Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by eformo »

jodokus31 wrote:
ReasonX wrote:Hello Angel, thanks your for your mods.
I have one question. Fluoric water who generated by floating cells(Jivolite hydro refining) not enough for making same amount jivolite crystals in leaching plant.
So it was planned?
I cannot say, if it planned like this, but there are several ways to deal with it (unless something change, which I didnt notice yet):
- Use more chunks than crystals (usually, you dont need to convert everything to crystals or further)
- Sort for fluorite ore, if you need more.
- Slag Processing can also yield fluorite.
Slag processing will get a little extra fluorite. But you can also get the HF you need directly by cracking Acid Gas from oil refining. That will provide both H2SO4 (useful for many things) and HF for the leaching plant to generate jivolite crystals.

tensaigan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tensaigan »

Frostfury wrote:Hello Arch666Angel,

i have a Question. Did you Update your "Angel's Components and Tech Beta" , "Angel's Exploration Beta" and "Angel's Logistic Beta" .

Thanks for the Answer :)
Sorry for hijacking,
He's still working on it and it will come with all the other overhaul stuff. There is currently no ETA.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

New Angel's Bio Processing update brought to us - milk! Wow! Where we'll be able to use this specific fluid?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

darkszero
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darkszero »

Do you plan on ever making petrochen optional for the smelting mod? I really love refining+smelting, but I'd like to lower the complexity of the game a bit.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

One small issue with angelsbioprocessing_0.5.0, the circuit-paper-board recipe produces circuit-wood-fiber-board items. I'm playing with bobelectronics, so was expecting it to make wooden-boards, like the old cellulose-fiber + alginic acid recipe did.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Trainwreck wrote:One small issue with angelsbioprocessing_0.5.0, the circuit-paper-board recipe produces circuit-wood-fiber-board items. I'm playing with bobelectronics, so was expecting it to make wooden-boards, like the old cellulose-fiber + alginic acid recipe did.
I also thought about this, since I really like the idea to play without greenhouse. The Cellulose Fiber Board seems to be used nowhere.
I figured out, theres an alternate way to create wooden boards from algae: from cellulose fiber and cellulose paste, which needs sodium hydroxide from saline water electrolysis with excess hydrogen and chlorine. But I dont know, if this option is good enough f.e. for seablock scenario.

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FactorioParadox »

I'm back with a few questions for 0.16:

1. What's the advantage of Angel's Construction and Cargo robots over their vanilla counterparts?
2. Does Exploration do anything other than add a tank?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

FactorioParadox wrote:I'm back with a few questions for 0.16:

1. What's the advantage of Angel's Construction and Cargo robots over their vanilla counterparts?
You get them much earlier, they are superslow but the cargobot can carry full stack of items.
You stop using them usually when you get normal or bobs bots.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Termak wrote:
FactorioParadox wrote:I'm back with a few questions for 0.16:

You get them much earlier, they are superslow but the cargobot can carry full stack of items.
You stop using them usually when you get normal or bobs bots.
You shouldnt because they are still superior to normal or even bobs bots, but you have to set them up that they can haul full stacks.

DofD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DofD »

Hey there
Just wanted to ask if the following string errors are due to the ALPHA nature of the mod or if this is caused by another mod. Just so i can cross out the mod itself for this error. So not shure if this might also be worth a bug report in the appropriate thread ;)

Frost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frost »

Ok, I also have 2 questions:
Is there a change log or something for the new farming stuff? I seem to have missed it or can not find it. Its not in the stickied thread.
What do I need to do to get the logistics going? My game is on hold until the official update, but I would like to continue the current map.

Eunomiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eunomiac »

I'm a little bit confused about Small Alien Artifacts---as I'll explain in a sec, they're a huge headache and I can't ifgure out what they're for. But since I love absolutely everything you've done with every one of your mods, Arch666Angel, I'm convinced I'm either missing something, or some other mod I have installed is quietly mucking things up (maybe overwriting research techs or recipes?).

First Issue: Small Alien Artifacts are everywhere!
They're automatically picked up whenever I walk near them, which has become a real headache what with my inventory constantly filling up while I'm out stomping biter bases. I've filled nearly two whole Warehouses with them.

Second Issue: I can't for the life of me figure out what they're for. The only technology that references them is "Alien Bio Processing", which is a dead-end tech that teaches you how to make Alien Bacteria, then use that to make generic Alien Pre-Artifacts, and then use those plus some metals and cut gems (!) to make colored Alien Pre-Artifacts, and then use those to... create more small alien artifacts?

I've heard rumors (from a year or so ago) that they're intended to be combined to make the larger artifacts? If so, can anyone shed light on why I can't find the tech or recipe for this? (And even if that's true, I have so many of the larger artifacts already, I hardly need more of them.)

I've looked through the options, and can't find anything related to Angles Mods that mentions Small Alien Artifacts. There are settings related to Bobs Mods that toggle artifacts (including small alien artifacts) on or off. The default setting was off; turning it on didn't make any new recipes or techs appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If worse comes to worst, is there a way to disable them without losing any other parts from your fantastic mods?

