Bobs/Angels Thorium not working with other Mods that use it

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Bobs/Angels Thorium not working with other Mods that use it

Post by lamenters »

Hello all,

This may be the incorrect place to post this, if it is, I encourage the moderators to move it.

I am running a big Bobs/Angels game with a variety of other mods added in. One of the mods allows me to use Thorium power, I added this in specifically because I knew I would have thorium.

Now it seems like you can't actually mine the thorium, yes I have used sulfuric acid, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks

L

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bobs/Angels Thorium not working with other Mods that use it

Post by eradicator »

This should be moved to the thread of whatever the mod is that adds the "Thorium power".

Also your description of the problem is too vague to tell what the problem is. Does the mod add a special drill? Are you using that? Or are you using a Bobangels drill? I.e. are you sure the drill you're using has the correct mining category? Does it even show a possible output? Too vague... :P

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

Hi Eradicator,

I will look at the name of the mod when I am back home, I think it is just called Thorium power.

I am using the MK2 mining drill provided with Bobs. It shows that there is Thorium to be mined, and a full supply of sulfuric acid. I believe that there used to be two sulfuric acids for bobs/angels but that this is no longer the case.

Looking around on the interwebs, I see that bob may have actually removed the capacity to mine thorium but I don't know if this is the case.

L

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Well. We'll be waiting for more info then.
A quick google results in nothing. The only mod that turns up searching "thorium" on the mod portal does not have thorium ore. And the reddit thread of the same title only mentions two different kinds of sulfuric, and that thorium ore doesn't have any use. So: Still too vague :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

No, Thorium should still be minable from my mods. Though, it is possible that some other mod might change things.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

Thank-you Bob,

I will undo all of the Mods one at a time to find out which one it is and let you know.

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

bobingabout wrote:No, Thorium should still be minable from my mods. Though, it is possible that some other mod might change things.
Hi Bob, I have gone through all the mods until I only had yours and Angel's, same problem. It is exactly the same issue as was reported here - https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... bs_angels/

Thoughts?

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

bobingabout wrote:No, Thorium should still be minable from my mods. Though, it is possible that some other mod might change things.
So, I have done a little bit of digging and the bottleneck Mod says that it is Output constrained. Even though it isn't mining or outputting anything.
Equally, when I use the FNEI Mod, it finds the Thorium Ore but won't let me click on it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Going purely on a hunch here, but maybe the drill has a messed up output position and is mining to the ground? A drill not connected to a chest/belt would only mine one item, put it on the ground and then stop.
Also you still haven't provided a savegame yet.

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

Hi Eradicator,
eradicator wrote:Going purely on a hunch here, but maybe the drill has a messed up output position and is mining to the ground? A drill not connected to a chest/belt would only mine one item, put it on the ground and then stop.
I thought of that and this is not the case, I have tried a variety of belts and chests and there is definitely no output. The Bottleneck Mod, as I mentioned above says that it is output constrained but it is not outputting. I even tried picking up manually but no joy.
eradicator wrote:Also you still haven't provided a savegame yet.
I don't actually know how to do this which is why I provided the reddit thread above. They have described the situation perfectly and have provided images.

Thanks

L

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

lamenters wrote:I don't actually know how to do this which is why I provided the reddit thread above. They have described the situation perfectly and have provided images.
As a mod author i can tell you that neither the screenshot nor the description is anywhere near "perfect" (imagine you tried to call your doctor, told them "my stomach aches", send them a picture of your belly and expect them to instantly know what's wrong - no trustworthy doctor would even try to guess over the phone, they'd demand you come to be looked at.). There's an infinite amount of possible reasons what could be going wrong there, and the only reasonable approach is for someone with sufficient knowledge to check the actual gamestate. Simply press the "browse" button below the reply box when you post an answer here on the forum. Select your savegame and press "add the file", done.

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

Hello,

The list of Mods that I am using is long and varied but the problem is replicated even when only using Bobs. @bobingabout, any thoughts?

Thanks

L
Attachments
Glorious.zip
(12.3 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

Hello all,

I still have the same issues. Can anyone suggest anything for me?

L

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Got around to updating base and getting all the mods to load your game...

It's exactly like the reddit thread says. The ore requires 'sulfuric-acid', but some idiot modder *cough* removed all recipes to produce it. You can only produce 'liquid-sulfuric-acid', which is the stuff you're pumping into the drills. I'll spare you (and myself) the rage-post about unnessecarily breaking compatibility by not reusing base game prototype names :P.

A quick fix would be to change the fluid requirement for the ore:

Code: Select all

data.raw.resource['thorium-ore'].minable.required_fluid = 'liquid-sulfuric-acid'
The correct fix would be to not fucking rename sulfuric-acid...

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Or just use the converter valve that was added for these occasions.

Edit: Is there any actual use for thorium now?

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

Wow! Thank-you guys. This is what I love about the factorio community. :D :D :D :D :D

I will try with the converter valve first because I am still picking up achievements.

@Arch666Angel @MadClown01 uses thorium

L

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

It worked! It worked! It worked!

Thank-you one and all.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Arch666Angel wrote:Or just use the converter valve that was added for these occasions.

Edit: Is there any actual use for thorium now?
Although Bob hasn't done anything with thorium yet, there are other mods that make use of it. Like the mad clown.

I have even recently once again been considering what to do with Thorium, but pretty much every time I think about it, my train of thought diverts towards Plutonium and Deuterium instead.
I also have a Patreon.

lamenters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lamenters »

bobingabout wrote: ...my train of thought diverts towards Plutonium and Deuterium instead.
Well I work in the nuclear fusion industry so if you want some pointers, let me know.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

lamenters wrote:
bobingabout wrote: ...my train of thought diverts towards Plutonium and Deuterium instead.
Well I work in the nuclear fusion industry so if you want some pointers, let me know.
Well... I can't remember any of my plans on the topic anymore, so... drop any ideas you have in my thorium topic, and maybe they'll give inspiration
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=47830
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding help”