Version 0.16.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.19

Post by Tricorius »

Klonan wrote:
When the team loses, they will be disbanded, and so they will all have to join a new team, and their old factory will come under the ownership of the team that defeated them
:: sigh :: I really need to figure out a way to get better internet. The main option is “don’t live so far outside the city”. But it is so nice out here. Maybe my current internet speeds are enough for multiplayer.

I’m so very tempted to start up a Factorio server. Hmmmm...is Factorio worth a move likely to cost tens of thousands of dollars?

Yes, I think it just might be. :)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Tricorius wrote:
Klonan wrote:
When the team loses, they will be disbanded, and so they will all have to join a new team, and their old factory will come under the ownership of the team that defeated them
:: sigh :: I really need to figure out a way to get better internet. The main option is “don’t live so far outside the city”. But it is so nice out here. Maybe my current internet speeds are enough for multiplayer.

I’m so very tempted to start up a Factorio server. Hmmmm...is Factorio worth a move likely to cost tens of thousands of dollars?

How bad of internet are we talking about?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Tricorius wrote:
Klonan wrote:

if you are on WiFi, going wired is a BIG step in the right direction.

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

Jap2.0 wrote: How bad of internet are we talking about?
Hmmm...well...I call it “redneck DSL”:

0.576/0.48 Mbps
impetus maximus wrote:
if you are on WiFi, going wired is a BIG step in the right direction.
In general, I agree with you. But my WiFi speeds *far* outperform my internet speeds. So wired would only matter if the server were in my house, and everyone was playing on a LAN. ;)

Let’s just say you get a little sad when internet speed tests suggest “others with similar performance” to include the International Space Station and long distance space probes. ;)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

WiFi is crap for gaming. i always know when someone on my server is using WiFi.
[edit] there is more to gaming than speed. such as latency, and packet loss. both of which are higher in WiFi.
wired will always be more stable and less rubber banding. period.
</rant>

Proculis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Proculis »

After updating to .19 (or any later version, for that matter), I get massive UPS drops. It feels as if I were in slow motion.
I made two screenshots, one before and one after .19, each with time usage and FPS/UPS on:
16.18.png
16.18.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 2772 times
16.21.png
16.21.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 2772 times
It seems as if something with entity update changed, though I don't remember reading it in the patch notes.
Has anyone else encountered similar performance issues?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You could try posting it in bug reports forum but it might be a "not a bug" category.
Looking at your base and the fact that some biter agro issues were fixed it might mean that all those biters are finally trying to attack you and since you made your base on island they are trying to path a lot and failing. So in a way it might be the result of you "hiding" from biters on an island.

Return to “Releases”