Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

neitro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by neitro »

Hey i have not any recept for mineralized water. I searched found that i can do some thing with it. With Crystal Matrix. But i have no recept for Chrystal Matrix to produce. I use Fnei and i look for my self. Is maybe something wrong ?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

FNEI is bad in showing where you get stuff, you should have crushed stone -> mineral water recipe available, unless you play seablock then i cant help you.
If i remember right its in water treatment tab. You might need petrochem or bioprocessing mods for the recipe, i play with all angels stuff so i have it.

lasermoon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lasermoon »

Small bug, Desert Tree Cultivation and Advanced Desert Tree Cultivation (which requires an additional ingredient) both give the same wood/bio rubber output. The swamp and temperate ones double the bio resin/plastic.

bobo0753
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bobo0753 »

I cannot activate the mod since the latest update to Bob's, was working fine with the rest of my mod list now it says "failed to load mods: __ angelssmelting__/data-final-fixes.lua:1:__angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-override-global.lua:83: attempt to index field 'electrum-alloy' (a nil value)" and then gives me the option to disable the mod. My friend reported the issue to me first, and once I updated my mods list, I too found the same issue. Is there a fix that I can apply, or does this require a patch? Thank you very much!

Akiralen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Akiralen »

bobo0753 wrote:I cannot activate the mod since the latest update to Bob's, was working fine with the rest of my mod list now it says "failed to load mods: __ angelssmelting__/data-final-fixes.lua:1:__angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-override-global.lua:83: attempt to index field 'electrum-alloy' (a nil value)" and then gives me the option to disable the mod. My friend reported the issue to me first, and once I updated my mods list, I too found the same issue. Is there a fix that I can apply, or does this require a patch? Thank you very much!
Same here.

Jott
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jott »

bob's removed electrum from plates.

Plates 0.16.4:
Updated the Logistic tab icon to use new robot graphics
Removed electrum
Added Pure water recipe colours for the chemical plant.

Akiralen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Akiralen »

Last update resolved issue.That was quick. :D

Aspenf0x
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aspenf0x »

I dont know if this is the correct place to post this but when I try to play multiplayer with friends we get an error "angels Bio Processing contents are different even though the contents are the same, we have tried reinstalling the mods and they are both 0.5.6 for bio and 0.16 for the base game

shikashi18
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shikashi18 »

Error in two of your mods, I know these are a result of a recent update and I'll be playing the versions before. Please fix these ASAA (As Soon As Able) I know these help.

- Angelssmelting

Failed to load mods: _ _ angelssmelting _ _ /data-updates.lua:1: _ _anglessmelting _ _ /prototypes/smelting-override.lua.63: module prototypes.refining-override-vanilla not found; no such file _ _ anglessmelting _ _ /prototypes/prototypes/refining-override-vanilla.lua no such file _ _ anglessmelting _ _ /prototypes/refining-override-vanilla.lua no such file D:/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/prototypes/refining-override-vanilla.lua

Then when the mod is disabled, the second mod is effected and it's own error shows.

- anglespetrochem

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'solid-lime' does not exist

Source: Filter lime (recpie).

Nummy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nummy »

Somehow this got proken for me today after updating mods:

I have Bobs, pymods and angels mods installed.
Guys at pyanodoms section said it might be angels mods responsible...?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Nummy wrote:Somehow this got proken for me today after updating mods:

I have Bobs, pymods and angels mods installed.
Guys at pyanodoms section said it might be angels mods responsible...?
do you have actual version of science cost tweaker?
because sct-htech-thermalstore is from it, and it does have already update recipe (which triggers, when electrum is not present)

edit: you wrote u use pyscience
if by pyscience you mean romtos pyscience, then forget about it, that mod is outdated, just disable it.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyscience - 5 months no update

SkillieZA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ - underflow valve value

Post by SkillieZA »

Can you change the value of the underflow valve to flow if the target pipe is under 70% instead of under 80%, that way you can have something that top up the pipe, and still have the overflow valve at 80% to bleed off excess withoug just bleeding off the topup source.

Looks like this can be done in the valves.lua file on line 429 by changing -0.2 to -0.3

Code: Select all

--base_level = -0.2,
base_level = -0.3,

gabbermatt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gabbermatt »

Anyone having the issue with angels smelting: https://prnt.sc/juiyw5

The file causing the problem is: \angelssmelting_0.4.4\prototypes\smelting-override.lua

I downloaded 4.3 from the mod page and compared it to the smelting-override.lua in the 4.4 version.The only difference is that line 63 is commented out in 4.3 where-as it's not in 4.4. If you pull the file out of the zip, edit it (preferably use notepad++ so you can see line numbers) go to line 63 and change:

require("prototypes.refining-override-vanilla")
to

--require("prototypes.refining-override-vanilla")
You should notice that -- is not present, adding this will comment out the line, save the file and move it back in to the 4.4 zip in the prototypes folder. This will allow angel's smelting and all dependents to load properly.

The issue is that the mod is looking for a "refining-override-vanilla.lua" when it doesn't exist. This is possibly either a testing thing he's done or a relic from an older version, but it's safe to comment it out.

Edit:: Formatting and added missing info

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

gabbermatt wrote:Anyone having the issue with angels smelting: https://prnt.sc/juiyw5

The file causing the problem is: \angelssmelting_0.4.4\prototypes\smelting-override.lua

I downloaded 4.3 from the mod page and compared it to the smelting-override.lua in the 4.4 version.The only difference is that line 63 is commented out in 4.3 where-as it's not in 4.4. If you pull the file out of the zip, edit it (preferably use notepad++ so you can see line numbers) go to line 63 and change:

to

You should notice that -- is not present, adding this will comment out the line, save the file and move it back in to the 4.4 zip in the prototypes folder. This will allow angel's smelting and all dependents to load properly.

