Please remove my mod from mods.factorio.com

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
I_did_not_buy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Please remove my mod from mods.factorio.com

Post by I_did_not_buy »

Most recently, you can go to https://mods.factorio.com, indicating the purchase confirmation. I did not buy the game and, therefore, lost access to the development of my mod. I need to have https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Biter-Loot-Module. removed from the site.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Please remove my mod from mods.factorio.com

Post by Klonan »

We have marked the mod as deprecated, so it will not show in any new searches, but that people using the mod can still use it by syncing from a save game etc.

I_did_not_buy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by I_did_not_buy »

Klonan wrote:We have marked the mod as deprecated, so it will not show in any new searches, but that people using the mod can still use it by syncing from a save game etc.
it would not be bad if the creators of popular mods were allowed to download content from the site.
ie a person who has not bought the game has the right to go to the site, but the right to download mods will receive in the following cases:
1. buy the game
2. create a mod that will get popularity (many downloads in a certain period of time, or even some sort of criterion).

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I_did_not_buy wrote:
Klonan wrote:We have marked the mod as deprecated, so it will not show in any new searches, but that people using the mod can still use it by syncing from a save game etc.
it would not be bad if the creators of popular mods were allowed to download content from the site.
ie a person who has not bought the game has the right to go to the site, but the right to download mods will receive in the following cases:
1. buy the game
2. create a mod that will get popularity (many downloads in a certain period of time, or even some sort of criterion).
That is a possibility, but for now the criteria is owning the game

I_did_not_buy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by I_did_not_buy »

Klonan wrote:
I_did_not_buy wrote:
1. buy the game
That is a possibility, but for now the criteria is owning the game
I will explain why it is worth doing this:
When I saw the inscription "Please buy the game in order to take part in the mod portal." The first thing that occurred to me was to think about how to bypass the defense. the answer to the question was found. and I think I was not alone.
And now imagine that instead of this inscription was the following: "To remove restrictions on the use of mods.factorio.com, buy a game or make a contribution to the game." More (link) "
The first thought that would have arisen in the pirate - to learn how not to pay. And there, in turn, you can explain that the developer understands everything and offers an alternative to buying:
- write articles on https: //wiki.factorio.com
- Develop a good mod
- advertising (difficult, but if necessary, I can think over the implementer).
- Any other profitable company labor.
The main thing is more words about understanding, so that pirates will melt away from the kindness of developers (usually piracy is the desire to resist.).

Nommy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nommy »

I understand this is old, but I actually really like this suggestion. It seems like a really good way to motivate people to work on community projects which ultimately add value to the game which are usually purely voluntarily based which results in both poorer quality and is somewhat exploitative. Providing copies of the game to those who make significant varifiably quality contributions is fair, provides an alternative means of acquisition to those financially challenged and motive to contribute.

If this has not happened yet, why not? It's an awesome idea!

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”