OffWorldShippingCo - Peer Review Request

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Nebri
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

OffWorldShippingCo - Peer Review Request

Post by Nebri »

Hello!

I'm proud to present my first mod "Off World Shipping Co" for a peer review. This was my first mod and I was learning as I went. I imagine there are quite a few things that could be done better / optimized.

I'm a web developer by trade, and the best tool I've encountered in my career is that of a peer review process. A peer review to go over your code spreads knowledge and exposes you to new ideas. I encourage everyone to take a quick look, post any feedback you have on my github issue tracker please.

mod portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/OffWorldShippingCo
github: https://github.com/Nebri/Factorio-OffWorldShippingCo

Thank you in advanced!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: OffWorldShippingCo - Peer Review Request

Post by eradicator »

Judging from the screenshots on the mod portal you're using internal lua names for the gui where you should be using localised strings.
Do people actually do free code audits for random strangers in the "web development world"?

Nebri
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: OffWorldShippingCo - Peer Review Request

Post by Nebri »

Audits / Code review are generally not free, it's usually an internal process for the company. When working with a development team, usually another team member, preferably someone who wasn't involved in the development directly (or at least that piece of the functionality) would review it.

In the open source world (mods / GitHub projects), these audits are done all the time by volunteers.

Screenshots are currently old, the mod is now using it's own recipes / localized strings since 0.16.4 for the items and recipes. However not for the gui buttons / frames themselves. Is there a good reference to get that in?

Return to “Modding help”