Enable/disable provider chests from circuit network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Enable/disable provider chests from circuit network

Post by provet »

TL;DR
Enable and disable provider chests for greater control of logistics
What ?
I suggest the ability to torn on and off provider chests via the network, currently I can control the requester chest to request via the circuit network but I can't tell the requester chest not to request from a certain chest at a certain time. (I've yet to try buffer chests, will they provide the ability to do this?)

Why ?
Far greater control of which source to get items from.
It would enable the ability to setup the whole circuit network to control when and how to prioritize the logistics with robots.

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Enable/disable provider chests from circuit network

Post by c0bRa »

I would have the "read content"-button for all the networks.

Sometimes you want to read the content to add it into the logistic network.

background by me is that:
All my train stations have a SR-Latch for activate/deactivate, whick read the content in the logistic network (they are dedicated on every trainstop).

So Requesterchests don't send their content back into the network, and you can't use them for the station. Otherwise i can't use green f.e. in my smelter station, because steel also needs iron, and i want to priorize iron output to station right before the iron input for steel. but i also don't want to count the iron which is in the requesterchests/bufferchests for the steelproduction.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

c0bRa wrote:I would have the "read content"-button for all the networks.

Sometimes you want to read the content to add it into the logistic network.

background by me is that:
All my train stations have a SR-Latch for activate/deactivate, whick read the content in the logistic network (they are dedicated on every trainstop).

So Requesterchests don't send their content back into the network, and you can't use them for the station. Otherwise i can't use green f.e. in my smelter station, because steel also needs iron, and i want to priorize iron output to station right before the iron input for steel. but i also don't want to count the iron which is in the requesterchests/bufferchests for the steelproduction.
Read content is already a feature (not to disable/enable read content though)

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by c0bRa »

provet wrote:Read content is already a feature (not to disable/enable read content though)
No it isn't in the logstics network without wiring.

All but Requesterchests send their content back into the logistics network. Requesters doesn't.

in some circumstances you should be able to enable/disable that behavior, so that a bufferchest doesn't send their content back, or requester do send their content back to the logistic network in which they are...

Spaga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spaga »

Just wanted to pump this idea... Another really nice use for this, would be Bot based Requestor Stations.. You can activate and deactive provider chests to achieve Provider chest balancing... Very similiar to the provider station balancing where you activate an inserter based on the average of all the items / divide by the number of chests.. There are other ways to do this, but this way would be self correcting..

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”