Update 0.6.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
RawCode
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Update 0.6.0

Post by RawCode »

no reactor... but atleast we now have some furnace progression, but without reactor it still just grinding.

Linguini
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linguini »

What happened with the right button of the mouse to just leave a piece of the selected resource? Now it doesn't work... Also I tried other buttons like Ctrl and the mouse middle button and at the last one the game crashed... :/
Though I love the changelog, is looking very promising. :)

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

Guys, really awesome work. When i almost feared you are slacking somewhere, not hearing from you over a month, you proved me wrong, you even implemented my suggestion about attack indicator. I see i did well when few weeks ago i bought the extended challenges thus supporting you more, keep up the good work, i'll be looking forward to any new bit!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New map and map-mode

Post by ssilk »

Just read what I wrote yesterday...
ssilk wrote:The map-mode can of course look much more abstract than the real map. No need to take the same colors. In most games I know the ground is there grey/green/brown, enemy is red, myself is blue/white/yellow (for different states)
what did I wanted to say with that? :shock:

I think it was this:
- copper-resource fields look sometimes like creeper villages. Especially when only small parts of it are exposed. The colors are of course different, but I mixed it up because of the form.
Suggestion: when discovered expose a bigger part of it, so that you see the tiling of a resource field vs. the more or less chaotic look of a creeper village, which makes then the difference.
- I also don't saw the creepers walking. A red dot on brown ground is difficult. I would like to see them as bigger circles, when they are walking, like the own player. Or eventually better as triangle with the head pointing in the direction they walk. In any way: a walking creeper is dangerous and should be clearly visible on the map and minimal.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

Is it just me who things that the graphics is getting worse and worse by every release? The reason is that everything just looks the same and it is very hard to orient in it. In my factory, I just see a lot of gray things, all of which are looking the same :(.

I will do tests concerning the speed of the game but it seems to run little faster. (But it is stressing my computer much more, which I don't like that much.) Also the map generation still looks quite silly, it might be a good idea to allow mods to generate maps (even if it would be slower, I wouldn't care that much, if I would get a nice map).

henry_smith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by henry_smith »

slpwnd wrote:@henry_smith, Cerus

Sorry for the inconvenience. The direct download for win is fixed now.
Thanks! I'm enjoying the new electric furnaces and addon modules.

tonberrytoby
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tonberrytoby »

Does the lab naming really use the full nameset?
I have 10 labs and 2 are named after me. This looks unlikely.

Finnboghi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Finnboghi »

Linguini wrote:What happened with the right button of the mouse to just leave a piece of the selected resource? Now it doesn't work... Also I tried other buttons like Ctrl and the mouse middle button and at the last one the game crashed... :/
Though I love the changelog, is looking very promising. :)
I played around with it, and found that right clicking to pick up now selects one at a time, and then you simply drop all in your hand at once with left click.

I believe control+right click picks up half the stack like it used to.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

zlosynus wrote:Is it just me who things that the graphics is getting worse and worse by every release? The reason is that everything just looks the same and it is very hard to orient in it. In my factory, I just see a lot of gray things, all of which are looking the same :(.
I think it is a bit like in reality. From far away everthing looks the same and the difference appear, when you come closer. :) I like the graphics very much, they are so detailed when zoomed in! For some graphics, a bit more color would be fine, but this is against the steam punk look. https://www.google.de/search?q=steampunk&tbm=isch&tbo=u
I think there is place for much detail improvement (so that everything matches together), but no general issue...
(But it is stressing my computer much more, which I don't like that much.)
Sorry, but I can't take that serious. :) Any program should work as fast as possible.
If you don't like that: you are the admin of your computer. Configure it, so that for example only one CPU is used. But that's not a task for the program. ;)
Also the map generation still looks quite silly, it might be a good idea to allow mods to generate maps (even if it would be slower, I wouldn't care that much, if I would get a nice map).
Hum. I have another opinion. The maps generated are quite interesting, when walking a bit around and I think they will introduce some more stuff into the maps.
I have some ideas, why we are so different opinion, but I wait for other experiences. :geek:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

FrozenOne wrote:Guys, really awesome work. When i almost feared you are slacking somewhere, not hearing from you over a month, you proved me wrong, you even implemented my suggestion about attack indicator. I see i did well when few weeks ago i bought the extended challenges thus supporting you more, keep up the good work, i'll be looking forward to any new bit!
We had one week vacation that month. we really needed that. I believe it helped us to work more effectively after that :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hehe. After years of experience I can say: really holidays begin after 2 weeks... :)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

zlosynus wrote:Is it just me who things that the graphics is getting worse and worse by every release? The reason is that everything just looks the same and it is very hard to orient in it. In my factory, I just see a lot of gray things, all of which are looking the same :(.
You are not alone in that.
Thanks for supporting my opinion, that it would be nice to have the old high-contrast graphics available as a texture pack. :)

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

MF- wrote:
Thanks for supporting my opinion, that it would be nice to have the old high-contrast graphics available as a texture pack. :)
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=1184
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We found out, that the 32bit windows update package 0.5.3 - > 0.6.0 was corrupted, it is fixed now.

Cerus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cerus »

MF- wrote:
Odd, I don't have that problem at all, I actually found the high contrast irritating.

Options are good though, I was thinking it might be neat if there was a mode you could swap into that replaced the graphics with abstract iconography and flow lines. You could even take it a step farther and have this mode spit out some diagnostic information on production lines, like have the system take averages of the output of a collection of furnaces and the consumption (current, average, optimal) of a group of assemblers.

Return to “Releases”