Topics and discussion about specific mods
Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Neemys »

mrvn wrote:
Neemys wrote: I tried without success :
  • Changing the circuit to issue order every 60 ticks (more often).
  • Changing hauler for new one in case old one are bugged.
  • Changing the order to use hauler id instead of unit id to assign order.
  • Offset the target position by different value to avoid being blocked by getting stuck.
It's getting tedious to check for hauler stuck so I set up alert if hauler/miner have too many resource to detect when they are stuck. But it 's also tedious to go to map and manually move them to unstuck them everytime one decide to not move.

The max structure par tick in mod option is set to 0.

Someone have a solution to that ? Maybe I have done something wrong ?
Unlikely but make sure neither X nor Y are 0.
Neemys wrote:(...)
He is not looking for a path. I tried something else. While one hauler was stuck, I ploped down a constant combinator and a unit combinator and try sending him an order by setting the order on the combinator and wiring it to the unit controller, the hauler don't move an inch. Oddly enough, he doesn't even respond to direct remote controller order anymore after doing this. The hauler seem to ignore/don't receive order.
(...)
I made sure that the direct order I sent him have an x and an y ;)

What I could see is the problem seem to reside in my save as I don't have this problem when I start another game. I haven't change my combinator setup since 50+ hours and was working great for the first 20+ hours.

My whole miner/hauler logic will be redone shortly now, if the problem is still here after that I will try to debug to be able to send a proper bug report to Earendel.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

When you redo your setup connect every controller to a power pole. That way you can read the signals the controller gets by hovering over the power pole.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

mrvn wrote:When you redo your setup connect every controller to a power pole. That way you can read the signals the controller gets by hovering over the power pole.
I already do that if needed. As I already stated, the circuit setup don't have any problem. It was working fine before and is working fine in a new save.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Templarfreak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Templarfreak »

I've grabbed a few blueprints off of here, so I figure I should give one back. This is a Hauler loop that has some fairly simple but useful behavior:

1. When it's assigned Miner is low on fuel, it will go to it.
2. If it picked up ore along the way (Currently set to iron ore but it's easy to change), first it will go to Zone Tile 1, then to Tile 2.
3. Once there is no more ore, it will return to Tile 1.
4. It also won't be constantly issued a move order like the example Hauler loop.

This way, you can set a more distinct path for the Hauler so it can go around all of your machines and equipment, so it won't run into them. Then it will return to that tile which you can use to load fuel up into the Hauler, so you don't have to store fuel in your Depot. Just due to the way the pathfinding works, it isn't *perfect* but it seems to avoid running into machinery relatively easily. This took me quite a few hours because I'm new to circuits, but I think it's pretty okay. You do have to have at least 2 separate control towers so the inputs of the same color do not cross. I went with 3 just to be safe. Also, it'd probably be pretty damn difficult to further expand upon considering it's a mess in the first place. But maybe it can inspire somebody to make a much simpler version that would also be easier to expand upon with more tiles for a more complex path.

Blueprint:
Blueprint
Note that the Blueprint is for Factorio 0.15 and Programmable Vehicles/Structures 0.3.25/0.3.8. Power cables aren't included because it was a pain in the ass to trace through all of the red/green cables with a third set of cables further clustering things.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I would like to see a hauler setup that goes to the miner, then back to zone n, then n-1, ... 3, 2, 1 and then revers 1, 2, 3,... n. Where n is the number of zones placed. That way as you expand your base you can just add more way points to keep the hauler from bumping into things without having to reprogramm the circuit logics every time.

drkusa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drkusa »

This looks fascinating, but I'm unable to get two components to work. AAI Progammable Vehicles and AAI Vehicles Miner will not load.

I'm using Factorio v. 0.15.37 (Build 30927, Win64, Steam).
In the mods list, AAI Programmable Vehicles and AAI Vehicles Miner show in RED.

In the AAI Programmable Vehicles section, all items are white except for these:

In RED:
data-raw-prototypes>=0.3.1
detached-gun-sounds>=0.2.1
off-grid-effects>=0.2.1

In YELLOW:
? aai-industry>=0.3.1
? aai-vehicles>=0.2.1
? aai-vehicles-tumbler>=0.2.1
? aai-warden>=0.2.1
? aai-bullet-tracks>=0.2.1
? walls-block-splitters>=0.1.1

In the AAI Vehicles Miner section, one line is in RED: data-raw-prototypes>=0.3.1

The hauler and chaingunner along with scanners and controllers appear in the crafting menu but not the miner, depot, deployer, etc.

I'm guessing that the RED items are required and missing, but the YELLOW items, also missing, are optional. Is that correct?

Is there some other element I need to download to complete the operation?

Please advise....I'd really like to try the programmable vehicles out. I suspect they may fill a need where I need to haul stuff but not enough to justify a rail infrastrucure.

drkusa

drkusa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drkusa »

Never mind. I figured out how to get the missing parts. I have them installed and researched now. All that remains is to learn how to use them!

drkusa

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

Could it be possible to add a fluid vehicle? In my minds eye I see a water tower type building that fills tanker trucks. I know how tricky it can be to deal with transferring liquids, but something like this would be super great for angel's petrochemicals because of the small quantities of many different liquids.

OrxaGrondii
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OrxaGrondii »

With this mod active i have reduced type of weapon on tank (only obus) can you fix it ?

And with the tank mod, there is no opportunity to fire at all with the normal tank ...

