Version 0.16.40

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.16.40

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Yet another rail signal connection fix.
  • Fixed a crash when killing the character during the gun_inventory_changed event. (59784)
  • Fixed that LuaPlayer::opened wouldn't return the opened equipment grid. (59790)
  • Fixed LuaInventory::sort_and_merge() would break furnaces and assembling machines.
  • Fixed crash when trying to migrate circuit connected entities. Any migrated entities will be disconnected. (59974)
  • Fixed round input in team production challenge. (59970)
  • Recipe item ingredients with a count of 0 are reported as an error instead of allowing inconsistent behaviour. (60016)
  • Fixed missing reset of state of signal right next to removed rail. (60026)
  • Fixed a crash that could happen in multiplayer over a poor connection. (59993)
Modding
  • Added ItemPrototype::fuel_glow_color, it colors the fuel glow of entities that use that item as fuel.
Scripting
  • Added on_player_trash_inventory_changed event.
  • Changed LuaSurface::find_entities_filtered/find_tiles_filtered/count_entities_filtered to additionally accept a table of filters.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.40

Post by Innomin8 »

Hearing reports from the FMMO community that .40 completely breaks train signals? Anyone confirm?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Innomin8 wrote:Hearing reports from the FMMO community that .40 completely breaks train signals? Anyone confirm?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60043

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Meddleman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meddleman »

Innomin8 wrote:Hearing reports from the FMMO community that .40 completely breaks train signals? Anyone confirm?
You got that right. Mine are quite literally "on the blink".

Wuuuuuuuuubbbe, what did ya fiddle with this time? ^^

EDIT: After reading through this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60043 people are able to place new "virgin" blocks of signals that work, but "old" ones will blink.
No offence, but this "fix" was kind of a big mistake, and it's also unclear what the bug actually was beforehand as the changelog-bot here doesn't link to a topic.
Also using a lua-console code to automagically replace all signal-lamps, while effective, disables achievements which I'm sure many players do not want either.
Perhaps it would be best to quickly rollout a reversion "update", as I cannot see too many people manually replacing all their signals in order to keep achievements. :shock:
Last edited by Meddleman on Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

eidolonFIRE_XI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eidolonFIRE_XI »

Sigh.... SO MANY CRASHED TRAINS....

I really shouldn't have been on the experimental latest.

eidolonFIRE_XI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eidolonFIRE_XI »

Somebody should get a census together and tally up just how many trains were crashed with that update.

Hydro Engineer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hydro Engineer »

I had three trains in one pileup and I only have 4 trains. :( The fourth train was on its own circuit.
Hydro Engineer

"I think ...therefore I'm confused"

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

Hydro Engineer wrote:I had three trains in one pileup and I only have 4 trains. :( The fourth train was on its own circuit.
Aren't all trains supposed to be on their own circuit?? :D

Oh, wait, no...they aren't...I lost sooooo many nuclear fueled trains............

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Just don't save in 0.16.40 and revert to. 39.

It's an alpha game.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

steinio wrote:Just don't save in 0.16.40 and revert to. 39.

It's an alpha game.
Multiplayer server...don't control the saves...ah well, live and learn...or don't...either way...

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

eidolonFIRE_XI wrote:Somebody should get a census together and tally up just how many trains were crashed with that update.
You're saying...
... this update is a trainwreck? *sunglasses*
[edit] Joking of course, just to be on the safe side. Glitches happen during prerelease, 's what they call experimental.

Return to “Releases”