Topics and discussion about specific mods
Thenos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Vehicles: Miner

Post by Thenos »

Hi there

First sorry for my bad English

I think i found a bug with Bobs Ores... maybe it is a known Problem.

The Miner mines the Vanilla Ores perfectly but with the Bobs ores ( Gold , Lead etc ) it mines perfect at the beginning but when the Tile goes to the end there is always a rest of 40 ore Units left but the Miner works and works and works, slowly but it works and it mines many thousands of ores from the Tiles there are only 40 Ores left .

Has anyone an Idea ?

And at the End . Thx for this amazing Mod

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Hello

I have a little problem, I can't mine infinite ore with all bobs and angels mod.

They require sulfuric acid, but even with sulfuric acid barrel in inventory, the miner vehicle don't mine....

Maybe the miner don't recognize angels barrel or angel sulfuric acid inside the barrel ?
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

TheTwitchSniper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheTwitchSniper »

Good day, I have been trying to play you amazing mod but for some reason, the AAI Programmable Vehicles and AAI Miner mod don't work. Miner has "Data Raw Prototypes >=0.3.1" and the AAI Programmable Vehicles says "Data Raw Prototypes >=0.3.1", "Bullet trails >=0.2.1", "walls block spitters >=0.1.1", "off grid effects >=0.2.1", "detached gun sounds >=0.2.1"

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

TheTwitchSniper wrote:Good day, I have been trying to play you amazing mod but for some reason, the AAI Programmable Vehicles and AAI Miner mod don't work. Miner has "Data Raw Prototypes >=0.3.1" and the AAI Programmable Vehicles says "Data Raw Prototypes >=0.3.1", "Bullet trails >=0.2.1", "walls block spitters >=0.1.1", "off grid effects >=0.2.1", "detached gun sounds >=0.2.1"
For AAI programmable vehicles to work you need to get the followings mods :
  • off-grid-effects
  • data-raw-prototypes
  • detached-gun-sounds
  • aai-signals
  • aai-zones
  • aai-programmable-structures
If you don't have all of them, aai programmable vehicles will no work. Dependency beginning by '?' in dependency list in mods screen are not required and the mod will work even if not present.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

I cannot get the mod to work, mainly because any game I load with AAI Miner installed immediately crashes the entire game to the desktop. Is this a known issue?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

No It is not, you either have an error message while loading, mostly compatibility with other mod issue or incompatibility with current release. Or a crash to desktop that you should report to the dev in Bug report section.

I play on last 0.15 with all AAI without problem.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Neemys wrote:Hello

I have a little problem, I can't mine infinite ore with all bobs and angels mod.

They require sulfuric acid, but even with sulfuric acid barrel in inventory, the miner vehicle don't mine....

Maybe the miner don't recognize angels barrel or angel sulfuric acid inside the barrel ?
Still an issue ? Any workaround ?

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

inclue data-raw-prototypes in this mod!!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Bobs + angles changes sufuric acid barrels so that the fluid name does not match the barrel name. I figured out roundabout a way to bypass the problem but I need to do some testing to make sure it won't hinder the performance.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Earendel wrote:Bobs + angles changes sufuric acid barrels so that the fluid name does not match the barrel name. I figured out roundabout a way to bypass the problem but I need to do some testing to make sure it won't hinder the performance.
Nice thing if it works, thanks ;)

Denthris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Denthris »

Has any solution come up to mining infinite ores with the AAI miner. Someone above suggested having a work around and it would be intersting to know if its effective or not. I would love to start figuing out automating the miners and rely on them, but wanting to use Angels infinite ores, this becomes somewhat problematic if this mod can't work with them.

wimplaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wimplaw »

Just tested out 0.3.1 and i got this when i place a miner down. the same happened with the mk1.

i figured xanders mod was the one doing this and mod got no errors when removing xanders mod.

What i know is that Xanders mod disables the use of crude coal in vehicles and some processes not sure if this is whats causing this?

Also installed all the other AAI vehicles and no error when placing them down and driving them with xanders mod activated.

