Forum update to phpBB 3.2

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Today's forum skin update

Post by Alice3173 »

Koub wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:32 am
The funny thing is that I usually either let the zoom level as is, or zoom out (for always more content at once on my screen). I admit it's a 27" though, so writing is not too small. Would be trickier on a 24".
For me it depends entirely on the site. If it's a site where zooming in blows up padding to an absurd level or the site has a lot of images then I'll usually just make a custom stylesheet to increase the font size myself. These forums I'm zoomed in to 170% though.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

I already asked this earlier but it seems to have gotten lost in the pages...

Is there any way to change the 'unread' icons back to a red color?
The orange blends in too well with everything else. I want my red back. I'll even take CSS hacks at this point...

PS: Thanks for the wide version.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i have no problem with the new look, it looked fine before, it still looks good. thanks for all the hard work you all do!

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

I have no problem with the new look, and YAY! that there is a choice now for text width.
However, the following items bother me:

- Invisible browsing doesnt work anymore
- Marking forums as read doesnt work anymore, so "view new posts" - my favorite way of browsing- is broke

Does anyone have ideas how to fix these?
And thanks for all the work and a great game :)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

zOldBulldog wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:17 pm
The update seemed to break the ability to include multiple screenshot per post.
No multi-attachments are still broken in multiple ways:
  • when pressing preview attachments are deleted
  • when submitting without preview they're saved in the post but the [inline] references break
  • when editing a post old attachments are not shown correctly (and thus can't be removed)
  • when editing a post old attachments are duplicated after uploading additional attachments
and probably more...

While work on the forum is being done... is there a chance to get inline videos (mp4, mkv, anything)? Gifs are both a pain to create and to view and have shitty quality unless i make them 10 times larger than a video would be.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 pm
While work on the forum is being done... is there a chance to get inline videos (mp4, mkv, anything)? Gifs are both a pain to create and to view and have shitty quality unless i make them 10 times larger than a video would be.
I believe you can put inline mp4s in right now. On this same topic, can we get a list of allowed file extensions? It seems like the forum accepts very little other than zip, log, and a few common image extensions, which has, multiple times, lead to me having to zip files and not being able to upload them directly.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Your reaction when you realise it's been here for years:

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Klonan wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Any chance you could make it so that we don't have to have a horizontal scrollbar on that?

Edit: and there isn't even a scrollbar on quotes

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

My actual reaction:
I'd don't want to use a third-party hoster for that though because i'm allergic to link-rot (i.e. the forum needs to allow more file types in attachments). So you've thrown me into a misery having to decide between a shitty format and a shitty hoster. (And what about the mod portal :p?)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:12 pm
My actual reaction:
I'd don't want to use a third-party hoster for that though because i'm allergic to link-rot (i.e. the forum needs to allow more file types in attachments). So you've thrown me into a misery having to decide between a shitty format and a shitty hoster. (And what about the mod portal :p?)
When you realise you can also host them on the forum
Attachments
DaringFeminineDodo.webm
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 135 times

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:35 pm
My actual reaction:
When you realize that it still has scrollbars when you host it on the forum

No, not that.

Also, the filetype limitations are an issue.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

My actual reaction:
Bah. I'm certain uploading mp4 was forbidden before the update. Ofc i never tried webm after that...
Thanks for the tip. Now i just need to remember it until the next time i need it :P.

@Jap2.0:
I certainly prefer scrollbars to the old broken behavior where large pictures go "off the screen" instead of being resized like in-line pictures (you can always full-screen via right click menu for fullscreen videos). I'm not sure if css can rescale videos on-the-fly like pictures. But generally i'd say the example Klonan posted is just too big anyway not optimal forum size :P.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:43 pm
@Jap2.0:
I certainly prefer scrollbars to the old broken behavior where large pictures go "off the screen" instead of being resized like in-line pictures (you can always full-screen via right click menu for fullscreen videos). I'm not sure if css can rescale videos on-the-fly like pictures. But generally i'd say the example Klonan posted is just too big anyway not optimal forum size :P.
Yes, I certainly prefer it to them going off the screen, but it's still not a great viewing experience - I don't know if there's a way to resize them either, but I imagine there must be.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

My actual reaction:
Bah. I'm certain uploading mp4 was forbidden before the update. Ofc i never tried webm after that...
Thanks for the tip. Now i just need to remember it until the next time i need it :P.

@Jap2.0:
When you come back to this thread 5 mins later and I have fixed the scrollbars:

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 pm

My actual reaction:

@Jap2.0:
When the surprise is actually welcome:

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:58 pm
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 pm

My actual reaction:

@Jap2.0:
When the surprise is actually welcome:
When i come back 12 hours later and see Klonan say that he personally fixes the forum:

ThorsDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ThorsDragon »

This GUI is a lot nicer- I actually like looking at the forum now, whereas previously, it was very busy. And the login function is smoother!!! Now I can immediately go back to where I was after logging in, instead of having to go back to the link that I used to get here. Very Nice!! :D

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Just found another bug: The update broken [ code ] tags inside spoilers, which i used in an old modding help topic.
Also it would be nice to know if there's any progress on the "image attachment situation".

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 pm
Just found another bug: The update broken [ code ] tags inside spoilers, which i used in an old modding help topic.
Also it would be nice to know if there's any progress on the "image attachment situation".
It looks like most things inside spoilers are broken. Also, images might be fixed? (ref)

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Loewchen wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:44 pm
Test result: Meh :P

Return to β€œThis Forum”