Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Airat9000 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:10 pm
why date release in mods?
in ENGLISH PLS

if you mean a release date it is unknown (atm i suppose its in 1-2weeks or less)
if you meant the date past mods were released that is on the mod portal

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Screw migration, just release would be good. BTW migration can be probably done later and first version will probably have bugs and balance issues. Anything can be found when dozens of people start playing.

Serega Sunset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Serega Sunset »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:12 pm
and we doesnt have any will to deal with military content. But its a tradition to change science packs.

Dont worry, wont be huge as the others. Just few additions
It's all part of the game. It's strange to change everything except the military. But this is your decision

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

Military only really affects against biters, which have limited relevance in this mod.
It's better to think of it as a military "themed" science, like how red is alien life based. Blue is electronics based, etc.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Good news! The mod is playable. But to fully enjoy it, you all should update your pymods. Specially pyCP and pyFE. We will release updates for the whole suite to have integration with the pyRO.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:40 pm
Good news! The mod is playable. But to fully enjoy it, you all should update your pymods. Specially pyCP and pyFE. We will release updates for the whole suite to have integration with the pyRO.
Of course u'll release updates for whole suite bcuz u said that u need to make them compatible with each other :D
Thanks for news Nexela and pyanodon let's wait :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Wow PYRO is ready :)
But for i can't see anything new on mod portal - so we can expect updates from day to day?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:35 pm
But for i can't see anything new on mod portal - so we can expect updates from day to day?
ahaha running doesnt means it was released. that only means it loads and causes no bugs in the game. Still some code polishing, graphics compression and adjustments from Nexela. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:45 pm
Mella wrote:
ahaha running doesnt means it was released. that only means it loads and causes no bugs in the game. Still some code polishing, graphics compression and adjustments from Nexela. ;)
Also means I started working on Bob compatibility.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:12 am
pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:45 pm
Mella wrote:
Also means I started working on Bob compatibility.
What means you're working under compatibility? As i know py mod can work with vanilla and wit bob's
Can't fully understand the goal of this compatibilty

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am
What means you're working under compatibility? As i know py mod can work with vanilla and wit bob's
Can't fully understand the goal of this compatibilty
Wont be anymore. At least on our side here. Since pyRO will produce and use almost the same bobs ores, we decide to not be compatible anymore...we are independent of bobs now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Make a mod compatible with other main mods from the base is a very demanding job that both me and nexela doesnt have time to dedicate on it. We prefer work over our mods.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Interesting idea pyanodon, such laudable pursuit of independence :) I wish you to grow higher

spitfire_23
Inserter
Inserter

Post by spitfire_23 »

@kingarthur do you have a sense for which Bob's mods are made the most redundant by PyRO? Like maybe we should skip Bob's Ores and Bob's Plates but keep the rest?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

spitfire_23 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:48 pm
@kingarthur do you have a sense for which Bob's mods are made the most redundant by PyRO? Like maybe we should skip Bob's Ores and Bob's Plates but keep the rest?
I've most focused on fixing duplicates between pyro and Bob ore/plates. So far the big one is Bob's ores is mostly replaced by pyro. There are a few ores it doesnt have. And Bob's plates has a number of redundant recipes for smelting that are far easier than pyro. I haven't yet look into only having parts of Bob's enabled as the other pymods will need updated for that.

I have a better idea in a few days when I've got more time to look at it all over the weekend

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

heh...again bobs will make pymods easier. I bet some recipes of pyro will be very retundant near bobs.
pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
heh...again bobs will make pymods easier. I bet some recipes of pyro will be very retundant near bobs.
Probably but I'm going to aggressively remove any recipes that dont have a good reason to stay starting with Bob's cheap ass steel recipe

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm
I've most focused on fixing duplicates between pyro and Bob ore/plates. So far the big one is Bob's ores is mostly replaced by pyro. There are a few ores it doesnt have. And Bob's plates has a number of redundant recipes for smelting that are far easier than pyro. I haven't yet look into only having parts of Bob's enabled as the other pymods will need updated for that.

I have a better idea in a few days when I've got more time to look at it all over the weekend
You can already make most of partial bob's mods (assemblers, logistics, mining, modules) compatible with Py by just changing the line that checks for Bob's Library (if mods["boblibrary"] then -> if false then). Bob's electronics might not work though, but I find it doesn't add that much on top of PyHT anyways.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I was telling everyone that bob mods made Pymods PISS EASY! Confirmed by pyanodon himself!
I even made production line comparisons and bobs line was 3x shorter and simpler.

Vanilla (piss easy) -> Bob's mods (yeah now we're talking) -> Angel Bob (hol' up what the f@#$?) -> Pure pymods (uhhhhh hmm, we need to go back!)

mikes61293
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikes61293 »

Are we close to a release? I'm itching to play with the full Py suite.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

mikes61293 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:51 pm
Are we close to a release? I'm itching to play with the full Py suite.
same here i already prepared a bootstrap on a map and saved some ucoins

Return to “PyMods”