Nanobots Issue

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
KiiNGKiiLL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nanobots Issue

Post by KiiNGKiiLL »

I'm sure this is a simple issue and it's probably easy to fix, but for some reason I cannot get the bots to deploy. I know you're supposed to have the emitter equipped with either termite or construction nanos, however they refuse to deploy. I can press space or C on certain things and have a poof of what I'm assuming is nanos, but they don't do anything and from what I could find on them, all I'm doing is wasting ammo. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how I can go about fixing it?
CLICK ME!!!
Help me win a giveaway and use this link to register on player.me
Look for "Claim Your Player Name," then register as usual

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Nanobots Issue

Post by bobingabout »

Argh, my eyes!
Light green on light grey? that is impossible to read, and actually painful to look at it!

Unless there is an explicit need to use a specific colour text, please just leave the colour to automatic default, it will be white on dark theme, and black on light theme, so everyone can read it without issues.

One copy paste later...

Are you talking about a mod you're writing (as I would expect in the topic about help with modding subforum), or using a mod that someone else wrote?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

KiiNGKiiLL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KiiNGKiiLL »

1. For me, it's pastel green on a medium-dark gray. I'm using the Factorio board theme due to the other two being incredibly hideous to look at design wise and way too bright to comfortably enjoy browsing during the evening hours. I'm assuming you're using one of those two bright ones otherwise this part of the conversation wouldn't be happening.
Not to mention, medium-dark to dark gray is where every pastel color looks amazing. Just sayin'.

Also, my reasoning for doing it is because for as long as I can remember, whenever I'm active on a forum, I usually use colored text to depict whatever mood I may be in during that post or over the course of a browsing/posting session.
While it may not seem all that important to you, it's become second nature to me and could almost be described as a ritual. Regardless, I'll try and do my best to avoid using any kind of color while in this part of the forum.

This is what it looks like to me.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked we were in Contributions, Modding Discussions, and uh, Modding Discussion.
Sure, I could have placed it in "Modding Help," where it might have been a better idea to do so seeing as the description to that sub-forum clearly states, "Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface."
Maybe I'm mistaken, but even if I hadn't missed "Modding Help" by literally one sub-forum, had I placed it there, I still would've been in the right place seeing as the issue I'm facing has to do with a mod... you know... not working.
Or at least not working fully/the way it should be. Either way, what you said and how you said it made it seem as if I missed the mark by an entire section of the forum when I nearly hit the nail flush.

Aaaaaaanyway, I apologize for coming off half-cocked. You caught me at a bad time and in an even worse mood. What do you say we get back to the topic I posted this thread about.

I figured the Nanobot mod was a super popular mod among Factorian modders. I figured bringing up the Nanobot emitter and both type of nanos was enough to describe the mod. It's by Nexela and they're early-game robots that you can use to construct blueprints, that have been laid down as long as you have the resources/machines in your inventory, or to cut down trees quickly.

Having the emitter equipped is supposed to cause the nanos to work automatically as you pass by trees or blueprints. Neither one of those two things work for me and I can't seem to find the solution. I checked the options to the mod and there was an option that switched between automatic and manual nanos. I made sure it was set to automatic thinking that's what the issue was, but when I got back into game, it still refused to work. I came here to find the solution to the issue because I know there's someone lurking around this forum that knows the answer, so here I wait.

Again, I apologize for the half-cocked response.
CLICK ME!!!
Help me win a giveaway and use this link to register on player.me
Look for "Claim Your Player Name," then register as usual

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

Nanobots have a limited range.

Nanobots have a certain polling frequency - they don't activate as soon as something is within range, instead they check for buildable objects every N ticks or so.

Nanobots emitter must be equipped as a weapon, and matching nanobot type as it's ammo.

Nanobots have some configuration settings, personal equipment and research that control their interaction with logistic networks. If you're within a logistic network, that may be the factor.

Apart from that, I have no ideas.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Lav wrote:Nanobots have a limited range.
Nanobots emitter must be equipped as a weapon, and matching nanobot type as it's ammo.
Apart from that, I have no ideas.
Also the emitter (and construction ammo) needs to be the currently selected weapon

And to make sure the range is correct hold the construction ammo in your hands and hit the red X in the gui that pops up in the top left.

If those don't solve your problem post your save here so I can look into it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I must apologise as well for my ignorance in other people's mods.

I'm in one of those small areas where most of my attention to the game is managing my own mods, so I don't get much time to look at other people's mods, or play the game.

Note: I use a standard default theme for PHPBB systems. Also light text on dark causes banding in my vision and gives me a headache, hence why I use the light theme.
Anyway, this is what your post looks like to me.
screen.fw.png
screen.fw.png (112.75 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
I hope someone else can help you with your work.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding discussion”