Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.15.36] Deconstruction planner behavior

Post by daniel34 »

Steps to replicate:
  • Cut a tree and harvest fish
  • Press B (or open the blueprint menu) and get a deconstruction planner
  • Right-click the deconstruction planner
You can now drag-and-drop* items that should be filtered. However when trying to drag-and-drop wood or fish then the selection dialog pops up.

Expected result: Wood and Fish should work as filters, since they both occur as visible items.

(*) in this case drag-and-drop means clicking the source item, then clicking the target place.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.36] Deconstruction planner behavior

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working as intended. The wood item and fish item don't build wood or fish so the game has no way to know that's what you want to filter. Multiple types of trees produce the same wood and multiple types of fish can produce the same fish item (should multiple fish exist).

The "select by the item in the cursor" mechanic works off the thing the item builds and in those two instances they don't build anything so they don't select anything.

You have to use the normal pop-up GUI to select the corresponding entities you want selected.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Would adding any entities that produce the item as a `minable.result` (as well as any entity with the item's name) cause a problem?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

quyxkh wrote:Would adding any entities that produce the item as a `minable.result` (as well as any entity with the item's name) cause a problem?
There are already entities that produce the items as a minable.result - that's how you get the items now :)

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Sorry, I meant to say when you drop an item on the decon-planner gui it adds filters not just for entities that item constructs to but also entities that deconstruct to it when mined, so dropping raw-wood adds all the trees to the decon filter because their minable.result is raw-wood, stone adds the big rocks whatever they're called, etc.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Y'know, in principle, it SHOULD be possible to make it work that way-when (ab)using the upgrade planner mod, if you tell it to replace "wood" with "deconstruction planner", it successfully deletes all trees highlighted, and sends the wood to your inventory.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report however this is working as intended. The wood item and fish item don't build wood or fish so the game has no way to know that's what you want to filter. Multiple types of trees produce the same wood and multiple types of fish can produce the same fish item (should multiple fish exist).

The "select by the item in the cursor" mechanic works off the thing the item builds and in those two instances they don't build anything so they don't select anything.

You have to use the normal pop-up GUI to select the corresponding entities you want selected.
Scenario:
1) Have full inventory.
2) Assembly machine has a full stack of one component needed for crafting operation (like iron gears).
3) Click the button to change what the machine crafts.
4) Watch ground get covered with items, some 'hidden' under the edge of various machines.
5) Pull out trusty deconstruction planner to tell your bots to pick up the mess
6) Find out you cannot put iron gears as a filter on the planner even though area selection allows marking items on the ground for collection.

Any chance this will be fixed? With mods, the 'stack' of items can become literally thousands of items, which are a problem in an array of assembly machines.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

starxplor wrote:Any chance this will be fixed? With mods, the 'stack' of items can become literally thousands of items, which are a problem in an array of assembly machines.
No, item-on-ground is the entity type which exists as a filter you can select under the "other" category. The item the entity holds has no baring on the deconstruction planner filters.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

Edit: I see, there is a catch all for item on ground. Thanks.

Return to “Not a bug”