Automatic Tree/rock/water Clearing

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Carl
Inserter
Inserter

Automatic Tree/rock/water Clearing

Post by Carl »

TL;DR
A suggestion for a blueprint compatible way of automating logistics network based tree and rock clearing and, (assuming the bots can do it), filling of water space.

What ?
This would be really simple. Every roboport would have a blueprint rememberable set of tickboxes, (3 to be exact), added to it's UI. Possibly these could also be enabled for circuit network toggling too.
Each would, (when on), cause the roboport to clear one of the three previously mentioned types, (filling water with landfill in waters case).
Why ?
One of the biggest micro chores later in the game as your factory grows is to clear out the junk so you can fit more stuff in. This would allow your factory to do this autonomously just by expanding your logistics network, in fact with shift+left-click you could place entire factory sections down via blueprint and leave the logistics system to it. Certainly the filter functionality of deconstruction blueprints makes this much easier than it once was, but for larger expansions it can still be relatively annoying as your having to estimate required area, somthing like this would allow the area to grow in direct relation to how much your using.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Automatic Tree/rock/water Clearing

Post by Engimage »

You can already automaticly remove trees/rocks by bots. You need to use deconstruction planner for this or Shift+click blueprint to mark all conflicting trees/rocks for deconstruction before building. Be aware that you need area to be covered by bot construction area (prom personal or stationary roboports) and for stationary ones you also need a storage chest in the logistic area of the same logistic network, where bots will put wood/stones.

Placing landfill using blueprints was disabled on purpose (it was available when first introduced) to prevent players from creating mid-lake safe heavens.
I still question this decision but anyways it happened.

Carl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Carl »

I'm fully aware if that, i even reference it in the OP. But if your trying to clear out a decent sized area it can add upto a lot of extra work and guesstimating about how much area you need to clear. Being able to do that just by shift click placing the roboport+power states or even a big piece of the factory would take a lot of fiddling around out of thing. The Deconstruction planner is fine at small scales, at larger scales it's severely fiddly.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The blueprint printer can do tree and rock removal. As for water removal try out my landfiller mod.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”