Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

FactorioParadox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FactorioParadox »

So, how well do these mods play without Bob's mods? I'm thinking about trying this mod out but I'm not sure that really want to have a complete overhaul to the game, though I have heard that Petrochem adds its chemicals to everything.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

FactorioParadox wrote:So, how well do these mods play without Bob's mods?
Extremely

The Draf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The Draf »

Arch666Angel wrote:Image
No idea what that is, but I know I want to build one :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

New beacon?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

is that fusion reactor ?

nice

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Maybe the last in the series of tech labs, not completely sure yet. It's the main lab which only get's turned on a handful of times in the whole game :P

WIP screens but that's what it looks like at the moment

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Zyrconia wrote: I attached my latest started base as an example. Arguably, the vanilla Factorio game starts once you unlock green tech. For Bob's, it is more about those basic electronic boards. This goes double for Angel's: you need filter inserters. The game doesn't start before filter inserters because of sorting. So you end up with a big functional base, like in the attachment, only to produce BEBs. After you will tear up most of your smelting and parts of the circuit setup that produces solder.
You can actually do a lot without filter inserters. For example right at the start you crush ore. The crushed ore goes into furnaces and the crushed stone goes into assemblers to make stone. That way you have your goods sorted. Similar on the next level with ore sorting the sorted ores can go into furnaces and the slag into assemblers for processing.

Another trick is to have as many outserter as items produced. Then each outserter will always pick up the same item every cycle. Just make damn sure you never have a backlog or it breaks down.

Once you have red/green wires you can also use a belt for sorting. E.g. have the belt go past all your furnaces and at the inserter for the last furnace you connect the belt to the next tile. The first belt set to read and hold belt content. The second belt set to enable when ore = 0. Then only crushed stone will come out at the end of the furnaces.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

eberkain wrote:
Rue99 wrote: I prefer to play Angels/Bobs/SpaceX/AAI with expensive recipes and 10x more expensive research. Gives each of the tiers of smelting time to shine, and it requires you to scale up. Try it - I think you'd really enjoy the slower pace of the game.
I like that idea, but what about biter evolution?
If you play with RSO (and you probably should!), the biters are nowhere near as big a threat as in (say) deathworld vanilla. I've not had any particular problems.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Rue99 wrote:
eberkain wrote:
Rue99 wrote: I prefer to play Angels/Bobs/SpaceX/AAI with expensive recipes and 10x more expensive research. Gives each of the tiers of smelting time to shine, and it requires you to scale up. Try it - I think you'd really enjoy the slower pace of the game.
I like that idea, but what about biter evolution?
If you play with RSO (and you probably should!), the biters are nowhere near as big a threat as in (say) deathworld vanilla. I've not had any particular problems.
Try adding natural evolution mods and get swamped. You really need to focus on building some turrets and ammo there. And some chain gunners and wardens to kill alien villages before they start attacking you in masses.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Maybe the last in the series of tech labs, not completely sure yet. It's the main lab which only get's turned on a handful of times in the whole game :P

OMFG - oh my fabulous god - all looks awesome, stunning :D

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

thermonuclear reactors are cool
Do you have to start a new game?
will it be extra packs ??
to the main?

термоядерные реакторы это круто
новую игру что ли придеться начинать?
это будет дополнительные паки??
к основным?

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

this is a lab ? but what happens if you combined with pyn coal mod ?

will it crash ?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hellatze wrote:this is a lab ? but what happens if you combined with pyn coal mod ?
will it crash ?
No, bcuz we already have patch viewtopic.php?f=97&t=51967&p=303496#p303496
But full compatibility is my dream :D especially regarding the science pack system and i think that Arch666Angel want to rework science pack system too Image - its interesting what all this means - some pack looks like bob's alien science packs

I not up to the end understand why pyanodon made only 3 science pack like in 0.13-0.14 version of factorio and still did not make 3 remained science packs - military, production and hi-tech - but it is worth considering what is one bob's logistic science pack left

Of course we need big patch for PYCP ;) - this project definitely deserves this to be compatible with bob's mods

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I not up to the end understand why pyanodon made only 3 science pack like in 0.13-0.14 version of factorio and still did not make 3 remained science packs - military, production and hi-tech
One for each expansion. ;)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:I not up to the end understand why pyanodon made only 3 science pack like in 0.13-0.14 version of factorio and still did not make 3 remained science packs - military, production and hi-tech
One for each expansion. ;)
Big thanks for ur explanation pyanodon :D

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Arch666Angel wrote:Maybe the last in the series of tech labs, not completely sure yet. It's the main lab which only get's turned on a handful of times in the whole game :P

Wow all looks awesome, can't wait for new update from you Arch666Angel :D

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Mella wrote:

IKR?

I'm trying not to get to far in my current new game, because I don't want to lose too much when this comes to town. Any idea of the time-frame? Is this as extensive of an update as it appears?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

eformo wrote:
Mella wrote:

IKR?

I'm trying not to get to far in my current new game, because I don't want to lose too much when this comes to town. Any idea of the time-frame? Is this as extensive of an update as it appears?
I feel I must second this as well. I've only gotten to blue science, so seeing this overhaul makes me want to wait and possibly reset the tech tree to try the new system. That is if the mod is not too far from being finished or a beta release.

It also wouldn't hurt to know what those new additions are for bio-industries as well. Biological applications in production is probably the most fascinating science to me, but it's hard to tell from the very tiny screenshot what's going on. I'm hoping that it's a nice supplementary addition to the main game and not something kind of pointless to really get into, since there seems to be a lot there and I doubt it all has practical applications. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Light wrote:
eformo wrote:
Mella wrote:

IKR?

I feel I must second this as well. I've only gotten to blue science, so seeing this overhaul makes me want to wait and possibly reset the tech tree to try the new system. That is if the mod is not too far from being finished or a beta release.

It also wouldn't hurt to know what those new additions are for bio-industries as well. Biological applications in production is probably the most fascinating science to me, but it's hard to tell from the very tiny screenshot what's going on. I'm hoping that it's a nice supplementary addition to the main game and not something kind of pointless to really get into, since there seems to be a lot there and I doubt it all has practical applications. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though.
A release is still a bit off, couple of weeks at least. I'm starting with a new job soon so my time will be limited by then. There is also a lot to do with the overhaul(s) the general structure is there but I need to tinker with recipes and costs.
For bio processing it is similar. The farming is more of an addition/alternate method to get certain resources, but also the stock for what I have in mind with modules and items that should be somewhat restricted in their number at the start/mid of the game (e.g. loaders,...). If you have ideas and suggestion what else could be done with some of the farming go on I'm reading everything in here ;)

Return to “Angels Mods”