[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

awm23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by awm23 »

ukezi wrote: did you try the electrical chemical furnace?
Nope, at that point i haven't researched them yet, but i have just checked and yeah, there is a recipe. Odd thing.
coderpatsy wrote:Cobalt ore needs to be checked in mod settings if you want to get it that way. Dunno if that's intended.
I did not check any of them, instead i checked that one on the pic. Is cobalt ore so special and require two configs turned on?
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (32.27 KiB) Viewed 6536 times

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

There are two ways to get cobalt in Bob's mods. Either you have Colbaltite ore checked in the Mod Settings or you get it from advanced recipes of either copper or nickel. Cobaltite ore is the easiest of the three, obviously. The other two methods are done in the Chemical Furnaces of Bob's mods; stone, steel, electrical, and the multi-purpose furnace are capable of producing the advanced recipes. The advanced recipes have to be unlocked through researches.

1. Determine which way you want to get cobalt: Easy (Ore route) or Hard (Advanced recipes).
2. Check that you have unlocked the recipes via research.
3. Use chemical or multi-purpose furnaces to set the recipes for getting cobaltite.

coderpatsy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by coderpatsy »

I just assumed that cobalt ore in the world wasn't "required for normal operation" of the mod pack since the other recipes exist. Then I enabled cobalt ore on my next world because I didn't want to manage getting it through recipe only.

Xenonus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenonus »

Hi everyone
I have a problem that maybe many people have but they don't bother about it. When I play versions 0.15.x with Bob's logistics, animation of the "faster" belts added by mod is good, but when I switch to versions 0.16.x the animation of these belts is blurry and choppy. Any ideas how to fix it?

nelisz85
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nelisz85 »

Could somebody help me with the following issue: I've started a Bobs/Angels/spaceX multiplayer game with a friend in version 0.15. However, since updating the base game (and mods) to 0.16, all of the special bob's miners are gone. Only the base game miner is available and no miner research can be found.

Does anybody what caused this, and whether there is a solution?

Edit: I found it, apparently the Seablock config mod decided to remove the miners. Removed the mod and the miners are back.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote:There are two ways to get cobalt in Bob's mods. Either you have Colbaltite ore checked in the Mod Settings or you get it from advanced recipes of either copper or nickel. Cobaltite ore is the easiest of the three, obviously. The other two methods are done in the Chemical Furnaces of Bob's mods; stone, steel, electrical, and the multi-purpose furnace are capable of producing the advanced recipes. The advanced recipes have to be unlocked through researches.

1. Determine which way you want to get cobalt: Easy (Ore route) or Hard (Advanced recipes).
3. Use chemical or multi-purpose furnaces to set the recipes for getting cobaltite.
Basically, cobalt ore when it was first added was an advanced material with very little use. since there was an alternate way to get it (through the advanced copper processing recipe, unlocked via cobalt processing) there wasn't a need for the ore to be turned on by default. You can also turn on the option "Nickel gives Cobalt" as an alternate method to get it.
Xenonus wrote:Hi everyone
I have a problem that maybe many people have but they don't bother about it. When I play versions 0.15.x with Bob's logistics, animation of the "faster" belts added by mod is good, but when I switch to versions 0.16.x the animation of these belts is blurry and choppy. Any ideas how to fix it?
The latest versions of the mod in 0.16 have a HD version, those are resized down to fit your scale. It SHOULDN'T cause any issues, but, could be in your case?
nelisz85 wrote:Could somebody help me with the following issue: I've started a Bobs/Angels/spaceX multiplayer game with a friend in version 0.15. However, since updating the base game (and mods) to 0.16, all of the special bob's miners are gone. Only the base game miner is available and no miner research can be found.

Edit: I found it, apparently the Seablock config mod decided to remove the miners. Removed the mod and the miners are back.
Yeah, Angels modifies my mods, and then Seablock modifies all the mods even more. when you have either of those installed, it's beyond my knowledge of what the configurations are, or should be.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

nelisz85 wrote:Could somebody help me with the following issue: I've started a Bobs/Angels/spaceX multiplayer game with a friend in version 0.15. However, since updating the base game (and mods) to 0.16, all of the special bob's miners are gone. Only the base game miner is available and no miner research can be found.

when you play seablock mod pack, you start on island, and get all minerals indirectly from water, there are no ore patches, that's why it removes miners, they are not needed.

of course, if you load existing map with seablock enabled, it will not alter your map, to be island or not have ores ... but miners are still disabled.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
RocketManChronicles wrote:There are two ways to get cobalt in Bob's mods. Either you have Colbaltite ore checked in the Mod Settings or you get it from advanced recipes of either copper or nickel. Cobaltite ore is the easiest of the three, obviously. The other two methods are done in the Chemical Furnaces of Bob's mods; stone, steel, electrical, and the multi-purpose furnace are capable of producing the advanced recipes. The advanced recipes have to be unlocked through researches.

Basically, cobalt ore when it was first added was an advanced material with very little use. since there was an alternate way to get it (through the advanced copper processing recipe, unlocked via cobalt processing) there wasn't a need for the ore to be turned on by default. You can also turn on the option "Nickel gives Cobalt" as an alternate method to get it.
The latest versions of the mod in 0.16 have a HD version, those are resized down to fit your scale. It SHOULDN'T cause any issues, but, could be in your case?

