server not showing online?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
xal3xhx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

server not showing online?

Post by xal3xhx »

well, ive been at this for 2 days now and have tried everything i can think of. everything appears to be starting correctly but i can not connect to it on LAN or by the ip. i have tried ports that i know work for some other games. i know for a fact the port is open. i used the pufferpanel built in server installer, tired doing it manually. i even switched to windows and tired the factorio server manager and still have no luck.

my server config is.

Code: Select all

{
  "name": "ServerName",
  "description": "Server",
  "tags": ["game", "tags"],

"_comment_max_players": "Maximum number of players allowed, admins can join even a full server. 0 means unlimited.",
  "max_players": 8,

"_comment_visibility": ["public: Game will be published on the official Factorio matching server",
                          "lan: Game will be broadcast on LAN"],
  "visibility":
  {
	"Hidden": false,
    "public": true,
    "lan": true
  },

"_comment_credentials": "Your factorio.com login credentials. Required for games with visibility public",
  "username": "xal3xhx",
  "password": "",

"_comment_token": "Authentication token. May be used instead of 'password' above.",
  "token": "XXXXXXXX",

"game_password": "XXXXXXXX",

"_comment_require_user_verification": "When set to true, the server will only allow clients that have a valid Factorio.com account",
  "require_user_verification": false,

"_comment_max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second" : "optional, default value is 0. 0 means unlimited.",
  "max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second": 0,

"_comment_minimum_latency_in_ticks": "optional one tick is 16ms in default speed, default value is 0. 0 means no minimum.",
  "minimum_latency_in_ticks": 0,

"_comment_ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players": "Players that played on this map already can join even when the max player limit was reached.",
  "ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players": false,

"_comment_allow_commands": "possible values are, true, false and admins-only",
  "allow_commands": "admins-only",

"_comment_autosave_interval": "Autosave interval in minutes",
  "autosave_interval": 10,

"_comment_autosave_slots": "server autosave slots, it is cycled through when the server autosaves.",
  "autosave_slots": 5,

"_comment_afk_autokick_interval": "How many minutes until someone is kicked when doing nothing, 0 for never.",
  "afk_autokick_interval": 0,

"_comment_auto_pause": "Whether should the server be paused when no players are present.",
  "auto_pause": true,

"only_admins_can_pause_the_game": true,

"_comment_autosave_only_on_server": "Whether autosaves should be saved only on server or also on all connected clients. Default is true.",
  "autosave_only_on_server": true,

"_comment_non_blocking_saving": "Highly experimental feature, enable only at your own risk of losing your saves. On UNIX systems, server will fork itself to create an autosave. Autosaving on connected Windows clients will be disabled regardless of autosave_only_on_server option.",
  "non_blocking_saving": false,

"_comment_admins": "List of case insensitive usernames, that will be promoted immediately",
  "admins": []
}
im using this command to start the server on headless

./factorio/bin/x64/factorio --port 34197 --bind 0.0.0.0 --start-server saves/default.zip --server-settings factorio/data/server-settings.json
and here is the console output

2.021 Info PlayerData.cpp:65: Local player-data.json available, timestamp 1518370972
   2.021 Info PlayerData.cpp:72: Cloud player-data.json unavailable
   2.227 Custom inputs active: 0
   2.253 Info Updater.cpp:750: Downloading https://updater.factorio.com/get-available-versions?username=xal3xhx&token=<private>&apiVersion=2
   2.956 Some core updates would be reachable if experimental updates were enabled.
   2.956 0 packages available to download (experimental updates disabled).
   2.975 Factorio initialised
   3.034 Info ServerSynchronizer.cpp:29: nextHeartbeatSequenceNumber(0) initialized Synchronizer nextTickClosureTick(0).
   3.034 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:696: mapTick(4294967295) changing state from(Ready) to(PreparedToHostGame)
   3.034 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:696: mapTick(4294967295) changing state from(PreparedToHostGame) to(CreatingGame)
   3.035 Loading map /var/lib/pufferd/servers/8d20e099-9d5b-4802-a835-e324c56f58fb/saves/default.zip: 846873 bytes.
   3.127 Loading Level.dat: 1101674 bytes.
   3.142 Info Scenario.cpp:135: Map version 0.16.22-1
   3.253 Loading script.dat: 175 bytes.
   3.282 Checksum for script /var/lib/pufferd/servers/8d20e099-9d5b-4802-a835-e324c56f58fb/factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua: 4025882306
   3.329 Info UDPSocket.cpp:27: Opening socket at (0.0.0.0:34197)
   3.329 Hosting game at 0.0.0.0:34197
   3.329 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:696: mapTick(0) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InGame)
   3.359 Info ServerRouter.cpp:580: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197) for own address
   3.870 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:625: Matching server connection resumed
Last edited by xal3xhx on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: server not showing online?

Post by impetus maximus »

i assume you are running the headless server on the same machine you are playing on.

change your client that you are using to connect to the server to something other than 34197.
like 34198.

xal3xhx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xal3xhx »

impetus maximus wrote:i assume you are running the headless server on the same machine you are playing on.

change your client that you are using to connect to the server to something other than 34197.
like 34198.
the headless server in running on an another machine, running ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

you said you can't connect on LAN. are you using ethernet, or WiFi?

xal3xhx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xal3xhx »

impetus maximus wrote:you said you can't connect on LAN. are you using ethernet, or WiFi?
both computers are on the same network, wired. i have tried to connect directly to the server through the local ip of the server pc and my WAN address (port forwarded) and still have nothing.

running

netstat -a | grep 34197
while the server is running gives me this output

udp        0      0 *:34197                 *:*
udp6       0      0 [::]:34197              [::]:*
it appears that the sever is not listening for connections?
not sure if this is a normal thing for a factorio server tho.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

i don't think i can be of any more help. hope someone can jump in and advise you.

Return to “Technical Help”