[MOD 0.12.x] Larger Inventory

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.12.x] Larger Inventory

Post by Rseding91 »

This is a very tiny mod that doubles the size of the player's inventory.

Current version: 1.0.0

Download [0.10.8 & 0.11 & 0.12]:
Larger Inventory_1.0.0.zip
(489 Bytes) Downloaded 36102 times
Last edited by Rseding91 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Larger Inventory

Post by Turtle »

Oh cool. I thought I read that this part was hard coded. Good job.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's not hard coded, it's defined in the player entity definitions. The problem is that it is not upgradable via tech, so you're stuck with the size you start with, wether it be the default size, or a larger edited size.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

thx thx thx !!!

btw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by btw »

very usable mod thx

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

When playing with 20+ mods, this is a nice feature to have, since you end up stacking tons of stuff on the inventory all the time since everything requires different raw intermediary products.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SHiRKiT wrote:When playing with 20+ mods, this is a nice feature to have, since you end up stacking tons of stuff on the inventory all the time since everything requires different raw intermediary products.
Definitely, I actually wrote a mod that gives me double inventory size myself, but havn't released it. I think someone found the line that does it commented out in one of my mods.
I also have a Patreon.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

bobingabout wrote:... I think someone found the line that does it commented out in one of my mods.
Nah :P I realized it could be done when I was looking at "The Fat Controller" and saw it added its own player entity. I never realized the player entity could be re-defined (I just assumed it was hard coded).

I was going to make a mod with research to upgrade the different parts of the player but like you mentioned there's no way to migrate settings live so I made this and said good enough (at least until 0.11 is out) :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rseding91 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:... I think someone found the line that does it commented out in one of my mods.
Nah :P
I didn't actually mean you, someone in my forum topics commented on the commented out line.
I also have a Patreon.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Larger Inventory

Post by Kane »

Thank you for this. I love having a bigger main inventory. I find the current one smaller. I hope there is upgrades aka research for this. If not consider maybe adding it down the road. It would be fun to research each added row.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Kane wrote:Thank you for this. I love having a bigger main inventory. I find the current one smaller. I hope there is upgrades aka research for this. If not consider maybe adding it down the road. It would be fun to research each added row.
currently not possible, due to the way researchs are defined by the game, you can only research an effect if it has been pre-defined by the devs. since there is no feature to upgrade your inventory in the base game, you can't expand upon that with mods.
I also have a Patreon.

Dellamonikus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dellamonikus »

Well fuck.
I installed the mod, it set some stack sizes down from 200 to 50 and now...well...the inventories are kinda smaller...
I didnt realise early enough and saved the game, how can I delete the mod changes from the map? I've deleted the mod!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Dellamonikus wrote:Well fuck.
I installed the mod, it set some stack sizes down from 200 to 50 and now...well...the inventories are kinda smaller...
I didnt realise early enough and saved the game, how can I delete the mod changes from the map? I've deleted the mod!
This mod doesn't touch stack sizes. Just the player inventory size.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

bobingabout wrote:currently not possible, due to the way researchs are defined by the game, you can only research an effect if it has been pre-defined by the devs. since there is no feature to upgrade your inventory in the base game, you can't expand upon that with mods.
Couldn't a workaround be to define different player prototypes with different inventory sizes. Once an upgrade is researched have control.lua swap the old prototype with the new one?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Choumiko wrote:
bobingabout wrote:currently not possible, due to the way researchs are defined by the game, you can only research an effect if it has been pre-defined by the devs. since there is no feature to upgrade your inventory in the base game, you can't expand upon that with mods.
Couldn't a workaround be to define different player prototypes with different inventory sizes. Once an upgrade is researched have control.lua swap the old prototype with the new one?
That might be possible but the swapping of the player with the new one while maintaining the inventory would be tricky and problem ridden.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

This mod makes a drastic change, increasing player inventory from 6 to 12 rows. Have you thought about making an alternate version that increases inventory capacity by less, e.g. by only 50%?

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

Rseding91 wrote:That might be possible but the swapping of the player with the new one while maintaining the inventory would be tricky and problem ridden.
Have the research throw up a button on screen that says "Upgrade Inventory" clicking on it tells you to empty your inventory first. Any reserved and/or logistic slots would probably need to be redone after. Not sure on the last part since I have no idea how the code works.

Doublespin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Doublespin »

I dont know much about coding but i think i found a simple workaround:
the game.onevent function https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... chfinished

With this function it should be possible to check after every finishes research if research "x" is finished and run some lines of code. There will be some unnecessary checks but i cant imagine that they will have a large impact on the performance.

edit: I looked up some things in the wiki/forum and if i got it right, then the player entitity can be changed but not be updated in a live game?
So my idea doesnt work.

Rseding91 wrote:
Choumiko wrote:
That might be possible but the swapping of the player with the new one while maintaining the inventory would be tricky and problem ridden.
The cursed exp mod has a tomb stone integrated which saved the items a player has when he dies. Maybe you are allowed to borrow some code?
Maybe the code of the "bodys" feature could beuseful too?
I'm not a native speaker (obviously), so I will appreciate every pm with corrections :)

Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Larger Inventory

Post by Darkestnoir »

Seems to be not working on 0.12...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Larger Inventory

Post by Koub »

Is it possible to test the game with just vanilla + this mod ?
If the mod is effectively not compatible with 0.12, I'll move it back to <=0.11 until it's fixed
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Mods”