Doubt about train stations

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Redstone_Tesla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Doubt about train stations

Post by Redstone_Tesla »

friends,

I designed a defensive perimeter made with wall sessions (a mixture of ballistic, flaming towers, artillery and building robots).

Each session has space for a train station, which will supply this part with ammunition and spare parts.

My question is: Should I make each station with a name and manually administrate the schedules of the trains? Or should I program a trigger to turn the stations on / off? Or another way I did not think?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Doubt about train stations

Post by Jap2.0 »

Make them all have the same name and then disable the station while it has enough supplies. It should be a fairly simple circuit trigger, but let us know if you run into any problems and want help.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Redstone_Tesla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Redstone_Tesla »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:05 am
Make them all have the same name and then disable the station while it has enough supplies. It should be a fairly simple circuit trigger, but let us know if you run into any problems and want help.
Thank you! I'll try.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

And, May I also suggest expanding on your design:

Also include a roboport in each section, but make sure the logistic square doesn't connect with any other roboport. You want a separate logistic zone.

Then, have your train also delivery a few (3?) construction bots, and a few repair tools (3?). This way, you have fully automated repair to your walls, and turrets, etc

I found this approach to be the best automated repair, so you dont have robots flying from one side of your base to the other (crossing unsecured areas and getting killed), to repair a wall. (or having to repair everything manually by hand).

This approach will work all the way out to your distant outposts, keeping everything repaired, and without losing bots or taking up your time.

Cheers,

Return to “Gameplay Help”