Error while running event aai-vehicles-miner::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Can't set currently burning to an item without a fuel value
stack traceback:
__aai-vehicles-miner__/control.lua:119: in function 'new'
__aai-vehicles-miner__/control.lua:629: in function <__aai-vehicles-miner__/control.lua:629>

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

I prefer using the mod portal for discussions because it lets me create separate threads and monitor those rather than scrolling through 60 pages of posts on a single mod forum post. :P Not the case with this specific mod because its so far only 4 pages, but you get my point. I made several posts on the mod portal page, I'll link the discussions area so you can go right there if you want. I mearly game here to give you a heads up. I've been refreshing the page once every so often when I'm bored, a few times a day or so.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-vehic ... discussion

Short Version: Bug report, suggestion, possibly unintended name issue, and thoughts on these miners being too powerful.
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Vas wrote:I prefer using the mod portal for discussions because it lets me create separate threads and monitor those rather than scrolling through 60 pages of posts on a single mod forum post. :P Not the case with this specific mod because its so far only 4 pages, but you get my point. I made several posts on the mod portal page, I'll link the discussions area so you can go right there if you want. I mearly game here to give you a heads up. I've been refreshing the page once every so often when I'm bored, a few times a day or so.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-vehic ... discussion

Short Version: Bug report, suggestion, possibly unintended name issue, and thoughts on these miners being too powerful.
The forums are good because I can see which thread were updated. I don't get notifications for mod portal comments, and I have to many mods on there to check them regularly without it being a huge waste of time. I'd rather spend that time working on new features, like multiple waypoints and looping orders for miners, which are by the way on the todo list. Also thanks for reporting the bobs ores bug, they must have a minimum value specified or something that changes the way they work.

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

I know about the notification thing, but I still prefer there cause of the separated out topics. Which is why I came here after I posted them to notify you.
I myself leave my tabs open fairly often and my browser 24/7, and just refresh whenever I feel like it. It would be nice if there were notifications there but thats what you get when the devs use their own system instead of finding an existing one to use that already has all the features we'd want. Too bad XenForo is too expensive, its a nice system that'd combine both forums and mod portal :P

Do you plan to fix the name thing so that they aren't all "MK1 2" "MK1 3"? Cause thats just weird. :P
I've been using the mod for a while, and attempting to follow the tutorial videos on the topics, but I just can't get the hang of it. I can't find any way to do some of the things I want. In fact some of the things I did from the tutorial, following perfectly, don't even work so I can't find a way to automate my miners all that well.

Oh that reminds me, you need to make all AAI see gates as a pathway. When I try to path find from inside a closed location with a big gate wall, they can't path find seeing gates as walls and just ram into walls causing infinite damage loops instead of trying to go for the gate. Perhaps also put something in that says no path found and cancels the order.

Its too bad the game doesn't use LUAJit, it would be so much faster, you'd be able to execute your commands directly to the CPU and stop wasting time with an interpreter which the devs can NEVER make as fast as LUAJit. Takes 20+ minutes just to scan every tile in my base, not that I've successfully gotten that working properly yet. I just calculated based on "1 per tick".
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Version 0.3.2:

Now works with solid resources that have prototype properties from fluid resources (bobs ores).

Miners now only try to mine resources that they can fit in their inventory, so work well with inventory filters (but the script runs a bit slower).

The technology names have been fixed.

SereneRebel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SereneRebel »

It's probably something I am doing wrong or the derpy biter pathfinding but when i try to manually shift miner using the remote controller the miner moves around 4-8 tiles then stops dead like its finished and that green path line vanishes

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

SereneRebel wrote:It's probably something I am doing wrong or the derpy biter pathfinding but when i try to manually shift miner using the remote controller the miner moves around 4-8 tiles then stops dead like its finished and that green path line vanishes
No, I think that's a bug with aai-programmable-vehicles. There's one on my todo list that could be responsible for that, but the change requires a lot of testing and I haven't had time to do it yet. I might be able to do it this weekend but can't make any promises.

SereneRebel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SereneRebel »

Earendel wrote:
SereneRebel wrote:It's probably something I am doing wrong or the derpy biter pathfinding but when i try to manually shift miner using the remote controller the miner moves around 4-8 tiles then stops dead like its finished and that green path line vanishes
No, I think that's a bug with aai-programmable-vehicles. There's one on my todo list that could be responsible for that, but the change requires a lot of testing and I haven't had time to do it yet. I might be able to do it this weekend but can't make any promises.
Oh it's not really a problem for me that needs fixing immediately. i also noticed it cancels after 5 seconds every time so it's not a distance / position thing.
I have accommodated for it in my control design i just found it strange and figured i should report it

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I can't re
Earendel wrote:
I can't recreate the problem, and also the code that I thought might be causing issues can only run when a path is incomplete.
Maybe the miners is trying to get somewhere but the pathfinding is failing (maybe the destination is blocked by another miner?).
Or maybe another controller somewhere is interrupting the command?

Return to “Mods”