Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Therenas wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:09 pm
Also, on a more aesthetic note, I find it quite annoying that in the 'Intermediate products' crafting tab, there are some items at the top, then a wall of barreling and unbarreling recipes, and then some items at the bottom. It's kinda annoying to always have to scroll past the barrel stuff to get to those. I don't know if you can or want to to anything about this, but it would be great if all the recipes could be at the top or if the barreling stuff would simply be in it's own tab or something. Just a thought, thanks for the great mods.
not my mod..it´s factorio.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Therenas »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm
Therenas wrote:
Also, on a more aesthetic note, I find it quite annoying that in the 'Intermediate products' crafting tab, there are some items at the top, then a wall of barreling and unbarreling recipes, and then some items at the bottom. It's kinda annoying to always have to scroll past the barrel stuff to get to those. I don't know if you can or want to to anything about this, but it would be great if all the recipes could be at the top or if the barreling stuff would simply be in it's own tab or something. Just a thought, thanks for the great mods.
Oh so you can't change anything about that? I suspected as much, that's a bummer, but oh well!

super_aardvark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by super_aardvark »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:38 pm
Unless I'm missing something the research trap is way worse than that. I don't think I can even build the building that produces pressurized air until the "Diamond 3" tech, which is forever away. I spent precious green science points on Filtration, etc in hopes of getting more coal gas for more aluminum mining. Aluminum is my bottleneck right now.
Well that's just mean-spirited. It's like Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown to kick, and pulling it away at the last second every time. I enjoy being challenged, but I'm not interested in being fucked with.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

i just noticed that the way to make hydroxide of sodium is with saline water

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Therenas wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm
Therenas wrote:
Oh so you can't change anything about that? I suspected as much, that's a bummer, but oh well!
I'd have to take a look at the actual code for factorio but I'm pretty sure it can be changed

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

Hey guys, have you ever met some bugs when using 'Helmod' and 'Recipe Explore' as I did..?

In 'Helmod', I've tried to calculate the production of coal, which produce directly from coal field, and the errors occured:

Error while running event helmod::on_gui_click (ID 1)

Gui element with name cell_coal already present in the parent element. stack traceback:
__helmod__/core/ElementGui.lua:842: in function 'addGuiTable'
__helmod__/core/ElementGui.lua:856: in function 'addCell'
__helmod__/core/ElementGui.lua:977: in function 'addCellElement'
__helmod__/tab/ProductionBlockTab.lua:396: in function 'addTableRow'
__helmod__/tab/ProductionBlockTab.lua:256: in function 'updateData'
__helmod__/tab/MainTab.lua:644: in function 'update'
__helmod__/core/MainPanel.lua:205: in function 'refreshDisplayData'
__helmod__/selector/AbstractSelector.lua:259: in function 'onEvent'
__helmod__/dialog/Dialog.lua:166: in function 'sendEvent'
__helmod__/controller/Controller.lua:294: in function 'sendEvent'
__helmod__/controller/Controller.lua:266: in function <__helmod__/controller/Controller.lua:202>
[C]: in function 'pcall'
__helmod__/controller/Controller.lua:202: in function 'parseEvent'
__helmod__/controller/Controller.lua:188: in function 'onGuiClick'
__helmod__/core/Event.lua:195: in function <__helmod__/core/Event.lua:186>

I don't sure if this is a Helmod bug, since the other recipes are all work fine. Then I met the errors occured when I was using 'Recipe Explorer' on checking Pyrite, it showed:

Error while running event RecExplo::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Gui element with name
ingredient_table_thickened-coal-fines already present in the parent element.
stack traceback:
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:550: in function 'draw_ingredient'
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:552: in function 'draw_recipe'
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:390: in function 'create_all_recipes'
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:363: in function 'create_all_recipes_container'
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:341: in function 'create_results'
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:336: in function 'update_results'
RecExplo/lua/explo_gui.lua:69: in function 'update'
RecExplo/lua/events.lua:50:in function <RecExplo/lua/events.lua:21>

I will post all these error information to both mod authors, but hey Pyanodon, you may need to check the codes, in case of any more bugs show up..

