how long have you played factorio ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
chris0310
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chris0310 »

i personnaly played 2756 hours on factorio sins i bough it on steam and 179 hours the last two weeks ( thanks to the holydays ). i see a lot of people with 400-600 hours playing on some server, but never found some people crazy like me :lol:

just post yours hours to engage discussion and have fun ^^

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: how long have you played factorio ?

Post by eradicator »

I leave factorio running in background 24/7 just to boost my steam hours. I currently have 4792 hours.
Well. No. Ofc i don't. I don't even use steam for factorio. Most of the time i "spend on factorio" is time spent writing and debugging mods. Does that count? In that case i'd need a text editor with time tracking, but an estimate would probably be 2k-ish, unless you count time spent on the forums, helping other ppl, in that case add another 1k. And by the way one year has about 10000 hours if you work a 40 day week. And the devs are likely doing more. Do they count :P? I find time spent on a single map much more relevant than time total. 600h on one map means you are likely to have managed to build a megafactory, and probably not on the first try. I'm sorry. I just don't like steam hours, they mean nothing. Probably shouldn't have posted this :P.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

I have 367 hours on Steam, and I don't remember how much before Steam. I wish I had more time to play this fantastic game...

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Yeah my wish too. Got to pull an all nighter every Friday just to get my proper dose of Cracktorio.

Found the game May 2016 about iirc. Played about 5 maps with 5 days game time and currently 2 maps with 8 days each. Thats 900 hours I know of for a fact, then there is the almost 3 weeks straight game time for LAN and multiplayer and a couple hours more for all the bases I started and burned down halfway... almost 3000 hours? Seems about right. No Steam.

I say again, Factorio is the best game ever. Proud to be a spaghetti boi. Lol

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by neoc »

Not long enough ;)

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Man's got to go to work too sometimes. Lol. I work away a lot.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

About 500 hours.
No idling, pure playtime.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

I bought the game when there was still multi purchase options, so a long god dam time ago. I have played quite a lot, but the computer I originally installed it to is on the verge of death, so I haven't even touched the game since it went HD, just in case it crashed and burned. 500 hours...maybe?
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

eradicator wrote:And by the way one year has about 10000 hours if you work a 40 day week.
A year only has 8760 hours... :) a full time job is about 2k hrs per year. (and if it was really a 40 DAY week, it'd be more like 16k hours :D )

I think most of my maps have 200-400 hours on them, and I think it's been about 5 or so maps. So 1-2k hours for me since (I think) 0.11.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

I quit my job to chill a bit and play factorio almost 24/7 for those 4 months. When I wasn't playing I tried to mod. Oh how I miss the times...

Bokkie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bokkie »

612 hours so far.

Quake2, Diablo 1 & 2 are the only games that beat those numbers. (Diablo 3 didn't get over 500 hours before I was bored with it.)

cvkurt
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cvkurt »

Approaching 1200 hours (playtime, no idling... doesn't count hours spent researching things outside of the game) ... in a little over a year... on about a half dozen fairly well developed maps. Just started a new map which I plan to slowly build into a megabase of some sort.

I don't know I manage both Factorio and my day job... :geek:
Last edited by cvkurt on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

for too long am now dead inside

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I can't pull a purchase date out of the steam mobile app but I think I started in .12 whenever that was.

EDIT: looks like I bought it in May 2014, so 0.9. I don't think I really played it though until 0.12

Steam does say I've played 472 hours though and the vast bulk of that is real play time. I almost never feel the need to idle. I've also almost never played outside of steam, though I've probably played a bit in offline mode which doesn't get counted.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Around 1k hours playing Factorio (Steam + pre-Steam)
Around 4k hours moderating the forum :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Koub wrote:Around 1k hours playing Factorio (Steam + pre-Steam)
A long time then ;)
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

I'm at 550 hours in Steam before they had the anti-virus software thing going on in 0.14 that wouldn't let me launch the game and I switched to standalone. Since then I've completed Bob mods a few times, Vanilla 0.15, Angel Bob in 0.14 and 0.15, SpaceX and Seablock. Currently on an 0.16 Megabase where I'm trying to get down to <5 minutes per rocket (no matter how much I try to increase green circuits, they are never enough. Can't get above 2k/minute right now). I added it all up before completing Seablock and I was at like 800-1000 hours outside of Steam and I'm at 34 hours on 0.16. So total like 1500 hours-ish since June 2016.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Koub wrote:Around 1k hours playing Factorio (Steam + pre-Steam)
Dont tell kovarex you played at work then :D Hm you joined 2014, are you not fulltime @wube?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Nope, just a random guy with a full time job who thinks Factorio deserves the best conditions to become the gem it can be. As I don't have the skills to join the dev team (and also already have a job that pays decently), I applied to help keep the forum clean and tidy.

And there is absolutely no way I could play at work XD. Also I mostly moderate on my free time, very seldom at work.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

several hundred hours, mostly non-steam, no idea really, dont know where i could check. (i use the zip download and delete and rebuild the game each time there is a release)

to me this is a legos game, where i can build up and knock down huge piles at once.
My goal while playing is figuring out optimal base layouts that scale with belts. (custom maps with custom starting resource pools, etc)

Return to “General discussion”