Request for partially infinite ores

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Request for partially infinite ores

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

Hi.

I am playing a A+B game, with the usual questing to some sort of megabase, and one annoyance is that due to my inexperience with RSO mod my ore patches are still relatively small and close together making megamodular development difficult - I don't want to give up though, I can prize enough large spaces from the dead hands of the natives to make the base still viable.

I like infinite ores because the acid loops required to make them work makes the game an interesting balancing act. But it is also painfully obvious to me (now) that non-infinite patches are good because they disappear and leave room for mega-developments.

I would like my next A+B game to have both types of ore patch, in addition to a more competent use of RSO by myself ;-)

So I request some sort of scaling factor that can be applied to infinite ores during mapgen so only some patches have infinite parts. a simple number 1 to 100, as a % in the mod option page should do the trick, or even just cruder, with increments of 10% or 20%, since I doubt fine control is needed.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Request for partially infinite ores

Post by Light »

We think alike, so these numbers should fit your taste as well.

In this situation the ore patches will be very sparse yet very rich, with no more than just a minuscule amount of infinite ores within them (or sometimes none). It's impossible to abuse the infinite ores from several patches to feed your entire factory unless you go hard on modules and beacons, but that doesn't sound like your style.

Do note that resource distance is also determined by the size of your starting area (or it used to be) so setting it large or very large will spread things out even further.

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

Hmm thx, this looks close to what I want, although I am not trying to minimise infinite ores especially.

Ultimately I want my end base to run entirely off lots of infinite ore patches at equilibrium, its just that having patches too close together gimps development in other ways, since I am using trains. Each of my production modules, with stations for each feedstock and product, plus stackers, takes up a lot of room.

And I am one of those weirdos that doesn't like to build on top of viable deposits ;-)

I am at least a couple of months off restarting anyway, so I have plenty of time yet.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi, if you install Unlasting oil you can convert infinite patches finite but keep the acid needed for mining until you have enough space.

If you remove the mod, all is like before again.

It's originally for oil but you can change each ore seperatly in mod settings.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/steinios_unlasting_oil

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

If you want things to be more spread out in general then increase the region size.
Region size in tiles is setting value times 32.
You could go pretty high there (like size 20) and set resource chance to 1 to make sure you have resources.
This way you should end up with sparse resources with lots of space between them. It will be still a bit affected by randomness but should increase average distance between the patches significantly.

Return to “Angels Mods”