Friday Facts #235 - 0.16 stable

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Rinin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #235 - 0.16 stable

Post by Rinin »

GeekinaCave wrote:does anyone know an alternative official link for download factorio installers, i just try to download zip version from the page and it stops at 98% and know it seems down (this is not the first time that happens BTW) :evil:
From FAQ:
If I buy the game on your Purchase page will I be able to get a Steam key?
Yes, that is possible. After you have bought the game you can connect it to your Steam account at your profile/settings page and then have your Steam key emailed to you. The linking to the Steam account is an anti-fraud mechanism. However this free steam key only applies to purchases made directly on our webpage, any purchases from 3rd party retailers are not eligible for a steam key.

And steam version works fine

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Get any pirated copy and use the ingame updater with your legit account credentials.
This has always been my favorite DRM scheme. Pirates gonna pirate yo, but a legit account simply makes the play experience better. It's so simple and easy and so many companies get it wrong.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

bobucles wrote:
Oktokolo wrote:
GeekinaCave wrote:does anyone know an alternative official link for download factorio installers, i just try to download zip version from the page and it stops at 98% and know it seems down (this is not the first time that happens BTW) :evil:
Get any pirated copy and use the ingame updater with your legit account credentials. :D
This has always been my favorite DRM scheme. Pirates gonna pirate yo, but a legit account simply makes the play experience better. It's so simple and easy and so many companies get it wrong.
And have a fun time when it gets stolen by the built-in keylogger :P. Microsoft publishes official hashes of their disk images to prevent that btw. GOG does it too as far as i remember. Too few places publish offical hashes.

Return to “News”