Version history
Attachments
Pocket-Bots-Start_1.0.4.zip
0.12.11 Update
(12.51 KiB) Downloaded 2980 times
Pocket-Bots-Start_1.0.3.zip
0.12.0 - 0.12.10
(12.37 KiB) Downloaded 932 times
Last edited by vampiricdust on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 am, edited 7 times in total.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Pocket Bots Start v1.0.1

Post by vampiricdust »

After thinking about it, I figured some may prefer a basic start & have the pocket bots, so I've added an option to enable more stuff & tech research. You'll have to modify the control.lua, line 2 where it sets fastStart = false to fastStart = true if you want them.

It makes the start of game so much more friendly for quickly setting up a new factory.

madac83
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by madac83 »

Nice, I have been wondering when you were going to put this up. Thank you and keep up the good work sir.

rinaf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rinaf »

i just started testing it and im a bit annoyed to be forced to mine 4 iron without a pickaxe :/

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

rinaf wrote:i just started testing it and im a bit annoyed to be forced to mine 4 iron without a pickaxe :/
I'm sorry about, I didn't think about. I'll make sure to add the standard starting iron and get it uploaded when I get home.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

rinaf wrote:i just started testing it and im a bit annoyed to be forced to mine 4 iron without a pickaxe :/
I'm sorry, I didn't think about that. I'll make sure to add the standard starting iron and get it uploaded when I get home.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Pocket Bots Start v1.0.2

Post by vampiricdust »

Alrighty, got it updated. Should give 8 plates to make a pick.

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Awesome, really like this idea :)
Thank you

lordfwahfnah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lordfwahfnah »

hey, awesome mod
i just seem to be unable to use the blue-blueprint. i can copy buildings into the blueprint, but i cant paste it on the ground so my bots build it up.
not sure if its a problem with THIS mod (got other mods installed) but i have no other mods interfering with the blueprints so...

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Oh, I know. I removed the research tech for the default which makes blueprints unusable in the normal start..... hmmm. I'll need to modify it to enable ghost usage either way then I don't need to research blueprint tech automatically. Let me get on it.

Alrighty, 1.0.3 uploaded & this problem has been fixed by adding a new tech called Pocket Bot Planning that is researched at the start. If you place a lab or have one placed, the research can be done for free, only takes a second of time to do.

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Pocket Bots Start v1.0.3

Post by Lonewolf »

Hi. Tried to start a new game today with your mod and Dytech CORE, something seem to clash between them. I got an error message that had something to do with the bot research, i set it to false in your control.lua line 59 i think it was.
Sorry I'm just a complete noob at this, don't even know where to find the logs. But setting that value from true to false made it work.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Lonewolf wrote:Hi. Tried to start a new game today with your mod and Dytech CORE, something seem to clash between them. I got an error message that had something to do with the bot research, i set it to false in your control.lua line 59 i think it was.
Sorry I'm just a complete noob at this, don't even know where to find the logs. But setting that value from true to false made it work.
Yeah, the problem is Dytech is logging when research is completed, but since I'm making the research completed before the game technically starts, the game time is nil and breaking Dytech. Technically this is a problem with Dytech as any mod that enables technology at the start of the game will cause that.

On the bright side, disabling the tech does fix the problem & all you have to do is put a lab down & start research on it. It will finish in 1 second & you can use the blueprint.

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Indeed, it is all working flaweless now :) Thank you again for this mod, it makes the early game more enjoyable!

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

vampiricdust wrote:Yeah, the problem is Dytech is logging when research is completed, but since I'm making the research completed before the game technically starts, the game time is nil and breaking Dytech. Technically this is a problem with Dytech as any mod that enables technology at the start of the game will cause that.

On the bright side, disabling the tech does fix the problem & all you have to do is put a lab down & start research on it. It will finish in 1 second & you can use the blueprint.
Wouldn't it be possible to add an optional dependency ("? DYTech-Core" or whatever the filename is)? I'm assuming DYTech-Core registers an event handler for this.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Talguy wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to add an optional dependency ("? DYTech-Core" or whatever the filename is)? I'm assuming DYTech-Core registers an event handler for this.
I'm fairly certain it's not possible as the dependency deals with loading order but the problem appears when a game starts, long after mods get loaded.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Lonewolf wrote:Indeed, it is all working flaweless now :) Thank you again for this mod, it makes the early game more enjoyable!
I'm glad you enjoy it. It takes out the tree cutting labor & speeds up constructing. I also like how it extends your reach so you don't have to move around so much to place stuff. I've had more fun in early game with this kind of start. Only thing that would be nice is if the bots could mine for you.

antichaos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by antichaos »

Is there a way I can activate this on an existing game I'm already an hour into?

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

No, this only changes how you spawn. You could use the lua commands to give you the stuff though.

/c game.player.insert{name="iron-plate",count=100}

Replace iron-plate with the item's LUA name and change how many you want.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Updated for 0.12.12 and tested on 0.12.15

space_jockey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] Pocket Bots Start v1.0.4

Post by space_jockey »

I'm on 12.26 and when I gen a world I get this error:

__Pocket-Bots-Start__/control.lua:8: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

Was there an API change from then to now that breaks your mod? I'm using the archive provided from your last post.

Return to “Mods”