and every one inserter type.
ok, but i need more graphics :d

Return to “Mods”