(solved) [Bug] Attachments not showing up since update

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

(solved) [Bug] Attachments not showing up since update

Post by Artentus »

So since the forum update attachments in my thread viewtopic.php?f=137&t=33370 are bugged.

I can still add them just fine, however once I have sent the changes and then try to view them again in edit-mode they are just gone (although they still exist in the post itself).

This is how my post looks like:

And this is what I see in edit-mode:

Notice how the file for 1.6.0 is still showing up because it was added before the forum update happened.

This is a problem because as you can see I wanted to replace the latest version with 1.7.0pre2, however there is no way for me to remove the old 1.7.0pre1 file. So even though I have removed it inside the post it still exists and is being shown as attachment below.
I'm not sure what to do about this.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Bug] Attachments not showing up since update

Post by zOldBulldog »

Confirmed. The only way to submit multiple attachments now is one per post.

I seriously hope it is considered a bug, because if this were intentionally the "new design"... well, it is awful.

This has also been reported in other threads, by me and by others, but I have not yet seen any response even acknowledging that it is an issue.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Also, from another topic :
eradicator wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:37 pm
  • If i press "preview" on my post with two attachments uploaded, then one of the attachments is removed.
Koub wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 am
Double post but for another bug : the picture attachment system with inline placement is broken. Add 2 pictures, and hit preview when wtiting a post. One of them disappears. The other can't be removed any more. And I'm not the only one expériencing this : I've seen at least another complaint in another topic.
eradicator wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 pm
zOldBulldog wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:17 pm
The update seemed to break the ability to include multiple screenshot per post.
No multi-attachments are still broken in multiple ways:
  • when pressing preview attachments are deleted
  • when submitting without preview they're saved in the post but the [inline] references break
  • when editing a post old attachments are not shown correctly (and thus can't be removed)
  • when editing a post old attachments are duplicated after uploading additional attachments
and probably more...
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Thank you Koub. Excellent job of finding several of the problem reports.

To be honest, I noticed the issue the very first day of the new forums but at first I didn't see any mentions of it for days, so I assumed it was a fluke that affected only me. It was only recently that I started seeing others.

To help collect reports (or non reports that show people coping with the problem), here are a couple more:

- I think this was the first place where I noticed: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62437&start=20

- evopwr clearly also hit the problem in this one, notice his multiple posts in order to include several screenshots: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62475&start=20

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

The forum was updated to phpBB 3.2.3 which should fix any problems with missing attachments, please let me know if any problems persist.
ovo

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Thank you, the issue seems to be completely fixed for me.

Return to “This Forum”