rick and morty season 3 come out, what do you think ?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

rick and morty season 3 come out, what do you think ?

Post by Hellatze »

i feel quite dissapointed in ep 2 and ep 3, basically talking about family business.and forgetting rick old character development.

rick and morty used to have fun adventure, but they become family show. :(

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: rick and morty season 3 come out, what do you think ?

Post by impetus maximus »

how was eps 2 and 3 not adventures?
hello? pickle rick with a hybrid insect/rat exoskeleton.
:lol:

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

impetus maximus wrote:how was eps 2 and 3 not adventures?
hello? pickle rick with a hybrid insect/rat exoskeleton.
:lol:
in the end he go to
therapy session, i mean rick go adventure alone.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

i think some family time keeps the show dynamic instead of just action action action.
when the action starts you can appreciate it more. highs and lows you know?

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Dan Harmon has stated that a core idea of the show is to try to construct a suspension-of-disbelief-compatible context in which parents would allow their kid(s) to hang out with a dangerous mad scientist type and to go on time-travelling adventures together (a la Back to the Future). So this is kind of in line with that: "when you're successfully manipulated by a sociopath here are some things that might happen". Note the striking parallels between S03E01 and S01E01. It was always supposed to be a character driven show, not an Aqua-Teen-Hunger-Force-style anything-goes zany-skit-show-as-animated-sitcom.

That stated, I haven't seen S03E03 yet; maybe it's too much. I am guessing some of these early season 3 episodes are a bit of a reaction against the tendency of season 2 to devolve into an ATHF-type plot process and maybe they'll find a better balance as the season progresses and the writers feel they've firmly established that this is a soap-opera, not a sitcom (although, really, I'd say it's probably meant to be a Jim-Burrows-style sitcom more than either, where there's an episodic structure in a dynamic context where characters grow and relationships evolve over time).

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

golfmiketango wrote:Dan Harmon has stated that a core idea of the show is to try to construct a suspension-of-disbelief-compatible context in which parents would allow their kid(s) to hang out with a dangerous mad scientist type and to go on time-travelling adventures together (a la Back to the Future). So this is kind of in line with that: "when you're successfully manipulated by a sociopath here are some things that might happen". Note the striking parallels between S03E01 and S01E01. It was always supposed to be a character driven show, not an Aqua-Teen-Hunger-Force-style anything-goes zany-skit-show-as-animated-sitcom.

That stated, I haven't seen S03E03 yet; maybe it's too much. I am guessing some of these early season 3 episodes are a bit of a reaction against the tendency of season 2 to devolve into an ATHF-type plot process and maybe they'll find a better balance as the season progresses and the writers feel they've firmly established that this is a soap-opera, not a sitcom (although, really, I'd say it's probably meant to be a Jim-Burrows-style sitcom more than either, where there's an episodic structure in a dynamic context where characters grow and relationships evolve over time).
can you speak in simple words ? i dont understand majority of your paragraphs.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Hellatze wrote:
golfmiketango wrote:Dan Harmon has stated that a core idea of the show is to try to construct a suspension-of-disbelief-compatible context in which parents would allow their kid(s) to hang out with a dangerous mad scientist type and to go on time-travelling adventures together (a la Back to the Future). So this is kind of in line with that: "when you're successfully manipulated by a sociopath here are some things that might happen". Note the striking parallels between S03E01 and S01E01. It was always supposed to be a character driven show, not an Aqua-Teen-Hunger-Force-style anything-goes zany-skit-show-as-animated-sitcom.

can you speak in simple words ? i dont understand majority of your paragraphs.
Sorry, I sometimes forget that not everyone is a walking thesaurus.

I basically mean that probably Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland always wanted Rick and Morty to be a show about family stuff -- not just a bunch of crazy jokes like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Also since the end of season two was somewhat like "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," maybe they want to fix this in season 3. Once they feel it's "fixed," hopefully they will find a happy medium.

Return to “Off topic”