(All these remark concern the "standard" tank of factorio,

Thanks for you support

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

Right now there seems to be a serious problem with how the mod interacts with vehicles that have multiple weapons. I think the mod makes its own entitty with the single weapon which works fine, but when driving a vehicle, I cannot use any of the other weapons. Quite game-breaking as is.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

It seems most scanners have a major issue with wire hitboxes when placed on resources.

For some reason, resources seem to have higher "z-order" when receiving mouse focus. As a result, it's nearly impossible to find that exact pixel that I must click to connect the wires.

The solution is obvious - place everything outside of resource patches - but still annoying. And I guess for someone who plays on ultra rich map settings that will make the mod nigh-unplayable.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Not saying it isn't a problem but if you have so many resources you can't place the scanner somewhere else then why do you need a scanner?

Put down a miner anywhere (since everywhere are resources) and let it clear a bit of ground for the scanner. :)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

mrvn wrote:Not saying it isn't a problem but if you have so many resources you can't place the scanner somewhere else then why do you need a scanner?

Put down a miner anywhere (since everywhere are resources) and let it clear a bit of ground for the scanner. :)
Scanning Enemies ? Rare resources ? Or maybe playing with a mod that restrict placement and was unlucky to have resource where he can build ?

Yeah removing resources whith miner will work but it take time.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

Neemys wrote:Scanning Enemies ? Rare resources ? Or maybe playing with a mod that restrict placement and was unlucky to have resource where he can build ?
Or just experimenting with the mod after downloading it, building on a coal patch to keep everything (from scanners to scanned resources to placed zones to miners to depots) within easy reach, and suffering through horrible wire connectivity for ~10 minutes, muttering obscenities about mod author, before finally understanding where the problem really is and moving my testing setup off-patch. :-D

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Does the same happen with a constant combinator? How do they differ in the layers?

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

mrvn wrote:Does the same happen with a constant combinator? How do they differ in the layers?
Combinators placed on the ore patch are ok, there are no issues there.

No idea about the layers - I've glanced through lua prototypes, but cannot see any glaring differences.

Thedrah
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thedrah »

sorry if i missed something, didn't read the whole thread. but i'd like to suggest a way to break down vehicles for storage or something for when you have too many out for what you need done. and to be able to have something that links up with other vehicles like a wench or something to tow a vehicle, possibly add something for storage like a trailer/flatbed. i'm also having difficulty playing around with haulers vs other vehicles, could they have multiple tiers like the mining vehicle for a larger storage (maybe nerf the first one) then increase speed, efficiency, and larger modular grid? and same for the depots, i feel they could be more fleshed out. the warden has a larger radius for collecting items so i feel to use mining vehicles > warden > hauler > depot. i'm not using the war vehicles much yet but will try to figure them out.

instead of tiers, could they use upgrades through the modular grid? such as better engines, better weapons(can vehicle modular grid item increase shooting speed or bullet damage?), or larger cargo space
maybe have the player build a vehicle shell that he adds to it through the modular grid. tougher/larger grid from better materials

imagine building a steel/plastic vehicle frame, building and setting in the biggest motor you can make, then have it hook up to a flatbed and have truck stops. larger space but slow, but can connect and disconnect from a trailer. maybe an electric drive train with a coal powered turbine
basicly an alternative to a train system but instead of a railway, have roads. is it possible to put stuff on the modular grid automatically? like exchange solar panels for something else

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thedrah wrote:sorry if i missed something, didn't read the whole thread. but i'd like to suggest a way to break down vehicles for storage or something for when you have too many out for what you need done. and to be able to have something that links up with other vehicles like a wench or something to tow a vehicle, possibly add something for storage like a trailer/flatbed. i'm also having difficulty playing around with haulers vs other vehicles, could they have multiple tiers like the mining vehicle for a larger storage (maybe nerf the first one) then increase speed, efficiency, and larger modular grid? and same for the depots, i feel they could be more fleshed out. the warden has a larger radius for collecting items so i feel to use mining vehicles > warden > hauler > depot. i'm not using the war vehicles much yet but will try to figure them out.

instead of tiers, could they use upgrades through the modular grid? such as better engines, better weapons(can vehicle modular grid item increase shooting speed or bullet damage?), or larger cargo space
maybe have the player build a vehicle shell that he adds to it through the modular grid. tougher/larger grid from better materials

imagine building a steel/plastic vehicle frame, building and setting in the biggest motor you can make, then have it hook up to a flatbed and have truck stops. larger space but slow, but can connect and disconnect from a trailer. maybe an electric drive train with a coal powered turbine
basicly an alternative to a train system but instead of a railway, have roads. is it possible to put stuff on the modular grid automatically? like exchange solar panels for something else
You can set vehicles to follow another. Select a bunch of vehicles with your remote controller and the shift click on another vehicle. They will then form a circle around that vehicle and follow it. Also works on players. Have your own personal warden follow you around. It can also be programmed through the unit controller.

Note: Following doesn't search for a path. It simply goes straight to the destination so it bumps into things or gets stuck behind water. Keep extra distance from obstacles.

There are other mods that add vehicle grids and compatibility mods for AAI. Although installing vehicle shields means you can no longer just plow through trees.

KyleSpades
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KyleSpades »

Hey dudes

Earendel, thank you for this freaking awesome mod.

Out of curiosity, do you plan on updating it to 0.16?

Cheers mate

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

KyleSpades wrote:Hey dudes

Earendel, thank you for this freaking awesome mod.

Out of curiosity, do you plan on updating it to 0.16?

Cheers mate
It will be updated. 0.16 should let me make some changes that weren't possible before so the update will probably have some new features. I'll be updating Alien Biomes first. Unfortunately I've been ill recently so haven't been able to make a start yet.

Return to “Mods”