Meow..!

(BTW, this is not a specific example. I already receive SUCH error report of above recipes from our Chinese Factorian community, you see, perhaps disengage with these two mods is one available option, but without quantization and recipe support, the real-game experience will become a series of torture..)
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:29 pm
Ronin wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Hello Pyanodon,

I have discovered another deadlock in Carbon Aerogel where it requires High Grade Quartz.

The Carbon Aerogel is a necessary component to the creation of Nanoelectromechanical Systems which is used to create the High Tech science packs.

The High Grade Quartz is unlocked in Quartz Ore Processing 04, which requires the High Tech science packs.
Thank you...confirmed and fixed. Will come in the next release.
Pyanodon,

I have to laugh at this. Carbon Aerogel is still deadlocked. Props on making High Grade Quartz unlocked in Quartz Ore Processing 03, but the ingredient to make
High Grade Quartz, the High Grade Quartz pulp is not available until Quartz Ore Processing 04 has been researched. :mrgreen:

How about we alter the Carbon Aerogel recipe to use Purified Quartz which is available at this level then the High Grade Quartz can go back under Quartz Ore Processing 04? Otherwise you will have to also move the pulp to the lower tier as well and keep the ability to utilize it on tier 4 research. If you change the Carbon Aerogel formula then this current map is viable. If you move technologies down, they are only unlocked when you research that technology. If it has already been researched, then the technology stays locked and unselectable in the crafting menus. Then you wind up dumping another 100+ hour map on a restart.

This is an extremely complex mod. I am impressed that there have been so few deadlock issues.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

i would update the mod today, but the mod portal is returning me an error when i try to upload a new version.... :oops:

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 pm
i would update the mod today, but the mod portal is returning me an error when i try to upload a new version.... :oops:
U need to tell tpo devs about errors on mod portal - who knows may be they are preraning for 0.17 releasing at this winter nad mod portal will have some changes too
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

When new version will be available?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 pm
When new version will be available?
read the forum. Its ready, but i cant upload.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Sorry i just asked about problem with uploading on mod portal

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Finally was released!
pY Coal processing mod

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lorash »

If I start a new game, pressured air is on Coal Processing 1, but if I load my save that uses the previous version of the PyMods, it's still on semiconductor doping.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 pm
Finally was released!
hey pyanodon, why did you get a error on the portal page when trying to update ?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

chrisdec wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 am
hey pyanodon, why did you get a error on the portal page when trying to update ?
Something with the changelog file we think.
pY Coal processing mod

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

after the update i have problems with mining tin, i switched a liquid from water to steam, replaced all my miners, but miners keep shutting down with 199 steam displayed in them.
I tried placing pump to get more steam in them and keep them full, that did help for some time, but sporadically miners keep stopping, and the only way for me to kickstart the mining again is to replace a pump, which is annoying.

I guess the problem is in that a miner can hold exactly maximum 200 liquid - with a single mining operation of tin requiring 20 steam, a miner must first be completely full of steam (199.9 wont cut it) to start a mining cycle.
So i sincerely ask to make tin require something lower than exactly 20 steam, 18-19 would make things much less buggy and more convenient

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

Arfarazon wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 am
after the update i have problems with mining tin, i switched a liquid from water to steam, replaced all my miners, but miners keep shutting down with 199 steam displayed in them.
I tried placing pump to get more steam in them and keep them full, that did help for some time, but sporadically miners keep stopping, and the only way for me to kickstart the mining again is to replace a pump, which is annoying.

I guess the problem is in that a miner can hold exactly maximum 200 liquid - with a single mining operation of tin requiring 20 steam, a miner must first be completely full of steam (199.9 wont cut it) to start a mining cycle.
So i sincerely ask to make tin require something lower than exactly 20 steam, 18-19 would make things much less buggy and more convenient
Something that worked for me was to put a pump before the intake to the miners. Then they seem to top off fairly nicely.

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lorash »

Arfarazon wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 am
In that case you would simply see idle miners having 17.9-18.9 steam in them.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

right.. i will run some tests here.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”