[16.16] ctrl+right-click works oddly with non-stacking items

Bugs that are actually features.
ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[16.16] ctrl+right-click works oddly with non-stacking items

Post by ManaUser »

Normally ctrl+right-click means transfer half. But it does unexpected things when the items involved don't stack (e.g. artillery shells or nuclear fuel). Note that this normally doesn't have anything to do with stack size (that would be shift+right-click), so I don't see why it should be different.

I'm gonna list go through some of the different situations, comparing what normally happens with what happens with non-stacking items:

Ctrl+Right-Clicking an item in your inventory or container:
Expected result: Half the items are transferred.
Actual result: All the items are transferred.

Ctrl+Right-Clicking a container in front of you:
Expected result: Half the items are taken.
Actual result: All the items are taken.

Ctrl+Right-Clicking the ammo slot of a turret:
Expected result: Half the ammo is taken.
Actual result: One shell is taken.

Ctrl+Right-Clicking a turret in front of you:
Expected result: Half the ammo is taken.
Actual result: One shell is taken.

So this might actually be two bugs, one with non-stacking items in general, one the special ammo slot for artillery. But in both cases the result is unexpected, and I would say usually undesirable.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.16] ctrl+right-click works oddly with non-stacking items

Post by Loewchen »

The rule is, it will transfer half of every stack (of one type if clicked on specifically), rounded down but at least one item, I don't see any of your examples breaking that.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [16.16] ctrl+right-click works oddly with non-stacking items

Post by ManaUser »

Loewchen wrote:The rule is, it will transfer half of every stack (of one type if clicked on specifically), rounded down but at least one item, I don't see any of your examples breaking that.
So basically ctrl+right-clicking just automates shift+right-clicking every stack? Huh. I guess that does explain the behavior, but I still think it would be unexpected by most players the first time the encounter it, and that it's kind of a poor result.

Return to “Not a bug”