Resetting Save Game Play Time Timer?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Resetting Save Game Play Time Timer?

Post by Rylant »

So, I played for like 84 hours with a recent game of mine. I decided to start over, but wanted to use the same settings, so I loaded up my old game, and "Restart"ed. I have now played for several hours after the restart (I have just set up my main bus and started to set up Oil and Blue Science), however when I go to load the current game, I see that it lists my play time as being 87 hours. So, clearly it carried over the timer from the old game, even though I completely started everything fresh. Is it possible to reset the timer? I checked the evolution and it seems normal for a game of 3 or 4 hours. I am not sure if this is a bug or if one of my mods caused this? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rylant

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Resetting Save Game Play Time Timer?

Post by Loewchen »

Can not reproduce, when I restart a save the timer resets every time.
Describe as exact as possible how you restarted the map please.

Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rylant »

To be honest, it's not really a big deal. It just seemed strange to me. I think I just loaded into the old game first, opened the main menu and clicked "Restart", it gave me some kind of warning asking me if I was sure I wanted to proceed, I said "Yes". The reason that I did it this way, is because I understand it mimics your game settings when you do that; is that correct? I restarted this way maybe 3 or 4 times until I found a map that I liked, and continued with my play. I didn't notice the anomaly until a few hours later.

Rylant

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Yes, restarting uses the same settings but a different seed. The behaviour you describe would call for an investigation but as I said, it simply is not happening for me.

Return to “Gameplay Help”