Is there any way to put rails in a layer you can walk over?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Is there any way to put rails in a layer you can walk over?

Post by theradman221 »

I was trying to make a underground railway mod but so far I have not found anyway to get the trains or rails on a different layer. I am pretty new to modding so any help would be appreciated!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is there any way to put rails in a layer you can walk over?

Post by DaveMcW »

The best modders have tried and failed for years to make underground rails work.

The Factorio developers have probably also tried and failed. At least, they aren't helping modders at all.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

DaveMcW wrote:The best modders have tried and failed for years to make underground rails work.
Has anybody of us actually tried? I think once you reach a sufficient understanding of the API you just give up, because you don't see any possibility to hack it in :D. I.e. the concept fails before even leaving the theoretical design phase.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

theradman221 wrote:I was trying to make a underground railway mod but so far I have not found anyway to get the trains or rails on a different layer. I am pretty new to modding so any help would be appreciated!
You are going on tiles, not on entities. But rails are entities. Solution: replace tiles on rails placing. May be with fords or shallow water that have no collision with player.

Return to “Modding help”