[Solved] [0.15.40] Headless Server not starting

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
stormsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Solved] [0.15.40] Headless Server not starting

Post by stormsh »

Hello there fellow factorians. I run a factorio headless server. The last version was 0.15.37 and it was working perfekt. After the update, I replaces all files with the new ones put when I try to start the server with "sudo -H -u factorio /opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --start-server /opt/factorio/saves/Multiplayer.zip" I just get an error msg "command not found".
Did the commands for managing (start etc) the server change?

Thx 4 F1
Last edited by stormsh on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Headless Server 0.15.40 not starting

Post by Zavian »

I assume you have already checked that /opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio exists and that its permissions (and the permissions of all parent directories) are correct?

Because "command not found" makes me think that's where your error is.

stormsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stormsh »

Yes. First thing I checked. Twice. All files and folders have the same owner and group "factorio".
I run the server in a screen called "factorio-server". With "screen -S factorio_server" I create that screen. Does a screen need to have the same permissions as the process its running? I can't remember messing with screen permissions!?
Create screen, run commend, done, thank you, thats how I did it last time.
I just replaced the factorio server files (deleted the old ones, copied the new, no overrighting), changed the permissions (because I copy the files as a different user) and tried to start it in the screen. Hmmmmmmm.
Where else can there a problem?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I'm a linux noob but dont you have to specify the exe file extension instead of the just the name of the file in the path for the first sudo? so ".../x64/factorio.exe" ?
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

stormsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stormsh »

the factorio file has no extension. its name is just "factorio"

inick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by inick »

stormsh wrote:Hello there fellow factorians. I run a factorio headless server. The last version was 0.15.37 and it was working perfekt. After the update, I replaces all files with the new ones put when I try to start the server with "sudo -H -u factorio /opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --start-server /opt/factorio/saves/Multiplayer.zip" I just get an error msg "command not found".
Did the commands for managing (start etc) the server change?
Check on this.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=34445&p=299832#p299832

Been a sneaky devil and the devs appropriately cleared my assumption it is a bug, it's a "feature" in Linux. Blame Linux.

stormsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stormsh »

Ok. I am not that good around linux to see through and pinpoint the post straight to a solution.
I still don't understand why the headless 0.15.37 ran just fine and the 0.15.40 doesn't. I didn't restart the server hardware in over a year. And it is 64bit or the 0.15.37 couldn't have worked.
Can you help me with the solution? Please?

Thx 4 F1.

st.

stormsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stormsh »

Hello there again. First: Server works again!

A friend helped me with the symlink thing, but it didn't work. That is not the problem. I uploaded the files from the 0.15.40 server again and now I get a different error msg:

0.000 Error Util.cpp:62: There is no package core in /usr/share/factorio

After a quick look this had to do with the cfg wich was overwritten. Still don't know the reason for the command not found.

Return to “Technical Help”