pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: Dont worry if high tech wins, plastic will be consumed like hell. Its a good insulation. Rubber i dunno, but will have more uses too. In my mod you can produce plastics and rubber from aromatics too. If bobs are installed
If you think about it, rubber should be used to make conveyor belts. I've never seen a real one that was all metal (items skid off).

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:
pyanodon wrote: Dont worry if high tech wins, plastic will be consumed like hell. Its a good insulation. Rubber i dunno, but will have more uses too. In my mod you can produce plastics and rubber from aromatics too. If bobs are installed
If you think about it, rubber should be used to make conveyor belts. I've never seen a real one that was all metal (items skid off).

Yes...like i always says here, too much realism is boring. It´s still a game after all! :) Im just started to scrap some ideas for all the most voted directions.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

To scrap - sounds cool :P

And what about rubber belts, lol https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Reika/RubberBelts
I am not afraid to boring, I like when a game with management throws down me a challenge ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

aklesey1 wrote:To scrap - sounds cool :P

And what about rubber belts, lol https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Reika/RubberBelts
I am not afraid to boring, I like when a game with management throws down me a challenge ;)
If you like that, have you never tried anonymods? It leans more to realism and it's pretty complex.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

hahah there´s a limit between fun and torture :D
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

IT´S ALIVE!!!

Recent release 0.3.0 is ready on Mod portal and officially released! Grab your copy, start a new game and be busy for several hours XD!
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:IT´S ALIVE!!!

Recent release 0.3.0 is ready on Mod portal and officially released! Grab your copy, start a new game and be busy for several hours XD!
Start again? /whine

BTW, typos and things in the mod portal announcement. This is how I would correct it as a native English speaker:

A comprehensive package that focuses on coal processing and developing technologies in this area. More than 30 new buildings and 170+ recipes that will increase the difficulty of your game and also rebuilds the entire first 3 levels of science.

Fully compatible with Bobs and also runs on vanilla.

If you want to follow the progress and development as well as provide feedback or suggestions, feel free to comment in the factorio foruns: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272

There´s also a poll running in the forum thread.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Start again? /whine
Sorry, it´s the last time :D Hey, it´s part of the issues when dealing with a beta :D

Ratzap wrote:BTW, typos and things in the mod portal announcement. This is how I would correct it as a native English speaker:

A comprehensive package that focuses on coal processing and developing technologies in this area. More than 30 new buildings and 170+ recipes that will increase the difficulty of your game and also rebuilds the entire first 3 levels of science.

Fully compatible with Bobs and also runs on vanilla.

If you want to follow the progress and development as well as provide feedback or suggestions, feel free to comment in the factorio foruns: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272

There´s also a poll running in the forum thread.

Thank you! :D I will update there!
pY Coal processing mod

dreadxx990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dreadxx990 »

Its seem not working up but last time it was work fine but until angel update it unless I miss out for compatible mod?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (21.46 KiB) Viewed 6826 times
Mod list.png
Mod list.png (34.78 KiB) Viewed 6826 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It should migrate into existing games. Let us know if there are any problems with it.

The other error I will look into shortly

dreadxx990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dreadxx990 »

I believe something to do with angel mod not sure...

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Nexela wrote:It should migrate into existing games. Let us know if there are any problems with it.

The other error I will look into shortly
I fed it the 3 saved games I have with various mod sets and progression - it migrated flawlessly. He has all but the kitchen sink in that mod list though so my bet is on one of the others getting in the way.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: be busy for several hours XD!
Yes my dear fellow builder!!! 8-)

And the main topic picture is awesome - looks as a gray sad industrial utopia with shades of deep confidence that we will see a clear sky over the head not soon :) :P

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I'll continue the Bobs + Py I started to test the early game I think. It took 2 labs about 6 hours to grind through all the red science running in the background, I don't fancy doing that again.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

dreadxx990 wrote:Its seem not working up but last time it was work fine but until angel update it unless I miss out for compatible mod?
I got the same error here.

withers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by withers »

dreadxx990 wrote:Its seem not working up but last time it was work fine but until angel update it unless I miss out for compatible mod?
I get the same error but from a different line and a conflict with a different mod. (One thats not on his mod list). Its because factorio .15 made "ingredients" inconsistently be sometimes in "data.raw.recipe[name]" and other times in "data.raw.recipe[name].normal / data.raw.[recipe].expensive", and occasionally other mods swap this around. This has caused alot of headaches. The only way to make it conflict-proof is to nil-check the first case and use the second case if nil.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

All good but it's looks like PYCP 0.3.0 not compatible with last Bio Industries

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

There will be an angels fix shortly, bi-industries will have to wait a bit until I get some rest

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ok people! Grab the new version on Mod portal that should fix some of that problems! Thanks again to Nexela ;)

Oh my... the voting is going crazy ahaha. Now Fusion Power is ahead! I hope you all know how hard is to get Helium and other necessary material hahaah, will be fun :D . If that expansion win, prepare to make a huge production chain to gain access to that level of energy efficiency. :D
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Helium oh, its will be interesting :)

Return to “PyMods”