Realtime Clock / Timer to pause game / On Screen Display which displays current system-time

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: In-Game System Clock display

Post by bobingabout »

I've actually had a few people complain about my clock mod before, because it doesn't show the system time.
They wonder what time it shows and what it's purpose is if it doesn't show the system time. And I can understand that.
Note: It shows the game's day/night cycle in a 24 hour clock format.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

PumaRango
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Show actual time ingame

Post by PumaRango »

TL;DR:

I think it would be if there would be a grafix option to show/hide the real time/actual time/ system clock (don't know what's the correct in the game.

What?

Everytime I play the game I forget the time. According to that it would help me if there was an option to show or hide a clock on the screen.

Why?

Everytime I play I don't realize that it's already past midnight because I have no clock to look at.

I hope it's understandable what I mean.

Thanks for your work and time.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: In-Game System Clock display

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Realtime Clock / Timer to pause game / On Screen Display which displays current system-time

Post by Oktokolo »

With Factorio's inofficial name beeing Cracktorio, i can understand, why people want a clock showing meatspace time in the hud of Factorio.
But i doubt, that it would actually help preventing sleep deprivation and missing your shedules. Better use your wrist watch or smartphone to set a timer pulling your consciousness actively out of the game back into the meatspace when the set playtime ends. Also use the snooze function to remind you about the existance of meatspace after ignoring the first few alerts.
If that does not work, you need to have real people to help you exit the game...

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Realtime Clock / Timer to pause game / On Screen Display which displays current system-time

Post by Jap2.0 »

Oktokolo wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:43 am
With Factorio's inofficial name beeing Cracktorio, i can understand, why people want a clock showing meatspace time in the hud of Factorio.
But i doubt, that it would actually help preventing sleep deprivation and missing your shedules. Better use your wrist watch or smartphone to set a timer pulling your consciousness actively out of the game back into the meatspace when the set playtime ends. Also use the snooze function to remind you about the existance of meatspace after ignoring the first few alerts.
If that does not work, you need to have real people to help you exit the game...
I can confirm. A few weeks ago I was playing a lot of the battle for wesnoth, which does actually have an in-game clock, but it did not prevent sleep deprivation.
(In case you haven't guessed, I liked it. It's turn-based strategy, so it won't cater to quite the same audience as Factorio, but I played quite a bit of it in just a few days.)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”