Yeah, Angels modifies my mods, and then Seablock modifies all the mods even more. when you have either of those installed, it's beyond my knowledge of what the configurations are, or should be.
The problem seems more to be that vanilla ores are not modified. Only the angles/bob ores get a stack size of 200. Stone is the same and there is no coal in Seablock.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

One of my mods, bobores or bobplates (maybe both?) set the stack size of copper ore, iron ore, stone and coal to 200.
it is possible that one of the other mods undoes that.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

bobingabout wrote:One of my mods, bobores or bobplates (maybe both?) set the stack size of copper ore, iron ore, stone and coal to 200.
that would be bobores as it is not part of seablocks. I also think angel resets it for some reason.

Xenonus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenonus »

bobingabout wrote:
I'm playing with the latest version of mod and it doesn't help.
Anyway what you mean that they have HD versions; i can select the hd version or it's build in?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ukezi wrote:
bobingabout wrote:One of my mods, bobores or bobplates (maybe both?) set the stack size of copper ore, iron ore, stone and coal to 200.
that would be bobores as it is not part of seablocks. I also think angel resets it for some reason.
Nope I didnt have stack_size overrides until the last version, added them to have fixed stacks of 200 which now breaks the bigbags mod :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Xenonus wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Anyway what you mean that they have HD versions; i can select the hd version or it's build in?
it's in the game settings. if HD graphics are available, it uses them automatically. so it's a global toggle on and off for the whole game.
I also have a Patreon.

Xenonus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenonus »

bobingabout wrote:
Xenonus wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
it's in the game settings. if HD graphics are available, it uses them automatically. so it's a global toggle on and off for the whole game.
I don't see anything called like "hd graphics", but I have something named "sprite resolution", and when I changed it from high to normal it helped and now I can see the arrows on belts. Besides that the resolution of belts is low and I see no option to change it :/.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I've been going through my list of bug reports and suggested changes, which are probably long buried, so I'm not even going to look for them. But there were a couple of points I wanted to address.

Q: check petroleum-gas-cracking recipe. should it cost 50 gas and water?
A: based on fuel values of hydrogen and petroleum gas, 250 from 5 is accurate.

Q: solid fuel costs 50 light oil, enriched requires just 30 liquid fuel
A: Solid fuel only costs 10 light oil in the base game, and I don't change it. if it costs 50 in your game, that must be done in another mod.
fuel value calculations say it should cost 8.33, so 10 introduces a slight fuel value loss.
likewise, enriched fuel should cost 25 liquid fuel going by fuel values, so there's a slight loss with a cost of 30 too. it's balanced on my end.

Q: When setting roboports to "off" in the settings, the techs still set the items (that no longer exist) to be enabled in the techs.
suggest adding qualifying "if" statement to see if item exists before assigning to tech.
A: I don't actually understand what the issue is, it seems to function as intended for me. when I turn on the setting to disable roboports, they're gone, and you still have access to build the LZE, Robochest and charging station, as intended.

For the record, I'm not doing much in the way of modding right now. There are things on the table, but I'm focussing my attention elsewhere, so don't expect anything more than small updates.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:52 pm
A: Solid fuel only costs 10 light oil in the base game, and I don't change it. if it costs 50 in your game, that must be done in another mod.
fuel value calculations say it should cost 8.33, so 10 introduces a slight fuel value loss.
likewise, enriched fuel should cost 25 liquid fuel going by fuel values, so there's a slight loss with a cost of 30 too. it's balanced on my end.
I think I am confused by your answer here. Enriched fuel is a loss compared to what?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm
bobingabout wrote:
I think I am confused by your answer here. Enriched fuel is a loss compared to what?
Oil Burners with maximum efficiency

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bobingabout wrote:
Fluids have fuel values too, since you can use them in the fluid generator (or oil burner, or whatever I named it). the fuel value of liquid fuel is 4MJ, so 30x 4MJ is 120MJ, but the fuel block you get out is only 100MJ.
Similarly, light oil has a value of 3MJ, so 10x 3MJ is 30MJ to produce a fuel block with only 25MJ.

in both cases, the fluid fuel value cost is 120% of the fuel value of the end result.

The point of my message was more aimed at the first part, it costs 50 light oil... it doesn't, in the base game it costs 10, and I didn't change that.
The experience you're supposed to have is 10 light oil for a fuel block, 30 liquid fuel for an enriched fuel block.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

50 Fule oil, that sounds like Angels.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:26 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Fluids have fuel values too, since you can use them in the fluid generator (or oil burner, or whatever I named it). the fuel value of liquid fuel is 4MJ, so 30x 4MJ is 120MJ, but the fuel block you get out is only 100MJ.
Similarly, light oil has a value of 3MJ, so 10x 3MJ is 30MJ to produce a fuel block with only 25MJ.

in both cases, the fluid fuel value cost is 120% of the fuel value of the end result.

The point of my message was more aimed at the first part, it costs 50 light oil... it doesn't, in the base game it costs 10, and I didn't change that.
The experience you're supposed to have is 10 light oil for a fuel block, 30 liquid fuel for an enriched fuel block.
Yeah, I only have 10 required in my game. So must be Angel's then. Anyway, I do not remember seeing any tidbit in-game informing me of the energy of the liquids; have I missed that? ...And I probably should change my power plant over from using Light Oil->Liquid Fuel->Enriched Fuel Block to just using Liquid Fuel!

Return to “Bob's mods”