[Dominik] [for 0.16] [15.25] Steam Achievements copied from my account to another

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Dominik] [for 0.16] [15.25] Steam Achievements copied from my account to another

Post by nljr »

My gaming computer was recently out of service for a week, so I used Steam family sharing to continue playing on my wife's computer. That was fine until I loaded up the game using her account. She immediately got all the achievements I had, not just the ones earned on the save game.

So long as she doesn't actually decide to play, this is fine, but it would probably be better to make sure it doesn't happen. (And maybe undo it?)

Steps to recreate: (Approximate)

1. Use two steam accounts, A with lots of Factorio achievements and B with none.
2. Go to a computer that doesn't have FActorio installed and install it through Steam.
3. Create a new play-through using account A. (Don't bother doing anything.) Save the game
4. Exist the game and logout of steam. Log in using account B.
5. Reenter the game and load the save from step 3.

Expected: No achievements earned. Account A still has its achievements and B still has none.
Actual: Account A still has its achievements, but so does B.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.25] Steam Achievements copied from my account to another

Post by kovarex »

Well, we keep the achievements data in a file for a case when, for example, you want to use the non-steam version on a trip.
All the achievements from the file are transferred to steam upon start (and the other way around as well).

The solution might be to add button to delete achievements.

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

kovarex wrote:All the achievements from the file are transferred to steam upon start.
You could note in the achievement file if a steam account was being used, and if a different steam account is used, don't upload. Or maybe have a separate achievements file for each steam account?
kovarex wrote:The solution might be to add button to delete achievements.
That's a good idea too, but will the Steam API support that?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

nljr wrote:That's a good idea too, but will the Steam API support that?
Yes, it does support that. I was using that when I was developing achievements.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Dominik] [for 0.16] [15.25] Steam Achievements copied from my account to another

Post by kovarex »

Dominik: Create a button in the options that can be used to reset all the achievements, even on steam.

London_
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Dominik] [for 0.16] [15.25] Steam Achievements copied from my account to another

Post by London_ »

kovarex wrote:Dominik: Create a button in the options that can be used to reset all the achievements, even on steam.
I would hope there's 2 or even 3 layers of confirmation on that. Long press and hold, key+click, stuff like that. Since I assume there wouldn't be any undo option, having it be near impossible to accidentally reset achievements would be the best option IMO.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I would make the dialog, where you have to write DELETE manually in the text box.

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

kovarex wrote:I would make the dialog, where you have to write DELETE manually in the text box.
I would still prefer you prevent it from happening by linking the achievements file to the Steam account.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

As you proposed, I have added a button to delete achievements into the Settings->Other menu. Useful for cases like the one described, or when you just want to have more fun getting it again.

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

Dominik wrote:As you proposed, I have added a button to delete achievements into the Settings->Other menu. Useful for cases like the one described, or when you just want to have more fun getting it again.
Any idea when I'll be able to test this out on the experimental build?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

nljr wrote:
Dominik wrote:As you proposed, I have added a button to delete achievements into the Settings->Other menu. Useful for cases like the one described, or when you just want to have more fun getting it again.
I'm assuming in 0.16.0, considering the title says [for 0.16] and it is in the "Resolved for 0.16" folder.

But that's just a random guess.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Jap2.0 wrote:
nljr wrote:
I'm assuming in 0.16.0, considering the title says [for 0.16] and it is in the "Resolved for 0.16" folder.

But that's just a random guess.
Jap2.0 is right, it is for 0.16. It is true that this can be confusing, even for me it sometimes takes time to realize that for 0.16 means that it will be in 0.16 etc. We will consider changing it to flashing red.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”