big saves

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

big saves

Post by slpwnd »

So one of the main topics for 0.6.0 are speed optimizations. We have done quite a few improvements already. The existing factories we have used for testing so far are running more or less smooth on the most optimized release. Therefore we would like to test further on some really big factories, where game update takes a lot of time. So if you think you have a really massive factory with a lot of object then please consider uploading it somewhere and sharing it here with us. Thank you.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: big saves

Post by drs9999 »

Not sure what you define as big, but there you go:
example.zip
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 307 times
On my laptop it runs with <40UPS and <10FPS :D

Also I used mods but the script-update took less than 2%

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

So I found another bug that crashed the game when I was loading the game without all the mods, will be fixed (but probably in 0.6.0).
We will also put some info about entities/items removed because some mod is missing.

Anyway, the save is quite nice (biggest update I saw), interesting, that you limited the height of the map :)

Good news is, that in the dev version (0.6 preparations with optimisations) it runs on 60FPS (even when I got all the mods you have) on my computer but with not so big reserve, so this map is good for optimising.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

kovarex wrote:Anyway, the save is quite nice (biggest update I saw), interesting, that you limited the height of the map :)
Thx, yeah when I play on a normal map I always have the feeling that I can miss some ore deposits this way the chance is nearly zero :D
But the downside is there are lakes at +/- 1k which covers the whole height of the map, so you are not able to cross them in vanilla-factorio ;)

grobyc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by grobyc »

I just search something on forum and found this missed subject and I decide share my 3 factories:

map_5 - (332 MB) - factory 50%/50% belt transport/logistics bots. Big solar/accumulator power supply. U can see how annoying is when U like when u have set 2 min autosave...

map_6 - (228 MB) - factory build almost only on logistic robots - great for check how fast robots stack to tasks known as Logistics System Question. Sun or Coal power supply, just connect/disconnect by one pole +accumulators. On left map edge you can see how aliens start stack till you close to them (normal case in very advance game time).

map_7 - (115 MB) - factory set on almost non robots (only main materials and character request) and very high coal power consumption over 210kW with no accumulators. Big area covered by radars, too big because radars refresh map very slow.

Different idea's for creating factory.

File with 3 maps and 2 mods:
- UltraBelt (for better belts with are use on corners and belts conections) without it factories stop
- F-mod cute version with all due respect to ficolas the creator of the mod (use only 2 items from to get alien artifact because fight for them is boring) without it map_6 can crash and map_7 will crash.

Bon appetit:
grobyc.rar

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

I run out of "account" memory in school computer. so I almost made bug report and uploaded the savefile for nothing.
So here it is autosave3.zip.
Its vanilla save. Only scenario-pack was active during playing.
Unpacked size 28,1 mb and gametime 19:28:00
The base has ~100 miners, ~100 electric furnace, ~350 lasers, 6 radars, 40 engines, ~500 solars and 1.3k accumulators. 30 labs are waiting for alien artifacts.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Return to “Show your Creations”