Personal roboport should be available with green science

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
ejg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Personal roboport should be available with green science

Post by ejg »

In my opinion personal roboport should be available with green science (construction bots only) stimulating the use of blue prints and ghost building in a earlier stage of the game (I for instance primarily use it for mining outposts which are repetitive to build but which are located far from the central network so you need a personal Roboport). On the other hand, Roboports which stimulate god mode building should be locked behind the blue science and come available together with logistic network.

Let me know what you think.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Personal roboport should be available with green science

Post by bobucles »

It already is green science. Use an ordinary roboport.

Armor roboports aren't even useful at green science because the supporting armor tech can't handle it. You have to cheese to make it useful.

4xel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Personal roboport should be available with green science

Post by 4xel »

I think personal robot port has only very niche applications, compared to droping a real robot port and not having to babysit construction and waiting for lost robots.

I have no issue with robotport being hidden behind a technology fence, they are not necessarilly easy to use and beginners should not be overwhelmed. Under normal difficulty settings, construction bots are unlockable very quickely with dedication.

Return to “Balancing”