[MOD 0.16] Upgrade planner

Topics and discussion about specific mods
zeroKev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Upgrade planner

Post by zeroKev »

I can't seem to figure out how to remove the Upgrade Planner inventory items/icons. I end up with a bunch of them that I can't delete.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Not sure if I should post it here or in general factorio bugreports but on our server, we occasionally get desyncs when I open up the upgrade planner config. Interestingly it looks like other people can use it just fine but something like one time in 4-5, when I do it people get desynced. Usually I personally don't get desynced and I think sometimes not all people besides me get desynced.

Anyway, here is the desync report and mods dir. At that time, both of us who were on server got desynced. I've not get desyncs when I've been the only person on server.
Warning, this world and modpacks are massive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Opdx ... hclqFgGeuX

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

hoho wrote:Not sure if I should post it here or in general factorio bugreports but on our server, we occasionally get desyncs when I open up the upgrade planner config. Interestingly it looks like other people can use it just fine but something like one time in 4-5, when I do it people get desynced. Usually I personally don't get desynced and I think sometimes not all people besides me get desynced.

Anyway, here is the desync report and mods dir. At that time, both of us who were on server got desynced. I've not get desyncs when I've been the only person on server.
Warning, this world and modpacks are massive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Opdx ... hclqFgGeuX

It seems you have a ton of mods, any of which could be interfering

Since there are no other desync reports about upgrade planner, I would say that it is another mod

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

On a few of my saves I’ve lost the icon in the top left corner, is there anyway to bring it back?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

spinba11 wrote:On a few of my saves I’ve lost the icon in the top left corner, is there anyway to bring it back?
CTRL + U or SHIFT + U

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Im able to upgrade stone brick paths to concrete in infinite amount - with 200 concrete in my inv I upgraded 500+ stone brick tiles

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Berkys32 wrote:Im able to upgrade stone brick paths to concrete in infinite amount - with 200 concrete in my inv I upgraded 500+ stone brick tiles
What version of the mod are you using?
I don't think this upgrade planner allows upgrading tiles

domi2612
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by domi2612 »

Hi, I'm getting crashes that are possibly related to upgrade planner, since I already described it in another thread I will just link to my post here.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

"Upgrade planner error - Entity to raise was not found"

Upgrading type 3 assembler to chemical plant. The type 3 assembler poofs away, but nothing replaces it.

As you can see in my inventory, I have both entity types in my storage.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

getting this error when trying to set any assembler in the gui:

edit: found the error. was my fault, I changed the gui from center to left and missed a value. So no error. But can confirm Dune's error. Upgrading from assembler 3 to chem plant poofs the assemblers away.
Attachments
ug-planner-error.jpg
ug-planner-error.jpg (63.17 KiB) Viewed 8152 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

i get this error if i upgrade miniloaders.
Some work, the next crash.

only yellow to red filter miniloader.
The first 6 work, the next 6 crash.

I upgraded the green marked first, and red ones second. The red crash. They are all filter miniloaders.
Other directions are fine.
miniloader.png
miniloader.png (511.54 KiB) Viewed 8116 times

Code: Select all

16101.971 Error MainLoop.cpp:1029: Exception at tick 13363168: Error while running event upgrade-planner::on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
Error while running event miniloader::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Index out of belt bounds.
stack traceback:
	__miniloader__/compat/upgradeplanner.lua:81: in function 'on_built_entity'
	__miniloader__/control.lua:111: in function 'handler'
	__miniloader__/lualib/event.lua:15: in function <__miniloader__/lualib/event.lua:13>
stack traceback:
	__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:809: in function 'player_upgrade'
	__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:585: in function 'on_selected_area'
	__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:562: in function <__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:561
Cu, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

A couple bugs upgrading items with the Advanced Solar mod.

Can't upgrade solar panels with the drag tool, but a blue print can be upgraded which saves me time manually replacing the panels in my third replacement (see video I'll link below.)

Also, during the drag replacement, if you watch the video a few minutes. I notice on the third drag replace that I'm getting free replacements of the elite accumulators, and don't get the replaced ones back, but I do get the vanilla solar panels.

The streamed video is 3+ hrs long, but the link jumps 2h43m into the video. Sorry, the voice coms didn't record loud enough to hear. I'm still new to streaming, and working on adjusting that.

https://youtu.be/1PqnSbDCTl4?t=2h43m1s

Gregori
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gregori »

zeroKev wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to remove the Upgrade Planner inventory items/icons. I end up with a bunch of them that I can't delete.
Same here. I thought the small remove button in the top right corner will remove the item like blueprints does, but it just reset the whole thing, which is kinda useless for me... :/

trollingwarfare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trollingwarfare »

Gregori wrote:
zeroKev wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to remove the Upgrade Planner inventory items/icons. I end up with a bunch of them that I can't delete.
Same here. I thought the small remove button in the top right corner will remove the item like blueprints does, but it just reset the whole thing, which is kinda useless for me... :/
I've made a pull request to his code to add a remove button to the menu because I'm an idiot and keep forgetting that I already have the item in my inventory.

Let's hope he approves it!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

A user of my "Deadlock's Compact Loaders" mod has reported an issue when using "Upgrade Planner" on my loaders. It's a similar problem that previously occurred with the mods "Nanobots" and also "Bluebuild". DCL runs some "snapping" code when an entity is built, to more intelligently align the loader with adjacent inventories and belts. When people use Upgrade Planner to instantly upgrade e.g. yellow loaders to red loaders, the mod raises a player build event (line 809 of control.lua), even though the loader already has a predetermined direction that has already been manually adjusted, kind of like a "live blueprint". This means that the snapping code is run again when it ideally shouldn't be, changing the input/output modes of some of the loaders some of the time.

Nanobots and Bluebuild, which do similar "magic insta-bots" things to Upgrade Planner, have both started using an extra flag in the event call: "revived = true". A few other mods (including mine) look out for this flag so they know that it's a quasi-bot-build event and not a real player build event. The vanilla game and other mods which don't care just ignore it, causing no issues.

If you replace line 809 in your control.lua:

script.raise_event(defines.events.on_built_entity,{player_index = player.index, created_entity = new_item, stack = player.cursor_stack})
with this:

script.raise_event(defines.events.on_built_entity,{player_index = player.index, created_entity = new_item, stack = player.cursor_stack, revived = true})
then the issue is solved.

Would you consider including this? Many thanks in advance.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

trollingwarfare wrote:
Gregori wrote:
I've made a pull request to his code to add a remove button to the menu because I'm an idiot and keep forgetting that I already have the item in my inventory.

Let's hope he approves it!
Put the extra item(s) in a chest and shoot it.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

I don't know if this is the place to talk about the changes coming for the 0.17 vanilla implementation of the Upgrade Planner. In the Friday Facts, it is shown to work off construction bots. At the moment, the current upgrade planner will work prior to the person having personal roboports and bots in their inventory. I do hope you keep that functionality, instead of requiring a person to have bots for it to work.

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

With the latest version of Sea Block, Upgrade planner can upgrade speed module 0 to speed module 1, but does not upgrade productivity module 0 to productivity module 1 either manually or using bots.

Siberius1er
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Siberius1er »

it's possible to create an option for upgrade all blueprint in a book ?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Siberius1er wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 am
it's possible to create an option for upgrade all blueprint in a book ?
It should work by just dropping the whole book into the blueprint upgrade slot

Return to “Mods”