Thanks!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Small alien artifacts are part of bobs mods and can be combined to make large alien artifacts that would be used in research and a few recipes. There should be a setting for alien research that would enable the the tech to combine small artifacts into large and use the large in a bunch of extra science packs

Bortos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bortos »

Eunomiac wrote:Any help would be greatly appreciated! If worse comes to worst, is there a way to disable them without losing any other parts from your fantastic mods?
Eunomiac I had the same issue. I'd played bobs mods without angels before, so I know the recipe exists to combine them. After searching the forums lots I've found posts that say you need to toggle them in the bobs mods config options, in mod settings. I already had that setting correct anyway. Sadly those settings cant be changed in an existing game, if that is your problem.

I eventually searched for it in the mod and found the culprit.
This was the change I made (commented out lines): https://imgur.com/JpPFDP7
File: angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1\prototypes\bio-processing-override.lua

In case the link goes down, I commented the following lines:

Code: Select all

--if bobmods.enemies then
         --OV.disable_technology({ "big-alien-artifacts" })  
         --OV.disable_recipe({"alien-artifact-red", "alien-artifact-yellow", "alien-artifact-orange", "alien-artifact-blue", "alien-artifact-purple", "alien-artifact-green", "alien-artifact"})
      --end
The research and recipes should be available, iirc. I'm still waiting for logistics to update to .16 before I will continue playing so I can't say for certain if that is all you need to do. I'll probably disable small artifacts from enemies in future as there's just too much of them

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

0.15 version of bio had the bug from when they removed the artifacts, that it readded them back to the game no matter if they were initially enabled in bobs. So if you disabled them in bobs settings you end up with a lot of useless junk because of that. I fixed that for 0.16 it's now checking for the presence of the artifacts and then will add the techs and recipes.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

darkszero wrote:Do you plan on ever making petrochen optional for the smelting mod? I really love refining+smelting, but I'd like to lower the complexity of the game a bit.
No smelting needs a lot of the base chemicals that petrochem provides.
Trainwreck wrote:One small issue with angelsbioprocessing_0.5.0, the circuit-paper-board recipe produces circuit-wood-fiber-board items. I'm playing with bobelectronics, so was expecting it to make wooden-boards, like the old cellulose-fiber + alginic acid recipe did.
Should be fixed with 0.5.1
Light wrote:I like the new bioprocessing. The rarity of the gardens was nice for exploring incentive, but there were three issues:

1. Swamp trees appear but not their gardens
2. Seed cultivation creates 0 or 5 bio tokens, not 1.2 as shown.
3. Garden into seeds is also inconsistent and showed me this after doing one:

I feel cultivation should be available from the start given the rarity of the gardens and their 5% success rate to duplicate. Balance otherwise seems alright thus far as gardening takes a long time like the real thing. After many hours I can see the gardens starting to slowly flourish as a supplemental supply line to the main system.
2. You will always get 5 Seeds, but they have different probabilities to drop and the game multiplies the chance to drop with the amount:

{
	  {type="item", name="token-bio", amount=16},
      {type="item", name="temperate-1-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.4},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-2-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.3},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-3-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.2},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-4-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.1},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-5-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.05},
    },

{
      {type="item", name="temperate-1-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.8},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-2-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.6},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-3-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.4},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-4-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.2},
	  {type="item", name="temperate-5-seed", amount=5, probability = 0.1},
    },
Frost wrote:Ok, I also have 2 questions:
Is there a change log or something for the new farming stuff? I seem to have missed it or can not find it. Its not in the stickied thread.
What do I need to do to get the logistics going? My game is on hold until the official update, but I would like to continue the current map.
There are no changelogs posted yet, I added them to the .zip for the other mods but bio is still missing them. From the amount of changes: just treat it as you would a new mod, because that's what it basically is.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Loving the new bio over here! :lol:

Just got an evil suggestion: If you want to make garden cultivation even harder and prevent players from just rushing into it (as currently it only requires time) you could make the recipe include fertilizer?

Also, paper bleaching recipes would be a great place to use hydrogen peroxide, that's where 60% of the world's use of the chemical goes...

kenken244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenken244 »

the composting recipes each use only 1 unit of fluid, which is really low, considering just about every other recipe involving fluid uses at least 10, and often around 100.

also random idea, can we get some way to turn wood products into coke? I know coal would be overpowered because of the multitude of things you can do with raw coal, especially producing sulfur from nothing, but coke mostly can be used to make carbon, which is about the only remaining organic product that can't be produced through bioprocessing.

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

Is the latest bioprocessing compatible with science cost tweaker? I'm unable to put the bio processing science packs into my labs.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Zephyrinius wrote:Is the latest bioprocessing compatible with science cost tweaker? I'm unable to put the bio processing science packs into my labs.
SCT wasn't updated by the author since quite some time, so if angel added a new pack, no it wouldn't be compatible. The 0.16 release of SCT was only to make it compatible with 0.16, no new feature.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Angels Mods”