Version 0.3.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.3.0

Post by kovarex »

We just released the version 0.3.0
This release is focused mainly on mod support, extension of scripting and internal cleanup of our code.
We were also working on replacing some of the sample graphics.
The graphics is still not final version, as our graphic is now going to concentrate on overall graphics design now.

Features:
  • Added walls. (Walls are made from stone bricks, these are created from stone in the furnace.)
  • Game updates are using timer event. The program keeps 60 game updates even with FPS < 60 or FPS > 60. The "catchup rate" is configurable. When the FPS drops very low this stops having the effect.
  • Storing console history in the player data.
Graphics:
  • New tree graphics (8 dry trees 12 big trees)
  • New inserter graphics
  • New laser turret and gun turret graphics
  • Bullet particles for gun turret
  • New solar panel graphics
  • Lighter stone furnace graphics
  • New logistic robot graphics
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed crash when restarting the game with technology gui opened.
  • Fixed crafting queue properties when saved during crafting.
  • Fixed laser turret not consuming energy in idle state.
  • Splitter has maximum memory of 5 items when forced to send items on one side because the other one is blocked. This means that when left is block for a long time, and then both are free, the right will get mostly 5 items before it is splitted 1:1 again.
  • Fixed that the electric pole has the same orientation all the time (regardless connections)
Gui:
  • Removed the text length limit from the input console.
  • Wrapping of the console text in the game.
Modding: (These changes are not compatible with the old mods! We will post documentation update on the wiki soon)
  • Mods are self sustainable folders now. They contain the prototype definitions, graphics, sounds, locale, scenarios or campaigns.
  • Mods Gui in the game to enable / disable mods and change their ordering.
  • The default game contents is treated as a mod (called base).
  • Prototype definitions are generated by Lua scripts (no json anymore). Mods can manipulate the definitions from previous mods.
  • Mods can have control.lua script that supplements / changes the behavior of the default scenario script.
  • Multiple running scripts (from the mods) can communicate with each other using interfaces.
  • General furnace energy source specification in json (so it can be electric)
  • Started to use the name of the recipe, this allows different recipes for the same product. Having different recipes for the same product for player crafting is not tested (regarding the auto crafting)
  • Translation files are merged properly.
  • Default english fallback for translations.
Scripting: (Exact scripting changes will be documented on the wiki soon.)
  • Simple way to add gui elements using script.
  • Divided the player and its character, some functions that are not directly connected with the charater (goal description, printing etc) are accessible from the player object, the rest from the charater. The access to character is game.player.character
  • The migration script runs before the control.lua is loaded and can be used to reload scripts from the original scenario this is used to solve the issue of incompatibile scripts in the save game.
  • Merged onunitdied and onplayerdied to onentitydied
  • Check for positive addition in the LuaInventory::insert method
  • Added LuaInventory::remove method
  • Added LuaInventory::getcontents method
  • Simplier access to player from game object (game.player instead of game.getplayer())
  • Added LuaRecipe::reload method
  • Added force parameter in createentity so player can specify the owner of the created entity (was always enemy now)
  • Added way to change force of entity and damage entity (damaging is different then sethealth).
  • Position doesn't need to be in format {x = 34, y = 7}, the format {34 ,7} works as well, the same with bounding box.
  • Added simple interface for the Freeplay that allows manipulating the attacks from mod scripts.
  • Scripts receive only events they have subscribed to.
  • Scripts can emit their own events (for instance Freeplay emits an event whenever it starts the attack).
Downloadable on http://www.factorio.com as experimental.

Toma
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.3.0

Post by Toma »

Not many new features but still awesome :)

Oh and did I miss it in the patch notes, or did you not mention that turrets are now taking up 2x1 spaces?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, gun turrets are 2x1, laser turrets are 1x1.

Toma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toma »

kovarex wrote:Yes, gun turrets are 2x1, laser turrets are 1x1.
They werent before though, so I thought its something that should be in the patch notes =)

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Toma wrote:Not many new features but still awesome :)

Oh and did I miss it in the patch notes, or did you not mention that turrets are now taking up 2x1 spaces?
NOT MANY FEATURES!!!
this update is awesome!!
Also plz documentation about the new modding stuff because idk how to use most of the things :)

Toma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toma »

ficolas wrote:

NOT MANY FEATURES!!!
this update is awesome!!
Also plz documentation about the new modding stuff because idk how to use most of the things :)
Well, yeah? 3 features according to the patch notes, so its not much. Besides, I also said its an awesome update. I really need to dig into the modding and scripting here as well.

Baldri
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baldri »

Most graphical changes looking great. Especially the old inserters are now looking like um... placeholders :mrgreen:. Good job! Also I like the new stone bricks a lot. However, i do not like the new trees. They are looking like the Earth ones and almost comiclike as well. Imo the old trees had that extraterrestrian touch i expect on a foreign planet.

Toma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toma »

Baldri wrote:Most graphical changes looking great. Especially the old inserters are now looking like um... placeholders :mrgreen:. Good job! Also I like the new stone bricks a lot. However, i do not like the new trees. They are looking like the Earth ones and almost comiclike as well. Imo the old trees had that extraterrestrian touch i expect on a foreign planet.
Cant you just copy the old graphics files into the new version?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Agreed on the trees. The liked how the uniform mass of the old trees created forests.
The new trees are.. only separate trees spread in a non-natural fashion, not a forest

Old inserters looked simple, but I didn't mind. It was trivial to tell them apart. (I haven't really looked on the new)

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Toma wrote:
ficolas wrote:

NOT MANY FEATURES!!!
this update is awesome!!
Well, yeah? 3 features according to the patch notes, so its not much. Besides, I also said its an awesome update. I really need to dig into the modding and scripting here as well.
Modding features are also features...
not only 3...

Toma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toma »

ficolas wrote:Modding features are also features...
not only 3...
Please take a look at the patch notes which has a category "Features", which refers to the immediate ingame features. This category contains 3 items. Why am I even arguing with you? lol. I am glad for the enhanced modding and scripting capabilities as well. =)

quinantine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by quinantine »

I can not launch it. Running windows vista.
Here is the error i got.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

quinantine wrote:I can not launch it. Running windows vista.
Here is the error i got.
Already reported and hunted down. Refer to https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=7&t=632 for solution.

quinantine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by quinantine »

Wrong location to have posted that, my apologies.

APXEOLOG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by APXEOLOG »

I LOVE YOU GUYS YOU'R BEST!

evene
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by evene »

Edit : wrong place

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Awesome, I love the new inserter sprites!
The new tree sprites looks good, but but in a forest... not so much :/

Barg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Barg »

love the new art and the oldschool style your graphic artist is a boss keep it up :D

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andzoak »

MF- wrote:
quinantine wrote:I can not launch it. Running windows vista.
Here is the error i got.
Already reported and hunted down. Refer to https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=7&t=632 for solution.
There was resolved problem with missing character in local files, not that one.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Will you change the filter images for the ranks in the forum to be the new inserters ??

Return to “Releases”