Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by tehfreek »

angelssmelting unconditionally overrides the cheaper steel option in bobplates. Patch to fix (not fully tested):

Code: Select all

--- prototypes/smelting-override-global.lua.orig	2018-10-28 06:51:11.733547101 -0400
+++ prototypes/smelting-override-global.lua	2018-10-28 06:48:34.183077490 -0400
@@ -132,7 +132,9 @@
 		angelsmods.functions.OV.global_replace_icon("__bobelectronics__/graphics/icons/gilded-copper-cable.png", "__angelssmelting__/graphics/icons/wire-gold.png")
 		angelsmods.functions.OV.global_replace_icon("__bobelectronics__/graphics/icons/solder.png", "__angelssmelting__/graphics/icons/solder.png")
 	end
+	if not settings.startup["bobmods-plates-cheapersteel"] and not settings.startup["bobmods-plates-cheapersteel"].value then
 		OV.patch_recipes({
 			{ name = "steel-plate", ingredients = {{ "iron-plate", 8}} }
 		})
+	end
 end

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

tehfreek wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 am
angelssmelting unconditionally overrides the cheaper steel option in bobplates. Patch to fix (not fully tested):
That's intentional design.

Angel's Metallurgy is supposed to provide greater yields for resources mid-late game and cheaper steel undermines that significantly from the very beginning. It was rightfully decided by the community that it should be disabled to fit the natural progression curve and design philosophy.

NightOps
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Foraging problem

Post by NightOps »

Foraging for cellulose causes "not enough ingredients" to show up when ever I'm trying to craft things, but lack the required amount of cellulose needed. Yet it does not show on the materials cost that I need cellulose because of the infinite hand crafting. Since the hand craft recipe is there to have a fuel available in seablock, I would recommend replacing it with an independent item such as 'forage for drift wood' to be used as fuel and have no further recipe chain for said 'drift wood'.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

in seablocks you need it also for your fist co2.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, the ratio of iron to steel plates for the same amount of iron ore and/or ingots seems to vary in Angel's from 8 to 4 (depending of the respective techs, with iron having a "one tech level" lead on steel).
If you wanted to make Bob's "cheaper steel" option to do something, you probably should change *all* these recipes...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

coderpatsy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by coderpatsy »

Toluene has no void recipe. Is this intended?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

coderpatsy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:21 pm
Toluene has no void recipe. Is this intended?
Added :)

coderpatsy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by coderpatsy »

Awesome. I made my own local mod in the meanwhile, cause I'm not recalculating my plastic production. :P

templar4522
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by templar4522 »

it's probably been already asked, but it seems that I can't nail the search keywords showing the answer...

how do I get the animals that appear in bioprocessing? puffers, fish, etc.?
The recipes to breed them always require some animal as a starter. So I assume I should be able to find it when exploring, like the trees and
gardens, but that is not what is happening. Is there some mod dependency I am missing?

Also, does the meat have the same effect as the vanilla fish, as in healing the player?

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

templar4522 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm
The recipes to breed them always require some animal as a starter. So I assume I should be able to find it when exploring, like the trees and
gardens, but that is not what is happening. Is there some mod dependency I am missing?
Puffer eggs are found in puffer nests, which show up as green squares in the map. You then hatch them for puffers and breed and puff those. Fish are mined from the water, same as vanilla fish. They supposedly should show up in new chunks if the mod has been enabled on an existing save, but starting with the mod is the most reliable way to get them in the game.
templar4522 wrote:
Also, does the meat have the same effect as the vanilla fish, as in healing the player?
Hovering over the meat shows -80 damage, i.e. they heal 80 health.

templar4522
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by templar4522 »

tehfreek wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:11 am
templar4522 wrote:
Puffer eggs are found in puffer nests, which show up as green squares in the map. You then hatch them for puffers and breed and puff those. Fish are mined from the water, same as vanilla fish. They supposedly should show up in new chunks if the mod has been enabled on an existing save, but starting with the mod is the most reliable way to get them in the game.
I did start with the mod enabled, but I haven't found any animal. The only green squares on the map are gardens.
I have all the standard Angel's mods enabled, apart from infinite ores, but I do have some Bob mods disabled, namely bob enemies seems to be an optional dependency of bioprocessing, maybe it's this one that is preventing the animal stuff from spawning... although I don't understand how it is related.
tehfreek wrote:
templar4522 wrote:
Hovering over the meat shows -80 damage, i.e. they heal 80 health.
Ha! I didn't notice that information on the regular fish either, good to know :D
Thanks!

EurypteriD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EurypteriD »

Hi Guys.

I have desync on my servers when Any of the angels mods is added.
viewtopic.php?f=209&t=63334

Any idea? I downloaded newest version of all. After adding one mod at the time i found out it was mainly the refining one causing it.
Let's Play Youtube Channel

GustavoBorela
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GustavoBorela »

Good afternoon, I think I found a bug with the current production of lime with Blast Furnace, the process does not finish the product, the green bar stops in the end and i don't recive the product, the machine simple stucks. I have been observing the process and whenever the amount of carbon dioxide in the machine's GUI reaches the value of 100 the process stops and comes back only when I break and reposition the machine or change the recipe, I am forwarding a print with the problem.

In order to try fix the problem I have alread chance the fuel in the Blast Furnace, I have tried with coal, coke, wood pallets, wood bricks and the result is the same.
Attachments
Blast Furnace Bug.png
Blast Furnace Bug.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 4946 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

GustavoBorela wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:26 pm
Good afternoon, I think I found a bug with the current production of lime with Blast Furnace, the process does not finish the product, the green bar stops in the end and i don't recive the product, the machine simple stucks. I have been observing the process and whenever the amount of carbon dioxide in the machine's GUI reaches the value of 100 the process stops and comes back only when I break and reposition the machine or change the recipe, I am forwarding a print with the problem.

In order to try fix the problem I have alread chance the fuel in the Blast Furnace, I have tried with coal, coke, wood pallets, wood bricks and the result is the same.
There is a gas that you are not taking out of it. It won't continue working until output is full.

GustavoBorela
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GustavoBorela »

There is a gas that you are not taking out of it. It won't continue working until output is full.
[/quote]

Jessus Christ I do not believe that I thought that carbon dioxide was part of the initial process and not a product, I'm very embarrassed with that mistake :o :o, well I think that was a signal to take a break in the game :)

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

tehfreek wrote:
btw there is a mod that allows you to re-calculate existing chunks which could help you find things.
(i forgot what it is called though, but ive seen it) :)

it excludes a large starting area so as not to muck up the main area, but just be sure to try it with a backup save just to play safe.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

jodokus31 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 pm
Yesterday, I setted up pretty much the same:
There is a 300 sec. recipe, which consumes 1 garden and returns 1 + 5% (or 1.05) gardens + 2 Exploration Tokens.
It was gated behind a research which uses red/green/bio science. Ok, i had to sacrifice some gardens to get the research.

I think, i'm on the latest version, but not exactly sure.
thats pretty much how my version at the time was :) (still is, i need to update lol) :D
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

GustavoBorela wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:06 pm
well I think that was a signal to take a break in the game :)
yeah, have a coke, (or a wood pellet) :)

dan96kid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dan96kid »

I've been playing around with an Angel's/Bob's/PyMods pack for a few days now. For reasons unknown I can't figure out what some of the powders are used for. The powders in question being iron, aluminium, copper, and steel. Both FNEI and What Is It Used For show the only use for them being disposed of in the Py Industries burner. Oh, and aluminium powder has no crafting recipe.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

they are not used in anything for anything. They just are.

Return to “Angels Mods”