Can anyone figure out what this bot's problem is?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Can anyone figure out what this bot's problem is?

Post by ManaUser »

StuckBot.jpg
StuckBot.jpg (150.37 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
Highlighted:
Construction Bot holding a Laser Turret.
Storage Chest with plenty of space.
"Insufficient logistic network storage space" warning.

I'm still kind of a noob, so I don't want to jump the gun on reporting a bug, but I can't figure out what's going on here. This is on an isolated logistic network, just the one roboport. And the bot's just sitting there. Honestly I didn't notice how it happened to end up carrying a laser turret in the first place. Perhaps I placed a turret ghost and then ended up building it manually before the bot got there? Not sure. The chest is not filtered and in fact already contains a laser turret, as well as a few walls and repair packs. So why's the bot freaking out?

Oh, and to add insult to injury, the copper behind the bot stops me from grabbing the stupid thing out of the air.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can anyone figure out what this bot's problem is?

Post by Loewchen »

You do not show that there is enough storage available.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Also there have been a lot of fixes to logistics chests in the last few weeks. if your play 0.16, and not on the latest version, you might want to update.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

Loewchen wrote:You do not show that there is enough storage available.
PlentyOfSpace.jpg
PlentyOfSpace.jpg (183.28 KiB) Viewed 8176 times
But I guess it doesn't matter now. I still don't really understand what happened but after a while the bot "woke up", perhaps pressed into action by low batteries. And then it started flying off south-west. So best I can figure it was really a member of a different logistic network, which, I assume, was out of storage space. How it came to be where it was, and carrying a turret is still a mystery to me though.

Ishimuro
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ishimuro »

if u setup 2 logistic networks may be like:

YYY
XYX
XYX
XXX

the bot deconnstruct sth at one side of X, fly to the storage box at the other side but then the X network run out of storage, it just wait at the area of Y but won't unload or recharge there?

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

Most likely you have separate logistic network nearby and construction bot is assigned to that other network which doesn't have spare storage chest.

While construction bots have bigger range than logistic bots and it can overlap with other networks, they still 'belong' to smaller area just as logistic bots when it comes to storing and picking up material for construction.

Return to “Gameplay Help”