[0.16.51] [HUMAN ERROR] Inserter stops working on

Bugs that are actually features.
pingger
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.51] [HUMAN ERROR] Inserter stops working on

Post by pingger »

Hi,

EDIT: The inserter was fixed, by manually removing logistics network condition, which for some reason wasn't cleared, when deconstructing the inserter. At the moment I'm unable to reproduce the bug again.

ORIGINAL:

I have observed a strange behaviour with a circuit network controlled Inserter:

The Inserter stops working after the circuit network condition was wrong once. After that it will never continue its operation (even if the circuit network condition becomes true or is change entirely).
There are 2 ways to workaround:
- Set the Mode of operation to None, which defeats the purpose of the Condition.
- remove the Inserter and place a new one. (Which will then, after the condition went false again, stop working after a while)

The inserter will not working if the condition is change from = to !=, >, <, <=, >=. At least one of these should work according to the general laws of logic. (if x<y is false, then x>= y has to be true)

The Inserters next to the one causing problems work fine.

In the attached savegame this behaviour can be seen by moving 1train cell down and 1 to the left. There you can find a 'shopping mall'.
The failing inserter is the one for the red science.
The debug poles are: The Substation for the inputs, The small electric pole (next to the substation) for the outputs. The outputs are then routed to the inserters, which control the science pack production.

Screenshot with the failing inserter highlighted: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1440688796
Savegame: https://mega.nz/#!9l5VUSab!v6v2UINO3Kxd ... 0zJDlhPJDY

Greetings
Pingger
Last edited by pingger on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Inserter stops working on circuit condition

Post by Zavian »

The inserter is also connected to the logistics network, clear that connection and it will work.

Similar to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=57441

pingger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pingger »

Wow ... ok ... then a new bug: when deconstructing and placing the inserter again this condition is not cleared ... at least not for me ...

UPDATE: Now it gets cleared ... weird ... I will look into it, for now I can't reproduce it again ...

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

If i manually mine it, then the game does clear that for me. If you are talking about fast replacing it with another inserter, then the game preserves connections and conditions, because that is probably what players want when changing from eg a faster inserter to a stack inserter. (Even in the cases where you want to adjust the settings for a different inserter, you are probably better off with preserving the existing settings than with needing to set everything up again).

That said I hope that in the new UI, the fact that both logistics and network conditions are set will be more visible.

pingger
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] [HUMAN ERROR] Inserter stops working on

Post by pingger »

I hand mined the inserter and then placed a new one ... the inserter each time stopped working after a few minutes. (which guessed was due to circuit network conditions ...) After this occured 3 times, I opened this thread. I will keep observing the behaviour of this inserter.

Return to “Not a bug”