Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17+

Post by Jap2.0 »

aklesey1 wrote:When we can see the colonists for whom we are preparing this planet, I think it's worth raising the bar and giving a new impetus to go forward, show me the great goal that got us stuck here
Who said we're preparing the planet for colonists? All I heard was that we crash landed there.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Jap2.0 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:When we can see the colonists for whom we are preparing this planet, I think it's worth raising the bar and giving a new impetus to go forward, show me the great goal that got us stuck here
Who said we're preparing the planet for colonists? All I heard was that we crash landed there.
On this planet was running an expedition with the purpose of mastering the planet, but something went wrong and we crashed on the planet, so the story was written
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
On this planet was running an expedition with the purpose of mastering the planet, but something went wrong and we crashed on the planet, so the story was written
Ah, okay.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.16+

Post by Hannu »

rldml wrote: At least: If you make your defense that strong, that you turn the aliens to a pure logistic problem, why do you activate them in general? Just increase the ressource multiplier, make everything else more expensive and concentrate on the stuff you like :D
I use biters to get more varying logistic chains. Production of science in vanilla game is boringly straightforward chain without variations and strategic decisions. Of course current biters are not very significant improvement, but they gives train or two and few assemblers. Fortunately there are lots of mods with hundreds of intermediate and side products to improve logistic challenge, but I like to play also modded games with biters and very large starting area so that I do not have to care them from beginning.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Everytime i see this my eyes water up. Tears of joy of course. These dev's continue to be a shining beacon of hope in the Indie dev world and showing how PR and marketing should be done, that and the updates. The updates! The communication with the community. Absolutely love these devs and the game factorio.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Avezo wrote:ugh... Fluid optimalisation last on the list for 0.17+ ? Really?
So Nuclear is useless as before? Thanks devs! *half-joking*

Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sigma1 »

Tomik wrote:
It's not useless on smaller late-game bases, but it's still way too easy.
she/they

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Sigma1 wrote:
Tomik wrote:
It's not useless on smaller late-game bases, but it's still way too easy.
I wouldn't mind it being harder to build. Like for example making the 'concrete' in the Reactors and other nuke building to be Refined Conrete and lock refined concrete behind Blue science. Game balance? Done!
What pisses me off is that fluids make a complete mess of FPS/UPS once they are big enough because they are not code optimized.

Halfbax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Halfbax »

Final game balancing
What does it mean? I am scared right now.

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rldml »

Halfbax wrote:
Final game balancing
What does it mean? I am scared right now.
There is nothing to be scared about - if i'm remembering correct, the devs told us that they planning to finalize this game soon since 0.14.

poofu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by poofu »

I think a completely green alternative to energy generation would be an amazing addition.

My idea is wind generation that has a set mean energy production but is not particularly reliable.
By this i mean the output can vary throughout the day from say 25% up to 125% potential with a Gaussian distribution so that with many different windmills in your wind farm, you obtain a more stable power output.

It would make a good substitution for solar during the night!

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

A agree tht wind power would very be nice to have.

TheOrangeAngle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #120 - Spidertron

Post by TheOrangeAngle »

It has been 908 days since the spidertron was first revealed. Is there any hope this will be in 0.17 or 1.0? It is on the "low priority" section of the roadmap; I would just like to know if it is still being considered.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved post from FFF120 topic (which is dead) to Roadmap topic (still active)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Meddleman wrote:Actually, is there a reason there is no "start-game" content?
The story essentially follows an engineer that crashlands on an alien planet, and while the single-player story does explore this, there isn't a nice, short, eye-candy crashland sequence of one's ship. Having the debris lying around after said crash would better explain why we start off with a few iron plates in our inventory.

If people want an "ending", the player could be allowed to enter their rocket, launch, cue fade-to-black screen, roll credits (yaaay, kovarex & team!!!). Player is given an option to save their game, skip the credits and continue on their map, in which the game replays a similar crashland sequence of the formerly launched rocket in which the player miraculously survives said landing in an area very close to the outermost regions of the spread of their base,
Yes, this is very Rimworld-esque, the parallels are obvious, but it seems like the only canonical way to go about this.
You can already do this. Put a car in the rocket and then you can enter it like the car. Too bad you don't win launching yourself in a rocket.

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

Is better fluid physics still low priority? I heard they were working on this again.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Did 0.17 reach the experimental branch? Or not yet?

If it has, is there a place to see what has been released on Experimental so far? I would like very much to see what the new map generation looks like... assuming that it has been done and is available in the experimental branch.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

zOldBulldog wrote:Did 0.17 reach the experimental branch? Or not yet?

If it has, is there a place to see what has been released on Experimental so far? I would like very much to see what the new map generation looks like... assuming that it has been done and is available in the experimental branch.
No, not yet.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

zOldBulldog wrote:If it has, is there a place to see what has been released on Experimental so far?
viewforum.php?f=3
If there's no post on 0.17, there is no experimental release.
If there is a post, it will contain the changelog.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Koub wrote:
zOldBulldog wrote:If it has, is there a place to see what has been released on Experimental so far?
viewforum.php?f=3
If there's no post on 0.17, there is no experimental release.
If there is a post, it will contain the changelog.
Thanks. I was under the mistaken impression that only formal releases got posted there.

Return to “Releases”