The issue is that the mod is looking for a "refining-override-vanilla.lua" when it doesn't exist. This is possibly either a testing thing he's done or a relic from an older version, but it's safe to comment it out.

Can you test it with and without Bob's Mods? Angel's Refining is supposed to be fully functional without anything Bob's, so if it's looking for a vanilla override then that might mean it won't work properly in vanilla. Smelting should also still load just fine, though Angel might have done a change to prevent loading Smelting without Bob's due to certain issues in vanilla.

gabbermatt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gabbermatt »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:
gabbermatt wrote:Anyone having the issue with angels smelting: https://prnt.sc/juiyw5

to

Can you test it with and without Bob's Mods? Angel's Refining is supposed to be fully functional without anything Bob's, so if it's looking for a vanilla override then that might mean it won't work properly in vanilla. Smelting should also still load just fine, though Angel might have done a change to prevent loading Smelting without Bob's due to certain issues in vanilla.

I played for about 2.5 hours with zero issues after doing this, but I hadn't tested anything beyond the iron/copper node replacements (cant remember their names right now). I'm not using any bob's mods, but I can grab em and see how it works with and without the line commented.

Setho
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Setho »

shikashi18 wrote:Error in two of your mods, I know these are a result of a recent update and I'll be playing the versions before. Please fix these ASAA (As Soon As Able) I know these help.
Then when the mod is disabled, the second mod is effected and it's own error shows.

- anglespetrochem

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'solid-lime' does not exist

It appears that anglespetrochem has dependecy on angelssmelting, and it fails to load with "Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'solid-lime' does not exist" when angelssmelting is not enabled. I believe that "solid-lime" is defined in angelssmelting, hence the error. For anyone willing to tinker a bit there's a workaround:
-unzip angelspetrochem_0.7.9
-open petrochem-override.lua in prototypes folder (angelspetrochem_0.7.9/prototypes/petrochem-override.lua)
modify (section starting line 58):

if angelsmods.smelting then
	OV.patch_recipes({
	{ name = "gas-sulfur-dioxide-calcium-sulfate", results = {
		{ "solid-lime", 1 }
	} },
	})
else
	OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "stone-crushed", 1 }
	} },
	})
	OV.disable_recipe({ "solid-sodium-cyanide", "solid-sodium-carbonate", "solid-sodium-sulfate-separation" })
end
to:

OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "solid-lime", 1 }
	} },
	})
else
	OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "stone-crushed", 1 }
	} },
	})
	OV.disable_recipe({ "solid-sodium-cyanide", "solid-sodium-carbonate", "solid-sodium-sulfate-separation" })
	OV.global_replace_item("solid-lime", "stone-crushed")
	OV.disable_technology({"angels-sulfur-processing-3"})
end
Zip it back and place in mods folder. With that I can start the game and load my previous save w/o issues. Not sure if researching "Sulfur processing 2" will enable the recipe, I guess this can be disabled too if necessary. It's my first attempt at playing with mod - backup your saves :twisted:

@Arch666Angel thanks for great mod !

gabbermatt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gabbermatt »

Setho wrote:
shikashi18 wrote:Error in two of your mods, I know these are a result of a recent update and I'll be playing the versions before. Please fix these ASAA (As Soon As Able) I know these help.

- anglespetrochem

It appears that anglespetrochem has dependecy on angelssmelting, and it fails to load with "Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'solid-lime' does not exist" when angelssmelting is not enabled. I believe that "solid-lime" is defined in angelssmelting, hence the error. For anyone willing to tinker a bit there's a workaround:
-unzip angelspetrochem_0.7.9
-open petrochem-override.lua in prototypes folder (angelspetrochem_0.7.9/prototypes/petrochem-override.lua)
modify (section starting line 58):

OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "solid-lime", 1 }
	} },
	})
else
	OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "stone-crushed", 1 }
	} },
	})
end
to:

OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "solid-lime", 1 }
	} },
	})
else
	OV.patch_recipes({
		{ "stone-crushed", 1 }
	} },
	})
	OV.global_replace_item("solid-lime", "stone-crushed")
	OV.disable_technology({"angels-sulfur-processing-3"})
end
Zip it back and place in mods folder. With that I can start the game and load my previous save w/o issues. Not sure if researching "Sulfur processing 2" will enable the recipe, I guess this can be disabled too if necessary. It's my first attempt at playing with mod - backup your saves :twisted:

@Arch666Angel thanks for great mod !

You can just add the comment I posted about a couple posts up to angels smelting to get that running. Not only is it easier, it also gets angels smelting to run.

Setho
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Setho »

gabbermatt wrote: ...

You can just add the comment I posted about a couple posts up to angels smelting to get that running. Not only is it easier, it also gets angels smelting to run.
The issue occurs when one is not using smelting, which runs without issues for me (when I enable it). The error only occurs with petrochem enabled and smelting disabled.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Advanced Temperate Garden Cultivation does not seem to produce bio-tokens, but only one temperate garden. It is a bug?

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

brab wrote:Advanced Temperate Garden Cultivation does not seem to produce bio-tokens, but only one temperate garden. It is a bug?
Advanced Garden Cultivation actually has 25% chance of producing 8 tokens, it only averages to 2 per cycle.

Return to “Angels Mods”