https://mods.factorio.com/mod/xander-mod-v1 - another author

Any serious changes?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by eradicator »

Nope, no changes. The "other author" version (there's two or three) are reuploads of old version 1.5, while the original is currently 2.0. If you want to play an old version you can also simply download 1.5 from the original though.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all -

Only a brief word, unfortunately. Once again real life &tc. has ramped up, so I have had almost no time for Factorio. This message is simply to say that things might go this way for the next handful of weeks, so if you don't hear from me, I'm super busy, is all. Good because my work irl is interesting :), but also frustrating that I can't improve Xander Mod :x And all these lists are finally getting somewhere, too - auto-generating them from spreadsheets looks totally achievable.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D comportible in angel< bob> youki and pyadon mod to great great hardcore!

kennylives
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kennylives »

Great mod, I love the realism aspect of it.

Can the game be played to completion with the current version?
I'm hooked but I don't want to spend 100 hours to find out that I can't complete it due to a broken recipe!

Thanks.

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

Just started playing this mod last night, I like it so far. I am guessing you like to hear suggestions or questions, so I just had a thought; Burner miners require a chemical furnace to build, but cannot use coal coke as fuel. I would suggest allowing coal coke as a fuel, or changing the recipe to use a regular stone furnace if you do not want coal coke to be used as a fuel.

I haven't gotten really far yet but it's entertaining :)

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

khadgarion wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm
Just started playing this mod last night, I like it so far. I am guessing you like to hear suggestions or questions, so I just had a thought; Burner miners require a chemical furnace to build, but cannot use coal coke as fuel. I would suggest allowing coal coke as a fuel, or changing the recipe to use a regular stone furnace if you do not want coal coke to be used as a fuel.

I'm highly biased, but I suggest installing https://mods.factorio.com/mod/th-xm-hotfix to resolve this and some other issues in the mod until repofme1 returns to updating the mod. :)
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

Therax wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm
khadgarion wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm highly biased, but I suggest installing https://mods.factorio.com/mod/th-xm-hotfix to resolve this and some other issues in the mod until repofme1 returns to updating the mod. :)
I'll do that :)

I've started getting into the next tier of stuff (electric powered assemblers and such) and I am still liking this mod a lot. Thanks for the hotfix ;)

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

I've been wanting to try this mod, but wondering if anyone has been able to do a complete run-through to the rocket launching stage without any problems. Like some others have said, I kind of don't want to get 100 hours or so into it to find out I can't complete it. I know about Therax's hotfix for the mod, but still wondering if anyone has been able to finish, even with that.

Thanks for your input.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

badtouchatr wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:06 am
I've been wanting to try this mod, but wondering if anyone has been able to do a complete run-through to the rocket launching stage without any problems. Like some others have said, I kind of don't want to get 100 hours or so into it to find out I can't complete it. I know about Therax's hotfix for the mod, but still wondering if anyone has been able to finish, even with that.

Thanks for your input.
I play solo, and my free time is limited, but I've nearly finished red/green/blue science, and gearing up for purple science. Just need to get hydrofluoric acid, aluminum, magnesium, alloy steel, and induction motors automated first. "Just." Then I'll finally be able to start Syngas production, and start thinking about semiconductors. :geek:

FWIW, I'm ~85 hours in, but I'm not the fastest player around by a long shot.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Thanks for the reply, Therax. Ok, so maybe I shouldn't worry about getting to the end game so much, but just having fun playing with a unique mod for the game. I've recently played a Bob's-only run, but just like vanilla, the end game is severely lacking (IMO).

So, I think I'll just download Xander and dive into it!

BTW, I'm not a very fast player either. I spend a lot of time planning and figuring out what I want to do. Especially with my Bob's run, I spent an awful amount of time in FNEI just seeing what's what. I have a feeling I'll be doing that again with Xander.

Again, thanks for your response.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

@badtouchatr:
And if you actually find something that blocks progression that miraculously nobody else has discovered yet: Just post it here and it'll probably be fixed within 24 hours :p.

For Xanders i find (construction-) robots a much better target than rockets as a "first big step". Took me and a friend about 100h in MP to get there.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:20 pm
@badtouchatr:
And if you actually find something that blocks progression that miraculously nobody else has discovered yet: Just post it here and it'll probably be fixed within 24 hours :p.

For Xanders i find (construction-) robots a much better target than rockets as a "first big step". Took me and a friend about 100h in MP to get there.
Good tip. Thanks, eradicator. Wow, 100 hours with help! This should be a long interesting playthrough for me then.

One thing I'm considering: I really LOVED using the "no vegetation" setting in Alien Biomes, and plan to do it again. But, wondering how I'll handle having no trees on the map. Of course, I could just spawn some in via console like I did with Bob's run. You know, just to get me started. A little cheating never hurt anyone, right? LOL

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

badtouchatr wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:33 pm
A little cheating never hurt anyone, right? LOL
No problem, just pack it up in a zip file and call it a "mod" and suddenly nobody is angry at you anymore. 8-)

Xander has wood production buildings, so as long as you get enough to get there it would be fine...but, as far as i remember xander requires quite a lot of wood to get there. Generating the start area with wood and then toggling off further tree gen ought to work fine though, and you still get to "enjoy" all the manual lumberjacking ;).

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

I've been using https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Lumberjack, since I believe that large scale deforestation was repofme1's intention. I did tweak the mod to increase the harvesting radius for each sawmill building and significantly increase the amount of wood cut from a single piece of raw wood as well.

At this point I have almost eliminated my dependency on wood. Just need to switch to concrete sleepers for rail and that'll be the last of it.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Therax wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 am
Just need to switch to concrete sleepers for rail and that'll be the last of it.
Default rails need wood? Maybe I will need to rethink my idea of cheating in wood then.

Ah, what the heck. I know a little Lua from when I created a mod for Farming Simulator. I should just write my own for this, as eradicator said.

:)

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by khadgarion »

Holy cow. I am now at the point where I need fast inserters...

Talk about a serious production chain! I had to write down a tree for the production of the etched fiberglass boards, it was quite confusing trying to figure it out until I had an idea of what I needed to make it all.

It's going to take a while for that infrastructure to get built :lol:

Still enjoying it though!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Therax wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 am
I've been using https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Lumberjack, since I believe that large scale deforestation was repofme1's intention.
Hows the performance on that? From a quick look at the code it does a find_entities_filtered on every operation cycle of the machine. I remember helping someone make his own wood cutting mod. @khadgarion: The thread is probably still worth reading if you want to go the "make your own" route.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:37 am
Hows the performance on that? From a quick look at the code it does a find_entities_filtered on every operation cycle of the machine. I remember helping someone make his own wood cutting mod. @khadgarion: The thread is probably still worth reading if you want to go the "make your own" route.
Quite crappy UPS wise. I ended up rewriting a large portion of it so that it does a find_entities_filtered to build a queue of trees to chop, and works its way through the queue before searching again. I keep meaning to publish my changes, but haven't yet.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Ok, just started on a new game with Xander mod. I also have Alien Biomes mod, and when I start the game, there are no terrain details (except cliffs). The ground all around starting area and beyond is just flat grey; no features, no grass, no tress, nothing. I tried it with different terrain settings, and finally with the default settings -- didn't change anything, just generated the map. Has anyone here played with both Xander and Alien Biomes who could give me some hints? Or is it just that these two mods won't work together?

Thanks for any help.

Return to “Mods”